Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: A very wise observation, Ryan. Who I am in my job had nothing to do with who I w...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

A very wise observation, Ryan. Who I am in my job had nothing to do with who I was in my marriage and who I am outside the office. God expects us to use the gifts we have been given responsibly. In a marriage, God has given us excellent guidelines. It has been my experience that those guidelines work out pretty well when followed. I am quite secure in being the woman God intended me to be in a sacrificial marriage and thriving under the protection and guidance of a man who accepts the responsibility and honor that God intended him to have. I find myself a bit baffled at what appears to be a battle between the sexes. I guess I have been out of touch and missed the chaos.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

I think Ryan has some excellent points in his message, as well. It is shameful that our society has pitted A against B, and women against men. It is actually quite disgusting and sickening that marriage, which is supposed to reflect Christ-like love, is being willfully destroyed by a group with a radical agenda. A healthy marriage cannot be built under any environment other than one of trust and willingness to work as a team. I worry that the radical feminist agenda has poisoned many women and made them fundamentally incapable of having a trusting and equal marital relationship with a husband.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-381844 said: THE only time I've ever wanted to "be the man" was when I really had to go to th...
(Quote) Michelle-381844 said:

THE only time I've ever wanted to "be the man" was when I really had to go to the bathroom on a long car ride with no bathroom in sight. :)

--hide--

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! LALALALALALALALALALA...

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! LALALALALALALALALALA...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! LALALALALALALALALALA...

--hide--
Sorry - just trying to be lighthearted......

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-381844 said: Sorry - just trying to be lighthearted......

Sorry - just trying to be lighthearted......

--hide--

No need to be sorry. I'm just making fun.

Blessings, Michelle,

Michael

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: No need to be sorry. I'm just making fun. Blessings, Michelle, Mic...

No need to be sorry. I'm just making fun.

Blessings, Michelle,

Michael

--hide--

PHEW!!! faint
I thought I had been offensive....eek! wide eyed
embarassed

Jan 2nd 2013 new

laughing

CLEARLY I haven't figured out this Reply to Quote thing!!! scratchchin

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-381844 said: CLEARLY I haven't figured out this Reply to Quote thing!!!

CLEARLY I haven't figured out this Reply to Quote thing!!!

--hide--

You have to scroll to the bottom of the window and add your comments after the "[ /quote ]" tag.

BTW -  the misformatted response has been fixed.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: I think Ryan has some excellent points in his message, as well. It is shameful tha...

I think Ryan has some excellent points in his message, as well. It is shameful that our society has pitted A against B, and women against men. It is actually quite disgusting and sickening that marriage, which is supposed to reflect Christ-like love, is being willfully destroyed by a group with a radical agenda. A healthy marriage cannot be built under any environment other than one of trust and willingness to work as a team. I worry that the radical feminist agenda has poisoned many women and made them fundamentally incapable of having a trusting and equal marital relationship with a husband.

--hide--

There is nothing that the radical feminist agenda has done that cannot be changed by good Catholic men standing up and being the leaders and lovers that good Catholic women can trust and love. Since God called men to love their wives as Christ loved the Church, it is incumbent on men to take a stand and be the men God called them to be in spite of what the world says. Men need to "man up" and stop looking for excuses as to why they are unwilling or unable to take the rolls in the family God has planned for them. I think this is a generational issue. Most of the men I know in my age group aren't particularly swayed by what a group of unhappy feminist think. Of course, I am from the South and it is possible it may be just Southern men but I don't think so.

- Elizabeth

Jan 2nd 2013 new

SEE?!!! hug
WE REALLY DO NEED MEN!

Thank you, Jerry - I appreciate that.
cookie hersheyskiss rose

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I just wonder- what sort of guidelines and advice would you give an adult woman who ...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I just wonder- what sort of guidelines and advice would you give an adult woman who does not WANT to "be the man" and "do it all" but who has no man around to do whatever "man things" you deem inappropriate for her to do? How, when there is no one to fill the man's role, can a woman survive and take care of herself in the world without giving the impression that a manly man is not welcomed in her life?

--hide--

does she have a father, a brother, a neighbor, a kid up the street who's cutting grass for 25 bucks? Look, I guess there's a fine line to all this, does she WANT to do everything, or does she HAVE to do everything. If she wants to do everything, then there's no place for men, however, if she has to do everything, find an alternative. Don't try to do it all, to me, and I"m sure to other men, it's very unbecoming for a woman to not show her femininity. Just my thoughts.

Posts 181 - 190 of 196