Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-381844 said: Sorry - just trying to be lighthearted......
(Quote) Michelle-381844 said:

Sorry - just trying to be lighthearted......

--hide--

it was funny tho!!

another point to my post. This is where the feminist line crosses, between the "I want to do it all" and the "I have to do it all". unfortunatly life situations call for different actions, but don't ever think that you should "have" to do it all. I just think there are other ways around that.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-381844 said: SEE?!!! WE REALLY DO NEED MEN! Thank you, Jerry - I appreciate that.
(Quote) Michelle-381844 said:

SEE?!!!
WE REALLY DO NEED MEN!

Thank you, Jerry - I appreciate that.

--hide--

:-) funny...

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: it was funny tho!! another point to my post. This is where th...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

it was funny tho!!

another point to my post. This is where the feminist line crosses, between the "I want to do it all" and the "I have to do it all". unfortunatly life situations call for different actions, but don't ever think that you should "have" to do it all. I just think there are other ways around that.

--hide--

Hi Patrick! Unfortunately, I don't have any men in my life. Poor me! sad However, I do have a little painter guy/handyman - he's 25! I often tell my mother's caregivers how much I like having him around to do stuff for me. Of course, I pay him, but it's still nice to have some testosterone in the vacinity. I make a list for him - I call them his love notes! (He totally knows I'm kidding, and I'm not trying to pull a cougar maneuver on him!) He changes lightbulbs and batteries in places I can't reach without a ladder, he climbs on the roof to paint and glue stuff, and he saws things in half and throws them in the garbage for me! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate him. I suppose if I find an appropriately yoked CM man, I might have to let him go!! Poor little painter guy/handyman! boggled Chelle

Jan 3rd 2013 new

Questions for Patrick and any other men who'd like to give feedback.

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: does she have a father, a brother, a neighbor, a kid up the street who's cutting grass for ...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

does she have a father, a brother, a neighbor, a kid up the street who's cutting grass for 25 bucks? Look, I guess there's a fine line to all this, does she WANT to do everything, or does she HAVE to do everything. If she wants to do everything, then there's no place for men, however, if she has to do everything, find an alternative. Don't try to do it all, to me, and I"m sure to other men, it's very unbecoming for a woman to not show her femininity. Just my thoughts.

--hide--

So in real life, how do you men judge whether or not a woman is doing things because she wants to or she has to? Honest question.

Would you not think well of a woman who finds a fiscally responsible way to manage her household by doing easy things herself when she could have paid a man to do it for her? Honest question. Is experience running an efficient household not a good quality in a future wife and mother?

How can a woman who thinks it's more responsible to fix/do what she can easily fix/do by herself indicate to men that they would still be appreciated and she would quite gladly move over and make room for them in these currently un-filled roles? Honest question.

How many of you men are out there lending your support to single women around you so that they can more easily communicate to other men that they "don't want to do it all"? Honest question.

Would it make a difference if her toolbelt was pink and she was wearing pearl earrings while doing some of these "man-things" for herself? wink Silly question... based in reality. This is usually what I look like when I am fixin' what needs fixin' where I live. The reliable, affordable neighborhood handyman fairy keeps skipping my house, I have no brothers, my father lives 5 1/2 hours away, I earn a teacher's salary, and I like to save my money for a rainy day so to speak, such as when the big things that are definitely too much for me to handle need fixing/doing, or when my dog has to go to the ridiculously expensive emergency vet at 2 AM, or when I need to help out a friend in a crisis, or when some other sort of unexpected situation requiring money pops up.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

I'd love to help, but...

Jan 3rd 2013 new

This baby is LOCKED! wink

theheart

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 196 of 196