Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: In my experience, yes. Not so much that they don't need men, but easily will cut one of us loos...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

In my experience, yes. Not so much that they don't need men, but easily will cut one of us loose if they think they can trade up to something better. One problem I see is that a man isn't allowed to be a man, even though women complain that we don't man up. It's like Lucy complaining that Charlie Brown doesn't try to kick the football anymore, but still pulls it at the last second and leaves him flat on his back.

I've met far too many women who have a list of requirements that are either too difficult to reach, or would require me to be someone I'm not in order to meet them. These days, you have to be a Soldier/Saint/Soap Opera Actor in the eyes of women. I still hold out hope that I'll meet one that accepts me as the imperfect man I am, but also understands my efforts to do my best in all things. Trouble is, the women seem to want all that perfection up front.

And there does seem to be a correlation with these type of women being American, versus an apparently different mindset from foreign women.

I want a woman who both wants me and needs me, but can also be self-sufficient when I'm away for any reason. Proverbs 31 speaks to this.

And for crying out loud, let a man be a man. If I want to open doors or pull out chairs, then that's the end of it. You don't have a say in my being a gentleman. Appreciate and value it instead of taking it as an implied insult to your femininity.

That's it.

--hide--

I think women have analogous complaints about men. It seems to be reflective of a self-centered society in general.

Dec 25th 2012 new
Women need men - as an ATM
Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Steve-921452 said: Women need men - as an ATM
--hide--

Really? So many negative posts in this thread!

If I have to spend the rest of my life providing for myself, I can. I am educated and have a decent and fulfilling job. My preference... a good, Catholic man who wants to raise and holy, Catholic family. Money's nice but it don't buy happiness, as they say.

I will be the first to state that I misread or misinterpret men as to whether they are interested in friendship or more than friendship, I go too slow or too fast in getting to know a guy or giving my information or whatever. I seem to be terrible at this dating "stuff," particularly online.

I do know this...

As much as I would love to be a stay at home wife and mother, I don't want an ATM, super model, fashionisto, Olympic athlete, etc, etc, etc, for a husband. I want a man who loves God and His Church. I want a man who loves me so much that the fruit of our love are beautiful children who we raise together as partners to love God and His Church. I want a man who works in a career that he enjoys, and even more, he loves coming home to me and our children and spending time with us. This is what I want... none of these "attitudes" require fashionable dress, super model looks, or a whole lot of money if one lives frugally.

Perhaps I aim too high. Perhaps I am nieve and live in a world of ideal rather than reality... Heck, probably! Praying hug

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Really? So many negative posts in this thread! If I have to spend the rest of my life prov...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Really? So many negative posts in this thread!

If I have to spend the rest of my life providing for myself, I can. I am educated and have a decent and fulfilling job. My preference... a good, Catholic man who wants to raise and holy, Catholic family. Money's nice but it don't buy happiness, as they say.

I will be the first to state that I misread or misinterpret men as to whether they are interested in friendship or more than friendship, I go too slow or too fast in getting to know a guy or giving my information or whatever. I seem to be terrible at this dating "stuff," particularly online.

I do know this...

As much as I would love to be a stay at home wife and mother, I don't want an ATM, super model, fashionisto, Olympic athlete, etc, etc, etc, for a husband. I want a man who loves God and His Church. I want a man who loves me so much that the fruit of our love are beautiful children who we raise together as partners to love God and His Church. I want a man who works in a career that he enjoys, and even more, he loves coming home to me and our children and spending time with us. This is what I want... none of these "attitudes" require fashionable dress, super model looks, or a whole lot of money if one lives frugally.

Perhaps I aim too high. Perhaps I am nieve and live in a world of ideal rather than reality... Heck, probably!

--hide--

What you are seeing is the result of a very common problem: the tendency for people to get offended and lash out first, then think later (maybe).

There is nothing wrong with your goals and expectations. If you've made mistakes along the way, welcome to the human race. If others can't cope with that, better to find out now than later -- after you've invested emotionally in the relationship. Keep trying, keep praying, and you'll find the right person.

Dec 26th 2012 new
Awww, Steve, I hope this is a joke... Or did the Grinch get you? :( I do just fine on my own financially. I own a home, my car is paid off, and I never had any college loans, even from grad school. I don't have credit card debt, and I am very responsible financially. Do I need a man? I guess technically no. But I want one whom I can love and get to heaven, one who can lead our family and teach our children to grow in faith. He can keep the money... I'm fine in those aspects. I just want a good Catholic man, but that's not as easy as it sounds... :( so I keep praying!
Dec 26th 2012 new
Patrick, I agree it's said. I hear it all the time - Tara, you're fine on your own. You don't need a man!!! It's not even worth the conversation.
Dec 26th 2012 new

For Steve, Roslindale, MA & John Astoria, NY

I'm sorry both of you have had such experiences that you feel women only want your money. There are many women out there that want something completely different in a relationship/marriage, such as love and all that entails, companionship, sharing, etc. all the ups and downs that life throws our way. If you live long enough, there will be plenty.

Do I "knead" a man in my life with all his "dough" or "ATM" card? No! At this point in my life, most people would say, I have everything I need or want, wonderful children, grandchildren, home, retired, my own credit. Except I would like to share my life with someone very special and equally yoked. Since I have all of that other stuff and that's all it is, "is stuff" you find human relationships make all the difference and everything worthwhile. If it's not in God's plan for me, so be it, I'll still live a life filled with joy. (Still hopeful though)

What I hope for both of you are for softer hearts and better successful experiences.

theheart

Dec 26th 2012 new

--hide--
Please say more about this scratchchin

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: HEY ALL YOU MEN, I STILL NEED YOU!! Just thought I'd throw that out there. ...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

HEY ALL YOU MEN, I STILL NEED YOU!!

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

--hide--

Thanks.

Dec 26th 2012 new

Thanks; at least there's ONE still out there.

Posts 41 - 50 of 196