Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: I think if a guy owns a house he would probably prefer that the woman he is interested in als...
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said:

I think if a guy owns a house he would probably prefer that the woman he is interested in also owns a house. I don't think it's a competition thing but rather that it may help rule out the possibility that one person or the other is only interested in financial security. While financial security is important, I don't think either person should want this to be the reason for marriage.
--hide--

That does make sense. Many people see an apt. as a waste of money, so I can see your point.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: (Quote) Valentin-119637 said: I think if a guy owns a house he would proba...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Quote:
Valentin-119637 said:

I think if a guy owns a house he would probably prefer that the woman he is interested in also owns a house. I don't think it's a competition thing but rather that it may help rule out the possibility that one person or the other is only interested in financial security. While financial security is important, I don't think either person should want this to be the reason for marriage.

That does make sense. Many people see an apt. as a waste of money, so I can see your point.

--hide--

As for me, I don't feel threatened in any way by a woman owning her own home; rather, it shows me that she has been able to make some sound financial decisions regarding her living situation and her future. Most if not all of the women I have met and/or dated from here have owned their own homes... nearly all of these women were in their 50s, or late 40s at least, so maybe it is an age thing, or possibly geographic (affordability of houses in their part of the country). Whether or not she owns a home is not a dealbreaker for me, either way.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: As for me, I don't feel threatened in any way by a woman owning her own home; rather...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

As for me, I don't feel threatened in any way by a woman owning her own home; rather, it shows me that she has been able to make some sound financial decisions regarding her living situation and her future. Most if not all of the women I have met and/or dated from here have owned their own homes... nearly all of these women were in their 50s, or late 40s at least, so maybe it is an age thing, or possibly geographic (affordability of houses in their part of the country). Whether or not she owns a home is not a dealbreaker for me, either way.

--hide--

well then it's just me,. and I feel pretty stupid now.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: I think if a guy owns a house he would probably prefer that the woman he is interested in als...
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said:

--hide--

Very well stated, Valentin.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:And as for women not needing men, I think that is true. I am 53 and very independent. I tend to...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

And as for women not needing men, I think that is true. I am 53 and very independent. I tend to take care of things when they need fixed, if I can't fix it, then I hire someone. I feel empowered and strong when I attempt a task that is meant for a man. But yes, I would love to have a man in my life. Someone to grow in faith, share our love of our Lord and worship. To support and be there when we need it. But as to needing, I don't, but I "do want" a man in my life.

--hide--

Very well stated, Carolyn.

Its not about needing us to fulfill menial tasks in your lives. Its about looking at each other as equals, and lifting each other up.

One of my favorite all-time quotes that is in a similar vein of thought:

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Dec 27th 2012 new
Its about looking at each other as equals, and lifting each other up.

WOW Ed. Where have you been hiding?

Treating woman as equals and lifting each other up.

You are a breath of fresh air.
Dec 27th 2012 new

While I didn't read the article, my answer is YES especially when a woman posts on her profile: "I don't need a man, I'm looking for companionship".

Dec 27th 2012 new
Lol!!!!!
Dec 27th 2012 new

Ed -- you are indeed a breath of fresh air!

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

That is what I am looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 27th 2012 new
The same and equal are not one thing. I have 4 quarters, you have 10 dimes, and a stranger standing next to us has a dollar bill; who has more?

More what, objects, currency? The three of us have the same ammount of currency, but not equal number of trinkets in our pocket.

Whoopi & Joy are two of the biggest bags of stale air! They are focussed on what they can gain on earth. The author is focussed on the rewards granted in communion with God! There is going to be NO compromise between these groups. They chose to belive the lies told by the devil. Lies the same as in the Garden of Eden, "Surely you will not die."

Marriage on earth is not the end all. Like the Jewish faith was given to prepare the world for its redeemer, earthly marriage is the forerunner of the marriage of Jesus to His bride at the end of time. CM needs to work with Christopher West to get his study of JP II's Theology of the Body on here.

You can tell a feminist from a God fearing woman very easily. The latter is ALL about power and forcing her will on others. Contrast that to the season we are celebrating. Jesus entered the world as the son of the Roman leader so that His will be forced down our throats and ...

Did I read the right Bible? He entered the world as the lowest of the lowly so that the free will God gave us would remain, so we could choose to LOVE God and others. If women would only see that the greatest of all things God created was scred to death of only one thing. Satan, Lucifer is the freatest angel is frightened of the humility he needs to honor a being lower than him, Mary. Satan chose to reject God and once he did he also knew his error. Satan is a selfish angel. Because he knows God's love and can never again be in its communion he wants to keep all humans from sharing that communion!

In Advent I started pushing the idea of "One of God's Most Beautiful Creations," OGMBC so let's start acting like it! We are in the Year of Faith, we need to believe what our Catholic Faith teaches us about love and marriage. It is something we practice here, but it is meant to prepare us for what is to come in the VERY same way Jesus said He did not come to abolish the Law but fulfill the Law. Truth never contradicts itself and Rachel, admitting she is feminist, pointed out that Feminism is contradictory! HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Christianity says the one who is selfless wins the most. The world says the selfless person is the looser. Before Pilate Jesus said My Kingdom is not of the world. If it were my people would be fighting to save me.

It comes down to the question Are you living for the finite or the infinite? Your choice is very obvious in the way you act. Feminists blame the man for everything. Since you have proven you are "equal" to man accept your portion of the blame for the chaos your backwards thinking has unleashed on society!

Remember the phrase "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world?" The hand of Feminism has rocked the cradle for many years. They are bitching about what they created.
Posts 61 - 70 of 196