Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Killing random persons in an enclosed setting with an assault weapon is such a scary and
senseless act.

It makes a person wonder before they leave the house, to go shopping or see a movie, or go
to school, will something tragic happen.

These random acts definitely have copy-cat effects.

Is the level of bullying in our schools and in society greater than ever?

I know it is very bad. I have my hands full with some bullies who live nearby.

No one even cares. That is how our world has become.

The cops come and see the damage, yet the bullies continue. They have the act
of bullying down pat to keep out of trouble.

The world is pretty heartless.

Who knows what the future will bring for us in America.

Dec 13th 2012 new

The disturbed young men who did the shootings at Columbine, and in the mall, and the others, apparently showed signs
of discontent prior.

I have been hearing on the news that the young man who did the shooting at the mall in Oregon had no visible
signs of illness or distress or of being weird, prior to his last day.

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The disturbed young men who did the shootings at Columbine, and in the mall, and the others, a...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

The disturbed young men who did the shootings at Columbine, and in the mall, and the others, apparently showed signs
of discontent prior.

I have been hearing on the news that the young man who did the shooting at the mall in Oregon had no visible

--hide--

Oh well, another shooting at a Connecticut school today. Who knows the reason? We don't know yet. The school and the
video are on every channel today. The school is in an area considered to be a suburb of NYC, not too far from
here.

I still can't get the picture of the people running out of the shopping mall, even kids, with their hands up, screaming
and crying and scared to their wits end. That was just a few days ago.

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Oh well, another shooting at a Connecticut school today. Who knows the reason? We don&...

Oh well, another shooting at a Connecticut school today. Who knows the reason? We don't know yet. The school and the
video are on every channel today. The school is in an area considered to be a suburb of NYC, not too far from
here.

I still can't get the picture of the people running out of the shopping mall, even kids, with their hands up, screaming
and crying and scared to their wits end. That was just a few days ago.

--hide--

OMG, about 27 or 28 people were killed in this shooting. 18 could be children. What is going on?

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Killing random persons in an enclosed setting with an assault weapon is such a scary andse...

Killing random persons in an enclosed setting with an assault weapon is such a scary and
senseless act.

It makes a person wonder before they leave the house, to go shopping or see a movie, or go
to school, will something tragic happen.

These random acts definitely have copy-cat effects.

Is the level of bullying in our schools and in society greater than ever?

I know it is very bad. I have my hands full with some bullies who live nearby.

No one even cares. That is how our world has become.

The cops come and see the damage, yet the bullies continue. They have the act
of bullying down pat to keep out of trouble.

The world is pretty heartless.

Who knows what the future will bring for us in America.

--hide--

> Is Random Shooting in a Mall with an Assault Weapon a new Psychiatric Illness?

No. It is an act. Committing such an act may the evidence of psychiatric illness, but the act itself is not an illness.

The only thing new about the current events is the intensity with which our spiritual enemies are attacking us -- the inevitable outcome of a society, individuals and governments, that increasingly turns from God and embrace evil.

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: > Is Random Shooting in a Mall with an Assault Weapon a new Psychiatric Illness? <...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

> Is Random Shooting in a Mall with an Assault Weapon a new Psychiatric Illness?

No. It is an act. Committing such an act may the evidence of psychiatric illness, but the act itself is not an illness.

The only thing new about the current events is the intensity with which our spiritual enemies are attacking us -- the inevitable outcome of a society, individuals and governments, that increasingly turns from God and embrace evil.

--hide--

Random shooting into a crowd has taken on new proportions. It reminds me of "self cutting" which has become
very prevalent. Yes, you are right, it is evidence of a psychiatric illness and the we are being faced with extreme
attacks from our spiritual enemies.

Right now, I am just shaking inside because every station on TV, has the news reporters speaking about the incident.
It is such a horrific event. Those poor families.

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The disturbed young men who did the shootings at Columbine, and in the mall, and the others, a...

of discontent prior.

--hide--

He was described as having Asperbergers, a mild form of Autism where those that have it can function normally and even excel in fields such as science and academics. They are simply socially "deaf"; in other words, they consistute those that people would call "geeks."

That in itself would not make a man prone to the violence this man committed. Usually that is accompanied by a combination of any of the following characteristics:

1). The young man has been taking drugs such as Ritalin or Serotonin Uptake Inhibitor anti-depressants. Often, the dosage had just been changed.

2). The young man has become a Materialist and is especially fixated on Darwinism. For example, Pekka Eric-Auvinen, the shooter in the Jokela School shooting, was a dedicated Darwinist who called himself "a godlike atheist", posed with his gun and a t-shirt reading "humanity is overrated", and justified his killings by calling himself "a natural selector." en.wikipedia.org

3). In what may seem ironic when combined with (2), some shooters are practicioners of the Occult. Examples of this include Jared Lee Loughner, convicted for the Tucson shooting of 2011. While declaring himself an atheist and against God, he had an occult altar in his backyard with a skull atop rottiing oranges. articles.nydailynews.com

4). There may also be involvement in drugs and alcohol.

I would not be surprised if some or all of these factors turn out to be involved in this case.

Given the accompaniment of pagan belief in these shooters lives, is it merely a coincidence that this phenomenon has been increasing in occurance jsut as the practice of the Christian faith wanes throughout the Western world? Perhaps not since sudden people suddenly killing mass numbers was a legendary feature of ancient pagan cultures and Asian cultures where Christianity didn't take hold. Particular examples include Amok in Indonesia, the Berserker in Norwegian Viking culture, and the "warp spasm" suffered by Cú Chulainn, the warrior king of pagan Irish literature.

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: He was described as having Asperbergers, a mild form of Autism where those that have it...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

He was described as having Asperbergers, a mild form of Autism where those that have it can function normally and even excel in fields such as science and academics. They are simply socially "deaf"; in other words, they consistute those that people would call "geeks."

That in itself would not make a man prone to the violence this man committed. Usually that is accompanied by a combination of any of the following characteristics:

1). The young man has been taking drugs such as Ritalin or Serotonin Uptake Inhibitor anti-depressants. Often, the dosage had just been changed.

2). The young man has become a Materialist and is especially fixated on Darwinism. For example, Pekka Eric-Auvinen, the shooter in the Jokela School shooting, was a dedicated Darwinist who called himself "a godlike atheist", posed with his gun and a t-shirt reading "humanity is overrated", and justified his killings by calling himself "a natural selector." en.wikipedia.org

3). In what may seem ironic when combined with (2), some shooters are practicioners of the Occult. Examples of this include Jared Lee Loughner, convicted for the Tucson shooting of 2011. While declaring himself an atheist and against God, he had an occult altar in his backyard with a skull atop rottiing oranges. articles.nydailynews.com

I would not be surprised if some or all of these factors turn out to be involved in this case.

Given the accompaniment of pagan belief in these shooters lives, is it merely a coincidence that this phenomenon has been increasing in occurance jsut as the practice of the Christian faith wanes throughout the Western world? Perhaps not since sudden people suddenly killing mass numbers was a legendary feature of ancient pagan cultures and Asian cultures where Christianity didn't take hold. Particular examples include Amok in Indonesia, the Berserker in Norwegian Viking culture, and the "warp spasm" suffered by Cú Chulainn, the warrior king of pagan Irish literature.

--hide--

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: He was described as having Asperbergers, a mild form of Autism where those that have it...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--

Steven: I guess you are talking about the Portland, Oregon shooting. I have heard that Aspergers do have a social problem. Since
he sold everything and was said he was going to Hawaii, it must have been premeditated, even if just for a short time.

Can you imagine if a change of medicine did that? That would be such a shame.

Now we are faced with another shooting at a grade school, plus the guys parents have been shot. I can't even turn the TV on here where
I live. Every channel has it on about the crime and the crime scene.

He could be a pagan as you said, and as Jerry said, the work of evil in this world has been increasing.

Dec 14th 2012 new

What do you want in this day and age? rolling eyes

Posts 1 - 10 of 138