Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

And you can come back and re-post....the CAR/TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING NOW

And post again your FAVORITE CAR OF ALL THOSE YOU'VE DRIVEN/OWNED

And still again come back and tell us what VEHICLE YOU DREAM OF HAVING OR, WOULDN'T MIND HAVING

My first car was sort of a classic....I guess. A 1958 Chev Impala Convertible (metallic blue, white top) with a large V-8

engine! (at least until that engine blew! Oops!)

Btw, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: And you can come back and re-post....the CAR/TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING NOW And post again ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

And still again come back and tell us what VEHICLE YOU DREAM OF HAVING OR, WOULDN'T MIND HAVING

My first car was sort of a classic....I guess. A 1958 Chev Impala Convertible (metallic blue, white top) with a large V-8

--hide--
My ALL-TIME favorite car (wish I still had it) was a 65' GTO convertible (you can tell I was a "rag-top" man at one time!) It was pastel yellow with a black convertible top. That car had a 389 4speed and was fast!

Dec 13th 2012 new

Mine was a '63 Valiant with a push button transmission.

My all-time favortie was a a big ol' 1987 red Suburban with a 450 in it. That bugger could really haul. It had a vinyl floor in it. Transported 7 kids and a giant load from Sam's without even trying hard. And, it made me feel tall once I managed to get into the driver's seat. Thank goodness for running boards! LOL

And, now I drive a little Malibu Maxx. I like to think it looks like a mini Suburban. LOL It's carried me and the remaining 3 kids cross-country twice this year. Only a 6 cylinder but it moves pretty good. I've done 104 mph in it....accidentally....and it never complained.

Dec 13th 2012 new

Wow...had to think back a little. cool question, Jerry!

My first vehicle was a used dark blue 1980 Buick Regal. I bought it while still in college. It had a 305 and was the ultimate road trip car with the plush dark blue velour-ish seats that you'd just sink into. Ahhhhh. Lousy mileage, but it was comfortable and rode so well (the typical Buick "marshmallow" ride), especially long-distance. I went almost everywhere around the eastern half of the country in that car. I put in bigger speakers and had the jammin' aftermarket stereo to go with it. laughing The tank that it was, it even survived a direct hit from a full-grown deer with just cosmetic damage. That story would be a lot different now. Anybody else have a Buick like that?

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Laurie-523231 said: Mine was a '63 Valiant with a push button transmission. My all-time favortie was a a ...
(Quote) Laurie-523231 said:

Mine was a '63 Valiant with a push button transmission.

My all-time favortie was a a big ol' 1987 red Suburban with a 450 in it. That bugger could really haul. It had a vinyl floor in it. Transported 7 kids and a giant load from Sam's without even trying hard. And, it made me feel tall once I managed to get into the driver's seat. Thank goodness for running boards! LOL

And, now I drive a little Malibu Maxx. I like to think it looks like a mini Suburban. LOL It's carried me and the remaining 3 kids cross-country twice this year. Only a 6 cylinder but it moves pretty good. I've done 104 mph in it....accidentally....and it never complained.

--hide--
OMG! It's Laurie! How are you? (I guess in one piece...even though you drove that fast!) They made the 454 Suburban then....to do all kinds of things. One guy told me....heck these things will pull a tree out of the ground if you let it! Your heavy foot reminded me of my brother ...and I've told this. He was in California and was pulled over by CHIPS. The officer asked him why he was driving so fast. He said, "Oh...officer I'm not from around here, didn't see the signs...kind of lost" The cop said, "Well it's not 95 anywhere!" OOPS!! laughing laughing

Dec 13th 2012 new

The car I drive now is 2011 silver Malibu LT with the CTS engine. (she is fast!) I really like the car. It is not my dream car.....but is really the right kind of vehicle right now.

Later I'll post my dream car!

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: And you can come back and re-post....the CAR/TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING NOW And post again ...

--hide--
A nightmist blue 1966 Ford Mustang 289 V8. I bought it with my savings from the US Navy. At the time it was the closest I had ever been to finding true love!

Dec 13th 2012 new

My first car was a 67 Chevelle. It was crusty maroon/primer and didn't look that good, but it could haul. I paid $550 for it. tongue

I had a 79 Camaro later that was yellow. It was high geared and was slow from the get go, but the top end was up there. I told my teenage boys it would go 130 down the highway and it didn't push too hard. I told my boys not to do that though. Praying I said I wasn't born an adult and was a teenager at one time also. cool

I drive a 91 S-10 pickup now. It works fine and looks good and I bought it a few years ago with low mileage.

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: The officer asked him why he was driving so fast. He said, "Oh...officer I'm not from ar...

The officer asked him why he was driving so fast. He said, "Oh...officer I'm not from around here, didn't see the signs...kind of lost" The cop said, "Well it's not 95 anywhere!" OOPS!!

--hide--

youtu.be

(There's an interesting story at the beginning of this clip)

Dec 13th 2012 new

My first car was an 83 Oldsmobile Ciera.
My favourite vehicle I've driven would be either a GMC Sierra 4x4 or the old family Chevy Suburban or maybe the Jetta I had as a rental once. I'm a prairie boy, gotta love my trucks! laughing
My current vehicle is a 2001 Nissan Altima. It was a bit of a lemon the first few years I had it, but the last 2-3 years (knock on wood) it has been good. It's up over 230,000 kms now so I've been thinking about something newer, but I'm too practical to get my dream car, Chevy Corvette biggrin

Posts 1 - 10 of 200