Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Event that's not a CM EVENT

Dec 13th 2012 new

....well it could be if you watch it from afar. eyepopping

laughing The Holy Spirit is strong this Advent season cloud Dove

For those of you that are interested, this Saturday, December 15, 2012 is a benefit concert at the Cannon Center For Performing Arts here in lil' ole Memphis, Tennessee. While this is the home of Elvis, note Blues, Gospel note there is a rich tradition of other genres too. Check it out....I think I can do this here right Brian/Nathan? Oh, yeah. This benefits Catholic Charities of West Tennessee and the St. Martin de Porres Shrine at St. Peters Catholic Church in downtown Memphis. And by the way....during CM Memphis II, back, back, wayyyyyyyy bacccck....*cough, cough, ack, ick....got my acks and icks caught in my throat....sorry... ashamed we went to mass here. Praying theheart

http://www.johnangotti.com

http://www.youtube.com search John Angotti and Friends Family Christmas Concert.

*We just found out the they will be broadcast the concert to US military bases around the world in appreciation of our armed services members and their families. Praying

Dec 13th 2012 new

Wish I could go, but that's a little far. Sounds great, though. Catholic Charities is one of my favorite...charities!

Yes, I believe I've heard of these events you speak of from wayyyyyy back, back, back. I wasn't smart (brave? open?) enough to go to the events back then...but I'm taking advantage of meeting up with other CMers much better these days. biggrin I'm attending a CM get-together for New Year's (see the Member Meet-Ups room) and considering once again the next Indy event in Feb.

West TN...Millington...how far from Murray, KY? One of my best friends now lives near there and I visit her several times a year. If you build a CM event again in Memphis, it's a possibility I could get there fairly easily...

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Wish I could go, but that's a little far. Sounds great, though. Catholic Charities is one of my...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Wish I could go, but that's a little far. Sounds great, though. Catholic Charities is one of my favorite...charities!

Yes, I believe I've heard of these events you speak of from wayyyyyy back, back, back. I wasn't smart (brave? open?) enough to go to the events back then...but I'm taking advantage of meeting up with other CMers much better these days. I'm attending a CM get-together for New Year's (see the Member Meet-Ups room) and considering once again the next Indy event in Feb.

West TN...Millington...how far from Murray, KY? One of my best friends now lives near there and I visit her several times a year. If you build a CM event again in Memphis, it's a possibility I could get there fairly easily...

--hide--

hug wreath Grace to you Lucy. Be not afraid young lady. We are all blessed with the Holy Spirit's grace and timing. Dove While Dallas is home for me, when I'm in Tennessee I'm in the Memphis area. We are down the Interstate from KY.

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Rod-34918 said: Grace to you Lucy. Be not afraid young lady. We are all blessed with the Holy Spirit's g...
(Quote) Rod-34918 said:

Grace to you Lucy. Be not afraid young lady. We are all blessed with the Holy Spirit's grace and timing. While Dallas is home for me, when I'm in Tennessee I'm in the Memphis area. We are down the Interstate from KY.

--hide--

Forgot to add, Lucy. We will pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to put the people, places and things in order, perhaps, to keep a
CM GTG tradition in this geography. We have some wonderful CMers in the geography. Praying biggrin cloud

Dec 14th 2012 new
(Quote) Rod-34918 said: ....well it could be if you watch it from afar. The Holy Spirit is strong this Advent season <...
(Quote) Rod-34918 said:

....well it could be if you watch it from afar.

The Holy Spirit is strong this Advent season

For those of you that are interested, this Saturday, December 15, 2012 is a benefit concert at the Cannon Center For Performing Arts here in lil' ole Memphis, Tennessee. While this is the home of Elvis, Blues, Gospel there is a rich tradition of other genres too. Check it out....I think I can do this here right Brian/Nathan? Oh, yeah. This benefits Catholic Charities of West Tennessee and the St. Martin de Porres Shrine at St. Peters Catholic Church in downtown Memphis. And by the way....during CM Memphis II, back, back, wayyyyyyyy bacccck....*cough, cough, ack, ick....got my acks and icks caught in my throat....sorry... we went to mass here.

http://www.johnangotti.com

http://www.youtube.com search John Angotti and Friends Family Christmas Concert.

*We just found out the they will be broadcast the concert to US military bases around the world in appreciation of our armed services members and their families.

--hide--
Enjoy, Rod. John Angotti was the director of the contemporary choir at my parish here in Morgantown, before he became nationally known.
Dec 15th 2012 new
Rod, you should do a CM Memphis event!
Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Enjoy, Rod. John Angotti was the director of the contemporary choir at my parish here in Morgantown, befo...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Enjoy, Rod. John Angotti was the director of the contemporary choir at my parish here in Morgantown, before he became nationally known.
--hide--

highfive You get a Gold Star! Rolling Along Zoom, I knew John was from that area, just didn't know the specific area. I've known him for about as long as I've been in Memphis. I help out with some of the choir voices, I'm a bass/baritone and some second tenor, in local diocesan functions. I attribute my meeting John guided by the Holy Spirit here in Memphis. Incidently, and perhaps, more attributed by the Holy Spirit, it just so happened that CM came about for me. He talks of rememberance of his life there. Like the rest of us in continual faith formation, he has grown immensely in faith in life. The huge blessing for all of us here is that there is receiprocal sharing of gifts, charisms and talents in faith communities here.

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Rod, you should do a CM Memphis event!
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Rod, you should do a CM Memphis event!
--hide--

laughing Perhaps the Holy Spirit is guiding folks in this geography to stage an event through the CM Neighborhood, Helen? hug

Posts 1 - 8 of 8