Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Am I welcome here?

Dec 14th 2012 new

Hi,

I joined CM because I am lonely and feel in need of 'mingling' with like minded people, but I am not yet divorced. We have been separated for a year and a half, but he is not emotionally well and I have wanted to pray through every step of this process to be certain I remain in God's perfect will. Also, our settlement is quite complicated. I put in my profile that I was only seeking friendship, have the more restricted free membership and have not responded to any "views" or messages sent my way. I sent one smile to someone local who I have met through mutual acquaintances, but it doesn't appear he is active here. I don't see harm in this as I smile and speak to him when I see him at Mass.

I would really enjoy being able to participate on the divorced forums, but if the consensus is that I should not or that I should not even be registered with CM, I will remove myself until I am actually divorced.

Blessings!

Sharie

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Sharie-916016 said: Hi, I joined CM because I am lonely and feel in need of 'mingling' with like ...
(Quote) Sharie-916016 said:

Hi,

I joined CM because I am lonely and feel in need of 'mingling' with like minded people, but I am not yet divorced. We have been separated for a year and a half, but he is not emotionally well and I have wanted to pray through every step of this process to be certain I remain in God's perfect will. Also, our settlement is quite complicated. I put in my profile that I was only seeking friendship, have the more restricted free membership and have not responded to any "views" or messages sent my way. I sent one smile to someone local who I have met through mutual acquaintances, but it doesn't appear he is active here. I don't see harm in this as I smile and speak to him when I see him at Mass.

I would really enjoy being able to participate on the divorced forums, but if the consensus is that I should not or that I should not even be registered with CM, I will remove myself until I am actually divorced.

Blessings!

Sharie

--hide--

Hi Sharie,

I commend you for being open about your status and wanting to do the right thing. The following is taken from the Catholic Match Terms of Service (www.catholicmatch.com ):

In agreeing to these terms you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age, not legally married, and are able to receive the services provided. Please be aware that divorced members who are not free to marry in the Catholic Church are permitted to use CatholicMatch but not for romantic purposes.

Perhaps some of the members can provide links to on-line Catholic support forums for those with marital difficulties that do not require legal divorce for participation. Note that even those who are not members of CM can read the forums, so you can keep track of any responses that are made here even if you close your account. You might also try Catholic Answers (forums.catholic.com ): they have many forums; however, I dn't know if there is one specifically for support for those who are divorced or in the process of divorce.

Please keep praying that God will show you His will for your marriage. If you haven't done so aldreay, it might be very helpful to fins a spiritual advisor to help you with this.

God bless!

Dec 16th 2012 new

Jerry,

I have a spiritual director and have had at least a half dozen priests tell me over the last 20 years that I needed to leave my spouse. These were holy and devout priests that saw something I refused to see. I see it now, but still find it difficult and it breaks my heart.

I have looked at all the Catholic divorce resources out there, but there are no active and/or moderated forums except here at CM. I checked CA today at your recommendation and found nothing. I did not know I could read the forums without a membership. Thank you for telling me. I will delete my membership today, but keep reading, as the support you give one another here is CM is wonderful!

Some day I will return...

Blessings,
Sharie

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Sharie-916016 said: Jerry, I have a spiritual director and have had at least a half dozen priests tell me ove...
(Quote) Sharie-916016 said:

Jerry,

I have a spiritual director and have had at least a half dozen priests tell me over the last 20 years that I needed to leave my spouse. These were holy and devout priests that saw something I refused to see. I see it now, but still find it difficult and it breaks my heart.

I have looked at all the Catholic divorce resources out there, but there are no active and/or moderated forums except here at CM. I checked CA today at your recommendation and found nothing. I did not know I could read the forums without a membership. Thank you for telling me. I will delete my membership today, but keep reading, as the support you give one another here is CM is wonderful!

Some day I will return...

Blessings,
Sharie

--hide--

Sharie, I wish I had something specific I could point you toward. Please do come back when you are able. Praying

Dec 16th 2012 new

Dear Sharie:

Many of us have had diffculties in our lives with spouses, and had to get a divorce. It is so difficult to break free, even from a toxic relationship!

Whatever you decide to do, He will show you the Way. We are ALL His children. You have shown that you are willing to be molded by His Hands. That is such a major accomplishmet!

Take baby steps. Let Him fill you and transform you. Pray for your spouse, too.

Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are not loved! hug

Mari

Posts 1 - 5 of 5