Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jan 24th 2013 new

I am just beginning the annullment process. I didn't think it was necessary as I do not plan to remarry, but it may just heal a few hurts having it done. My advocate at my church said my paper was well written and there should be no problem.

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-913177 said: Well, my ex was in a hurry to get an annulment so he could get engaged. LOL! It all seemed too quick for me an...
(Quote) Mary-913177 said:

Well, my ex was in a hurry to get an annulment so he could get engaged. LOL! It all seemed too quick for me and I felt railroaded into just fill out the papers and get 8 witnesses; like I approved of the process. I did drag my feet and later asked for an extention, but they had already closed the book on me. Oh, well! Thanks for the information and some kind of an explaination. I don't really think that most people understand the annulment process when it happens to them and are treated like they do not have an option.

--hide--
I totally agree that most people don't understand it. My exhusband was contacted three times and chose not to respond. I know that he told the kids that it would make them (bastards) I had to educate my kids. The annulment process is about the sacrament not about the legality. We were married legally when married so our children are not nor ever will be considered bastards. All sacraments must have certain standard that must be met for them to be valid. A simple example is that water must be present in baptism. If there is no water then the baptism can't be valid. There are many more reasons that the sacrament of marriage may not be considered valid and so a system has been set up and assistance is offered to help people walk through the process. It is possible to get someone to help fill out the paperwork when people choose to do this. it is work, time consuming, and it can be very healing. God bless you! May you find the peace that comes from God. Feel free to talk to a local priest about how the process happens so that you can help yourself with your possible questions.
Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) Mary-913177 said: Well, my ex was in a hurry to get an annulment so he could get engaged. LOL!...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:
Quote:
Mary-913177 said:

Well, my ex was in a hurry to get an annulment so he could get engaged. LOL! It all seemed too quick for me and I felt railroaded into just fill out the papers and get 8 witnesses; like I approved of the process. I did drag my feet and later asked for an extention, but they had already closed the book on me. Oh, well! Thanks for the information and some kind of an explaination. I don't really think that most people understand the annulment process when it happens to them and are treated like they do not have an option.

I totally agree that most people don't understand it. My exhusband was contacted three times and chose not to respond. I know that he told the kids that it would make them (bastards) I had to educate my kids. The annulment process is about the sacrament not about the legality. We were married legally when married so our children are not nor ever will be considered bastards. All sacraments must have certain standard that must be met for them to be valid. A simple example is that water must be present in baptism. If there is no water then the baptism can't be valid. There are many more reasons that the sacrament of marriage may not be considered valid and so a system has been set up and assistance is offered to help people walk through the process. It is possible to get someone to help fill out the paperwork when people choose to do this. it is work, time consuming, and it can be very healing. God bless you! May you find the peace that comes from God. Feel free to talk to a local priest about how the process happens so that you can help yourself with your possible questions.
--hide--
I was married in the church. I wasn't married by a Justice of the peace. I still received an annulment.
Posts 11 - 13 of 13