Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

analogy of Heaven

Dec 15th 2012 new

I would like your critic or opinion of my analogy of Heaven:

Analogy of Heaven

Penthouse Trinity & Holy Family

Premier Cathedral Apostles & Saints

Tower suite Saint Michael & Angels

Rose suite Holy Order, Deacon, consecrated men & women

Executive suite disciples {faithful > Catholic Mass & Mass offered & other offiering (i.e. candles/prayer)}

King Premier disciples {faithful > attended Catholic Mass & prayer}

Premier suite Christian {faithful in service/contribute ministry of Jesus}

Superior suite Christian men & women

Junior suite Christian {astray/do not attend Mass or pray}

Deluxe suite Non-Christian men & women

Terrace suite forgotten & suffering souls

Studio suite atheist/non believer

Suite commit moral act & repent

basement do not have moral believe/banished

Outside is universe.

I use the Trump plaza trying to explain the possibliity of what Heaven is like. For instance, how education makes a different in our lives starting from say pre-k to doctorate degree or we our individual status as in politics or royalty which was difficult. Do you think this is a good way of explaining and understanding in balancing or making a difference.

Thank you for taking the time to read and your opinion will help me, which means alot heart

Dec 15th 2012 new

I believe the concept of Heaven changes over time. Mark Twain once said that in Heaven, one could sit in a green field, next to a flowing stream, while gently strumming one's harp....the very thing one would become bored with after five minutes, he/she would be expected to do for eternity. LOL!

Dec 15th 2012 new

I think we cannot really make an analogy for heaven. We will all be washed clean and perfected by our time in purgatory. Will there be 'levels' or 'rooms' to divide us? Will we all be still segregated by education, actions on earth, interests, other 'defining' attributes? Won't we have learned to love each other deeply and truly as God loves us all individually and perfectly? Won't we have risen above boredom, judgement, need for excitement or entertainment? Won't it be more like being lost in love of God, seeing Him truly in all His perfection, like the moments when one is totally lost in wonderment at the perfection of the newborn babe nestled in grateful arms? Or those moments that seem outside time when you are just sitting or lying with your true love, forgetful of all cares and troubles, as you revel in the joy of being loved and loving? Just my thoughts.

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Genie-920495 said: I would like your critic or opinion of my analogy of Heaven: Analogy of Heaven
(Quote) Genie-920495 said:

I would like your critic or opinion of my analogy of Heaven:

Analogy of Heaven

Penthouse Trinity & Holy Family

Premier Cathedral Apostles & Saints

Tower suite Saint Michael & Angels

Rose suite Holy Order, Deacon, consecrated men & women

Executive suite disciples {faithful > Catholic Mass & Mass offered & other offiering (i.e. candles/prayer)}

King Premier disciples {faithful > attended Catholic Mass & prayer}

Premier suite Christian {faithful in service/contribute ministry of Jesus}

Superior suite Christian men & women

Junior suite Christian {astray/do not attend Mass or pray}

Deluxe suite Non-Christian men & women

Terrace suite forgotten & suffering souls

Studio suite atheist/non believer

Suite commit moral act & repent

basement do not have moral believe/banished

Outside is universe.

I use the Trump plaza trying to explain the possibliity of what Heaven is like. For instance, how education makes a different in our lives starting from say pre-k to doctorate degree or we our individual status as in politics or royalty which was difficult. Do you think this is a good way of explaining and understanding in balancing or making a difference.

Thank you for taking the time to read and your opinion will help me, which means alot

--hide--

I think it is quite creative, though I am not sure it is theologically accurate. The lower levels seem to be controversial as you have those who are still in sin, but before heaven we shall be purified (through purgatory if necessary) in order to be fit to enter. Heaven will be greater than any of our expectations, and earthly words and ideas are not said to describe it. The Trump Plaza analogy is not likely what heaven is really like, it is much too earthly. I think we have to be careful when coming up with these analogies, unless lead by the Holy Spririt as were mystic saints (like St. Teresa of Avila), as we might lead others into error.

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: I think it is quite creative, though I am not sure it is theologically accurate. The l...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

I think it is quite creative, though I am not sure it is theologically accurate. The lower levels seem to be controversial as you have those who are still in sin, but before heaven we shall be purified (through purgatory if necessary) in order to be fit to enter. Heaven will be greater than any of our expectations, and earthly words and ideas are not said to describe it. The Trump Plaza analogy is not likely what heaven is really like, it is much too earthly. I think we have to be careful when coming up with these analogies, unless lead by the Holy Spririt as were mystic saints (like St. Teresa of Avila), as we might lead others into error.

--hide--

This is not suppose to be theological since I do not have the education or acknowledge being lead by the Holy Spirit. Also, do not want to lead others in error. Did not include purgatory that would be to me as part before we go our place which can change as we offer Catholic Mass, etc. Everyone always I am going to Heaven. Then I started to think isn't Heaven consider maybe three parts when you think about and what if that is broken down into more parts how would explain it. This is the concept of trying to explain to adults and children as I truly do not place we hope to go to someday. Base on some of what Jesus said as well as how society runs this was the closest way of explaination.

Rather, it is a way of explaining how we continue to do earthly work here (i.e. offering Mass, prayers, etc) for those who are now in the presence of the departed. That those who have departed (i.e. saints, family, etc) depending on their place and state are also able to come to our aid here on earth for our needs. Since I realize the gifts of the Catholic Church treasures through Holy Trinity and Holy Family.

I really thank you so much from my heart even though this is not an CM topic of discussions, althought, this site is very informatiive in answering questions of this beautiful rich Faith.

Feb 8th 2013 new

My other thought is that we on earth are privilege to receive all the SEVEN SACRAMENTS, HOLY BIBLE, and PRAYERS (esp ROSARY) as our Heavenly treasures, but the greatest gift is GOD'S LOVE. Also, maybe God gave us free will to choose our own destiny and to transform ourself daily, through many tools as an example this site, EWTN, each other's experience and knowledge, and so forth, incuding the above. The Heavenly gifts is what we take with us , this analogy is maybe another way for us to consider our place, something to think about !!!

Feb 8th 2013 new

Heaven is beyond our mortal comprehension. I think it will be different for everyone, but it's just my personal feeling. I don't worry about getting bored or wondering what I will do for all of eternity. Even if it were explained to me, I am still bound by what I know in this world and I know I don't have (yet) the capacity to understand or appreciate the wonders and joys of Heaven.

I remember one of the visionaries of a Marian apparition was asked what she experienced when she was allowed a glimpse of Heaven, and she answered that she saw a sea of faces, all glowing with interminable joy. That's good enough for me to get me through this life!

Feb 8th 2013 new

Thank you, Genie. Your post reminded me of In My Father's House, John 14:2

CATHOLIC TEACHINGS
REGARDING
"IN MY
FATHER'S HOUSE,
THERE ARE MANY ROOMS." [John 14:2]

What is the meaning of this Biblical passages? Many
non-Catholic denominations have referred to this passage in their argument that
everyone who has faith in Jesus, they are saved no matter what religions they
belong to.

Many Catholics (including priests and Bishops), in the spirit
of ecumenism, have quoted this Biblical verse to imply that salvation stretches
out to all religions, no matter what its followers believe in.

What was
the teaching of the Catholic Church regarding this passage prior to Vatican II?
Has that teachings changed? Does the truth change? Was the Catholic Church
teachings errors prior to Vatican II; or is it teaching errors now?

Let
us review the pre-Vatican meaning of “In my Father’s House, there are many
rooms.” [Jn. 14:2]

1. First of all, let us quote the entire passage, not
just a part of it. “In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If it were not
so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?” [Jn. 14:2]
(Rheims, A.D. 1582.) Note that the word “rooms” is not in the quoted passage.
Instead, you have the word “mansions.” This is because modern Bible versions
have replaced the word “mansions” with the word “rooms.” This changes the
meaning of the Bible passage.

When a reference is made to “many rooms”
in the Father’s House, it can imply “many religions.” But when we properly refer
to “many mansions,” each of these mansions having many rooms of their own, it
becomes obvious that the word “mansion” has nothing to do with different
religions/denominations.

2. Pre-Vatican teachings were that this Bible
verse was intended “to mean the heavenly kingdom to which Jesus is returning
(though there are no grounds for understanding “many” to mean also “many kinds”
or “degrees”). [The Jerome Biblical Commentary; Publisher: Prentice-Hall; 1968]

The aforementioned tells us that “many mansions” was not a reference to
“many kinds” or “degrees,” meaning “spiritual worlds” or “dimensions” that might
have included the living saints on earth, the souls in Purgatory, the souls in
Limbo and finally the souls in Heaven. While these different dwellings places
could be implied as “many mansions,” the traditional teaching of the Church was
that such was not the meaning of Jesus’ Words.

3. Traditionally, the
Catholic Church also taught that “the Father’s house is where God is, and
whoever is with God is in His house. This was interpreted to mean that the “many
mansions” of the Father’s house were a reference to the many Catholic
Churches/Parishes on earth, where Christ is found.

The “many mansions"
were understood to mean that Christ physically dwelled in the Sacred Tabernacles
of the Catholic Churches throughout the world. Each of these Churches/Parishes
have “many rooms,” those "rooms" meaning the “soul members” in which dwells the
Holy Spirit. Remember that members of the Body of Christ are Temples of the Holy
Spirit.

4. Another ancient interpretation has to do with “If it were not
so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?” [Jn. 14:2] The
disciples felt that Jesus was going away and abandoning them. They wanted to be
part of God’s Kingdom. Jesus had to reassure them that that there was ample room
in His Father’s house where He would be.

Therefore, they needed to have
no fear that He would fail to find a place for them in His company. “I am going
to prepare a place for you.” His final reassurance was that His departure was
only that they may be together forever.

To summarize the traditional
teachings of the Catholic Church, it can be said that:

a. “In my
Father’s House, there are many rooms” [Jn. 14:2] is not a reference to the
salvation of our separated brothers and sisters.

b. “In my Father’s
House, there are many mansions” [Jn. 14:2] is a reference to God’s dwelling on
earth, the “many mansions” being the “Sacred Tabernacles” in which the Real
Presence of Christ dwells in the Holy Eucharist.

And when a reference is
made to the “rooms” within the “many mansions,” it is a reference to the local
members (parishioners) of the Body of Christ who belong to each individual
Church.

Feb 8th 2013 new

Another quote from Jesus makes a better anaology of heaven in my way of thinking... "the kingdom of God is at hand". (OK, I know this is out of context, but hey, it works for me...) Where God is, there is heaven. If you have Christ in your heart, you have the opportunity to be Christ to others, you have the opportunity to make a heaven on earth for someone, right here, right now. I always wonder about people who say they cant wait to go to heaven when they die. Why are they waiting until they die?

I think Dante said it second best... "the mind can make a heaven of hell or hell of heaven".

Feb 8th 2013 new

heart Nilda that is tremendously beautiful of explanation... One thing is the labor of our love on earth that one has yet explain to me as individuals for oneself. My thought is when the rich man wanted to go back and tell his brother, but also where the saints are as our role model here on earth but also being able to intercede on our behalf in Heaven. Maybe it is not so much place but the labor of love that will make the difference. Just something to contemplate. rosary theheart Praying rose

Posts 1 - 10 of 19