Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I don't think everyone would just spontaneously add the Siblings info in the ad-lib secti...
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said:

I don't think everyone would just spontaneously add the Siblings info in the ad-lib section of their profile. Admin has not chimed in on this yet. I don't understand why.
--hide--

Even though I'm only the elder of 2 children, I wholeheartedly agree with the decision to remove this part from the profile and allow that disclosure to be the choice of the member rather than fixed data in our profiles.

Where is there a legitimate need to know this information that necessitates its disclosure in our profiles on anything other than a voluntary basis, which is easily satisfied by including it in our "About Me" section?

People are always crying about how difficult it is to fill 2,500 characters in their "About Me" section. Well, admin just gave us a way to do it. Instead of complaining, perhaps we should be thanking them for making our task a little easier.

Realistically, it serves no useful purpose for it to be either necessary or required. Who chooses a potential mate based on their birth order or by how many brothers and/or sisters they have anyway?

Seriously.

theheart

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Even though I'm only the elder of 2 children, I wholeheartedly agree with the decision to remov...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Even though I'm only the elder of 2 children, I wholeheartedly agree with the decision to remove this part from the profile and allow that disclosure to be the choice of the member rather than fixed data in our profiles.

Where is there a legitimate need to know this information that necessitates its disclosure in our profiles on anything other than a voluntary basis, which is easily satisfied by including it in our "About Me" section?

People are always crying about how difficult it is to fill 2,500 characters in their "About Me" section. Well, admin just gave us a way to do it. Instead of complaining, perhaps we should be thanking them for making our task a little easier.

Realistically, it serves no useful purpose for it to be either necessary or required. Who chooses a potential mate based on their birth order or by how many brothers and/or sisters they have anyway?

Seriously.

--hide--

Thank you for your views Victor, but I still have no idea how Admin sees this.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: Thank you for your views Victor, but I still have no idea how Admin sees this.

--hide--
I think there are some psychological factors that sometimes are related to birth order, or even the number of siblings, but I doubt if most people are aware of these subtleties. They can be of personal interest -- as they seem to be with you.

What you can do to receive an answer is to contact Admin directly via a Help Ticket. Allow a couple days (more because of Christmas) and you should receive an official answer from them.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: Thank you for your views Victor, but I still have no idea how Admin sees this.

--hide--

Considering that Admin set up the new profile structure the way it is, don't you think that they may want to leave it this way for a while to gauge how it works? Or maybe they think your question has been adequately answered by the suggestion to put it in the text??

As for me I am quite capable of asking someone how many siblings they have and where they fall in the birth order.. I usually do it anyway early in the correspondence.. Not quite sure why every detail of someones life has to be in the profile before we can begin correspondence..

Dec 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Considering that Admin set up the new profile structure the way it is, don't you think t...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Considering that Admin set up the new profile structure the way it is, don't you think that they may want to leave it this way for a while to gauge how it works? Or maybe they think your question has been adequately answered by the suggestion to put it in the text??

As for me I am quite capable of asking someone how many siblings they have and where they fall in the birth order.. I usually do it anyway early in the correspondence.. Not quite sure why every detail of someones life has to be in the profile before we can begin correspondence..

--hide--

Thank you for your views, Donna, but I still do not know how Admin sees this.
Dec 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: I think there are some psychological factors that sometimes are related to birth order, or even the number of sib...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

I think there are some psychological factors that sometimes are related to birth order, or even the number of siblings, but I doubt if most people are aware of these subtleties. They can be of personal interest -- as they seem to be with you.

What you can do to receive an answer is to contact Admin directly via a Help Ticket. Allow a couple days (more because of Christmas) and you should receive an official answer from them.

--hide--

Great minds think alike Ray. I thought of the Help Ticket last night and submitted one. Thanks for being constructively helpful in trying to get me an answer. I appreciate it.
Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 said: Considering that Admin set up the new profile struc...
Quote:
Donna-83441 said:

Thank you for your views, Donna, but I still do not know how Admin sees this.

--hide--

Considering that Admin set up the new profile structure the way it is..............

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: Great minds think alike Ray. I thought of the Help Ticket last night and submitted one. Thank...

Great minds think alike Ray. I thought of the Help Ticket last night and submitted one. Thanks for being constructively helpful in trying to get me an answer. I appreciate it.
--hide--

scratchchin Okaaayyyyy... so, those who do not agree with your assertion that an atrocity has taken place with the profile change are not of great mind and haven't been "constructively helpful"?

Gee, perhaps we should all just be monkey and sit silently until those of greater intellect call on us.

We await your beckoned call. rolling eyes

theheart

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Okaaayyyyy... so, those who do not agree with your assertion that an atrocity has taken place w...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Okaaayyyyy... so, those who do not agree with your assertion that an atrocity has taken place with the profile change are not of great mind and haven't been "constructively helpful"?

Gee, perhaps we should all just be and sit silently until those of greater intellect call on us.

We await your beckoned call.

--hide--
I did not say this is an atrocity. I did not present this as a huge issue. I simply wanted an answer to my question, which is a completely valid question. Can the Siblings info be added back into profiles? Yes or no with an explanation. No drama necessary.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I did not say this is an atrocity. I did not present this as a huge issue. I simply wanted an ...

I did not say this is an atrocity. I did not present this as a huge issue. I simply wanted an answer to my question, which is a completely valid question. Can the Siblings info be added back into profiles? Yes or no with an explanation. No drama necessary.

--hide--
Kathleen, I understand what you are saying and I, too, think birth order is important. However, it doesn't bother me enough to join a movement to retain siblings in the personal profile.

I believe that number of siblings in a family and how your siblings have affected you is a great idea for a blog. Why not try your hand at a blog, Kathleen?

Posts 11 - 20 of 30