Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Dec 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Kathleen, I understand what you are saying and I, too, think birth order is important. However, it doesn't ...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Kathleen, I understand what you are saying and I, too, think birth order is important. However, it doesn't bother me enough to join a movement to retain siblings in the personal profile.

I believe that number of siblings in a family and how your siblings have affected you is a great idea for a blog. Why not try your hand at a blog, Kathleen?

--hide--

Thanks for your views Margo. I am just going to work with Admin off line to get an answer.
Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: Thanks for your views Margo. I am just going to work with Admin off line to get an answer.
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said:

Thanks for your views Margo. I am just going to work with Admin off line to get an answer.
--hide--

Kathleen, thank you for your persistence.

Victor, pouting is not attractive to anyone.

Ray, thanks for your input. One does not have to be aware of subtleties to be affected by them.

Dec 22nd 2012 new
I dont understand why people have to be pounced on when others dont agree with them. This is a forum, isnt it? And admin does want feedback about the new profile system, dont they. Kathys asking for admins response.

Can we all remember that we are Christians?
Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: All you have to do is add it to the essay section of Tell Us About Your Family Background.. All th...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

All you have to do is add it to the essay section of Tell Us About Your Family Background.. All those sections are narratives..

--hide--
I think she just wants to know why and if it can be added back. I would think we could say that the whole profile is a narrative and we could put everything in our essay no??? Let her get her answer from the people who asked for input on the new format. I also noticed that and wondered why it was removed???

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I think she just wants to know why and if it can be added back. I would think we could say that ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I think she just wants to know why and if it can be added back. I would think we could say that the whole profile is a narrative and we could put everything in our essay no??? Let her get her answer from the people who asked for input on the new format. I also noticed that and wondered why it was removed???

--hide--

Community Help is the name of the room.. That means myself or Jerry as Moderators are here to answer questions for people..Or any other member who might know the answer.. If a person wants an answer directly from Admin they need to use the Help Ticket system.. If *I* even as a Moderator send in a Help Ticket if I need an answer directly from Admin.. Several of us attempted to offer help to Kathleen with suggestions.. After alll...Isn't that what the word COMMUNITY means?

Dec 23rd 2012 new
This was the most useful reply. All that had to be said is: If you want admin to reply, send a help ticket. Otherwise, moderators will reply if you only post here.
Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Community Help is the name of the room.. That means myself or Jerry ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Community Help is the name of the room.. That means myself or Jerry as Moderators are here to answer questions for people..Or any other member who might know the answer.. If a person wants an answer directly from Admin they need to use the Help Ticket system.. If *I* even as a Moderator send in a Help Ticket if I need an answer directly from Admin.. Several of us attempted to offer help to Kathleen with suggestions.. After alll...Isn't that what the word COMMUNITY means?

--hide--
rose Donna, Thank you for your explanation. I rejoined Catholic Match after a 2 yr haitus; this is one of the items that has changed. rose

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Donna, Thank you for your explanation. I rejoined Catholic Match after a 2 yr haitus; this is one...

Donna, Thank you for your explanation. I rejoined Catholic Match after a 2 yr haitus; this is one of the items that has changed.

--hide--
Excuse me, hiatus. I wish we had that 15-minute correction system that is offered on Linked In.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Excuse me, hiatus. I wish we had that 15-minute correction system that is offered on Linked In.

Excuse me, hiatus. I wish we had that 15-minute correction system that is offered on Linked In.

--hide--

Once an editor laughing

As for the original posted question, I always did look at the number of siblings, just to get an idea of whether the person a large family, small family or an only child, but then since this is generally an early topic of conversation with a new friend, having or not having the information in the profile data isn't that critically important to me. I've never screened anybody in or out as a result of number of siblings or birth order.

Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I thought we used to have a line for Siblings in our Background section? Did that get lost in the transition t...
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: I thought we used to have a line for Siblings in our Background section? Did that get lost in the transition to the new profile format?

Kathleen
--hide--
Reply to Help Ticket:

"I spoke with our tech staff regarding your question.

The information on siblings was removed in order to simplify the account creation process since we often received feedback from members that our profile creation process was too long.

From the data we gathered from site activity, it was not a topic many people used as a criterion to choose whether or not to enter into a relationship with someone.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns."
Posts 21 - 30 of 30