Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: I agree Steven. The idea of some kind of phychological "test" to qualify for gun owner...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

I agree Steven. The idea of some kind of phychological "test" to qualify for gun ownership is a VERY open door for gun-control government bureaucrats to create a profile based on questionable objective definitions as to what constitutes "mentally heathy enough to own a gun", thus giving the government great powers to deny citizens their constitutional rights under the 2nd amendment. It is a clear violation of due process, but I'm sure we will see the usual gun-control zealots pushing for it along with every other scheme to destroy the right to bear arms. A Blessed Christmas to all this day!

--hide--

Given what has happened in the past, it is not even outside the bounds of reason to foresee a subjective ordering that states that they do not deny the 2nd Amendment except on the basis of felony or insanity, and then define sanity as not wanting a gun.

In other words, the bearing of arms could be wrapped up in a Catch-22 similar to Joseph Heller's invented dilemma; you have to be "sane" to bear arms, but the desire to bear arms is considered proof of insanity.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: In other words, the bearing of arms could be wrapped up in a Catch-22 similar to Joseph...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

In other words, the bearing of arms could be wrapped up in a Catch-22 similar to Joseph Heller's invented dilemma; you have to be "sane" to bear arms, but the desire to bear arms is considered proof of insanity.

--hide--

Hey it already happens every day.
take a murder case;
A prosecutor says the guy is guilty and sane, The defense says he committed the act while crazy.
So the guy convicted.
Later come parole time the roles are reversed.
The prosecutor now says the guy is crazy, The defense says he is now sane.

(This is not my thinking but some one else came up with this)

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Joseph-841276 said: Hey it already happens every day.take a murder case;A prosecutor says th...
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said:

Hey it already happens every day.
take a murder case;
A prosecutor says the guy is guilty and sane, The defense says he committed the act while crazy.
So the guy convicted.
Later come parole time the roles are reversed.
The prosecutor now says the guy is crazy, The defense says he is now sane.

(This is not my thinking but some one else came up with this)

--hide--
Sadly, this kind of thing does happen every day, and it is a perfect example of how lawyers twist the legal system into the convoluted mess that it is. Imagine how much worse it would be without our Constitution and Bill Of Rights.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: After since the shooting in Connecticut, how should the gun laws be enforced? I say like in schools, all o...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: After since the shooting in Connecticut, how should the gun laws be enforced? I say like in schools, all of them need to have metal detectors.
--hide--

It is interesting to witness such a pasionate debate by all of us. A sad time indeed. I wonder what happened to our passion regarding abortion? We are talking here about laws and regulations to solve this. The same government will implement these laws that implement abortion rights and that want to deny our religious freedoms by requiring us to fund abortion and birth control. Logically, one would have to assume that we on this forum do not consider abortion the murder of the innocent.

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Robert-865095 said: It is interesting to witness such a pasionate debate by all of us. A sad time indeed. I wo...
(Quote) Robert-865095 said:

It is interesting to witness such a pasionate debate by all of us. A sad time indeed. I wonder what happened to our passion regarding abortion? We are talking here about laws and regulations to solve this. The same government will implement these laws that implement abortion rights and that want to deny our religious freedoms by requiring us to fund abortion and birth control. Logically, one would have to assume that we on this forum do not consider abortion the murder of the innocent.

--hide--

I notice this is your first post; are you a new member? Review the forum histories and you will find that there are many posts discussing abortion. There will undoubtedly be more; stay tuned.
Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: (Quote) Robert-865095 said: It is interesting to witness such a pasionate de...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:
Quote:
Robert-865095 said:

I notice this is your first post; are you a new member? Review the forum histories and you will find that there are many posts discussing abortion. There will undoubtedly be more; stay tuned.
--hide--
Oh, yeah. You should have been around here during the presidential election! We most certainly exposed Obama and his administration on abortion...and will continue to do so!
Dec 27th 2012 new

I have been a member before and I do realize there are discussions around abortion. My observation is that here as well as in other areas of the Catholic/Christian community is that this is now a passionate, heated debate. Abortion is not.

Dec 27th 2012 new

Raise the price of bullets. If each bullet cost 10,000 dollars, people wouldnt waste them shooting innocents. Or we could tax bullets to cover the cost of placing armed guards in schools. Otherwise the cost of arming schoools would be staggering, which would be concerning since everyone has recently become concerned about fiscal policy. I assure you the United States does not need a rag tag militia to keep the government in check. That is caveman thinking. It needs intelligent people. It needs people that keep houses of the populace heated, the internet operational, that perform heart transplants, & develop new technologies. The non-thinkers should not concern themselves until the thinkers signal that something is wrong with the government. Considering the fact that 47% of the miltary has applied for disability after engaging the Iraqi paper tiger, we wont need much of a militia anyhow.

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Robert-865095 said: I have been a member before and I do realize there are discussions around abortion. My observation is that her...
(Quote) Robert-865095 said:

I have been a member before and I do realize there are discussions around abortion. My observation is that here as well as in other areas of the Catholic/Christian community is that this is now a passionate, heated debate. Abortion is not.

--hide--
Oh, there have been heated debates on abortion here. I've personally faced the firing squad from Obama supporters.

As far as the general Catholic community, many are alert. (Though too many are still sleeping.) Everything from lawsuits www.becketfund.org to rosary rallies in the public square have been organized to oppose Obama trampling on our freedom to practice religion and his abortion/contraception agenda. www.youtube.com

As Edward suggested, a search through locked Culture and Current Events threads will reveal a great deal of discussion on these issues.
Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Ray-914631 said: Raise the price of bullets. If each bullet cost 10,000 dollars, people wouldnt waste them shooting innocents. Or ...
(Quote) Ray-914631 said:

Raise the price of bullets. If each bullet cost 10,000 dollars, people wouldnt waste them shooting innocents. Or we could tax bullets to cover the cost of placing armed guards in schools. Otherwise the cost of arming schoools would be staggering, which would be concerning since everyone has recently become concerned about fiscal policy. I assure you the United States does not need a rag tag militia to keep the government in check. That is caveman thinking. It needs intelligent people. It needs people that keep houses of the populace heated, the internet operational, that perform heart transplants, & develop new technologies. The non-thinkers should not concern themselves until the thinkers signal that something is wrong with the government. Considering the fact that 47% of the miltary has applied for disability after engaging the Iraqi paper tiger, we wont need much of a militia anyhow.

--hide--

And just who are the so-called thinkers that the rest of us should have to kow-tow to? Somehow, I don't think you and I will agree on who they would be. Perhaps you want someone to think for you, but I'll handle my thinking all by myself, thank you.
Posts 151 - 160 of 200