Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 27th 2012 new

As you and Edward suggest I will review thoroughly. I will say that I am with you having faced the the Obama supporters. I could go on about that but as I stated I will refrain.

Dec 27th 2012 new
Robert, I think your point is a valid one. We should cry every day for the unborn child, just as we mourn for these children who were killed by that horrific act. May tomorrow the Feast of the Holy Innocents remind us to cherish the lives of all children, born and unborn. We would do best to rely on Our Lady and Our Savior to change the course of this country, starting in our own hearts. Our Lady of America, I continue to thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray for us. John
Dec 27th 2012 new

BTW, in addition to the Gun Control Laws there is Diane Fienstein's Gun ban law. Not only will it ban guns with even one (1) military characteristic (her term), but bars workarounds, and reduces the prohibited characteristics from two (2) to one (1). It will also ban semiautomatic rifiles, shotguns, and handguns with "detachable magazines and one military characteritics."

(As an aside, many semi-auto handguns are based on presently used sidearms, such as the M1911 or the Walther PPK & P38).

www.feinstein.senate.gov

www.naturalnews.com

Dec 28th 2012 new

The womb should be the safest place in the world for an infant. When evil can reach into that sanctuary and murder a child, and when society approves that action...what message is sent to all society? That it is OK to murder children. We reap what we sow.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Timothy-240636 said: The womb should be the safest place in the world for an infant. When evil can reach into that s...
(Quote) Timothy-240636 said:

The womb should be the safest place in the world for an infant. When evil can reach into that sanctuary and murder a child, and when society approves that action...what message is sent to all society? That it is OK to murder children. We reap what we sow.

--hide--

It sends a message that human life is not valued, and people do take that message to heart in many ways. Even the government gets that message; it says to them that, if even life in the womb can be destroyed, then there are no rights to which it is bound to respect.

There is only license which they may positively grant as "rights", and just as easily take away.

Those that "enjoy" such "rights" should take note.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Thess-624577 said: I say: NO BADGE, NO GUN! It doesn't matter if it's lega...
(Quote) Thess-624577 said:

I say: NO BADGE, NO GUN!

It doesn't matter if it's legally purchase or not. Guns are meant to shoot people not cats or dogs. So owning one means shooting a person one way or another. Look at what happened in CT. The mother legally owns the gun... was she able to control the consequence of owning it? NO!!! Kids died and our nation's heart is bleeding. End of story.

--hide--
How many millions of unborn children are murdered every year through Abortion? No guns are used,but it's just as bloody.It's even legal.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: BTW, in addition to the Gun Control Laws there is Diane Fienstein's Gun ban law. Not only wi...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

BTW, in addition to the Gun Control Laws there is Diane Fienstein's Gun ban law. Not only will it ban guns with even one (1) military characteristic (her term), but bars workarounds, and reduces the prohibited characteristics from two (2) to one (1). It will also ban semiautomatic rifiles, shotguns, and handguns with "detachable magazines and one military characteritics."

(As an aside, many semi-auto handguns are based on presently used sidearms, such as the M1911 or the Walther PPK & P38).

www.feinstein.senate.gov

www.naturalnews.com

--hide--

They are also going after the first amendment as well..

Connecticut Police Spokesman Newtown Will ProsecuteIndependant Journalist Whistleblowers ?

www.youtube.com

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: They are also going after the first amendment as well.. Connecticut Police Sp...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

Connecticut Police Spokesman Newtown Will ProsecuteIndependant Journalist Whistleblowers ?

www.youtube.com

--hide--

What I heard him say is that any information that is posted in violation of state or federal law will be prosecuted.

Without knowing what specific acts they plan to investigate or what laws they are considering invoking, it's impossible to judge whether they are being reasonable or not.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: They are also going after the first amendment as well.. Con...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Do you have any other information concerning the comments of the Connecticut Police Spokesman, John?

- Elizabeth

Dec 29th 2012 new
My girlfriend and I were blessed in a special way yesterday. We visited the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC, and fortuitously were able to attend Mass in the Crypt Church. First let me say we took a tour of the building--what an amazing Basilca! But here is what was most amazing to me. We were specially blessed because Father Andrew Apostoli of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal said the mass. Father Apostoli opened by saying that they wanted to say a special Mass for our nation on this Feast of the Holy Innocents. In his sermon he started by saying how Christianity is under attack in our nation by attacks on the fronts of the protection of life, sanctity of marriage, and religious freedom. He spoke of how he had been offering prayers and saying masses for leadership that would help us, and that he was disappointed in the results. But then he said, then he realized that is was Our Lady, not a politician, who would bring victory. He pointed to the statue to his left of Our Lady of Fatima. He talked about Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, who is the Patroness of the United States, and spoke of Our Lady of Guadalupe too. He spoke of how he himself was ordained by Bishop Fulton Sheen, who he said was a prophet. He gave a couple examples of Bishop Sheen's prophecies. First he said Bishop Sheen on his TV show Life is Worth Living spoke out against the evils of communism, and warned the communist leaders, and specifically warned Stalin, "Mr. Stalin your day is coming soon." Five days later Stalin had a massive stroke, and four days after that he died. Another prophecy of Bishop Sheen's that Father Appstoli spoke of was that Bishop Sheen warned that with acceptance of contraception, abortion, euthanasia, and violence would follow. People at the time said "Not in America. That won't happen here." Father Apostoli spoke of the violence in Newtown, CT. Then Father Apostoli told another warning of Bishop Sheen's, which he prefaced would disturb us. He said that Bishop Sheen said that abortion leads to nuclear war. (I had heard that Blessed Mother Teresa had also said, when asked what the fruit of abortion is, replied nuclear war.) So what was the remedy to this? Again he said we must turn to Our Lady. The violence we see has followed from the lack of respect for life which flows from contraception, abortion, and attacks on marriage. More guns or less guns won't change it, because the violence will come in escalated forms if we don't heed the words of Our Lady. It begins with working on our own hearts (yours and mine, not just the other guy's), to make a purer place within them for God to dwell. Our Lady of America, pray for us. Our Lady is where we should place our efforts, to show us the true Peace that is her Son Jesus Christ, Our one and only Savior.
Posts 161 - 170 of 200