Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Then I say: DEPUTIZE US! So what are some real answers? For one thing, let's...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Then I say: DEPUTIZE US!

So what are some real answers? For one thing, let's look more closely at what happened in CT; where the Sandy Hook school went on lock-down and the kids did as they were trained to do. Did the trainging work, and save lives? No, they did not.

What happened when the school locked down? The teachers and kids got locked in with their assassin, and he could apparently take his time. If anything, Sandy Hook, like Aurora Colorado demonstrated the failure of gun restrictions and "gun free" zones; December the 13th may go down as CT State Failure Day.

So maybe instead of banning the guns, deputize the teachers and allow them to be armed so they can protect against killers with deadly force. They also need to re-assess what they are drilling kids to do since hiding them in a "safe room" to cower didn't work.

--hide--
Steven, I agree with you that "gun free zones" are little more than feel-good PC hype. In another thread I advocated that a police officer, or at least an armed security guard be stationed at EVERY school - this is common in many high schools but not in elementary schools.

That said, I think people need to understand what a "lock down" is. When the lock down alarm sounds (a unique sound, unlike a fire drill) the classroom doors and windows are locked, window shades are drawn, lights are turned off. Everyone moves as far away as possible from the windows and doors and huddles down against the wall which has the most obstacles around - teachers desk, file cabinets etc.... Understand, that by no means is a "safe room" created here! It's purpose is to physically hide and visually camoflage persons, and to slow down the attackers progress until police arrive. My understanding in this incident is that the killer immediately targeted a two classroom area before any lockdown took place. But then, the our irresponsible media seems to have scewed up every detail about this tragedy since minute one!!

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: After since the shooting in Connecticut, how should the gun laws be enforced? I say like in schools, all o...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: After since the shooting in Connecticut, how should the gun laws be enforced? I say like in schools, all of them need to have metal detectors.
--hide--
I believe our main focus should be the security of our schools. There are technologies out there that don't cost a fortune- steel mesh within bulletproof glass, so no one can shoot their way into a building for example. All schools should be required to have an armed, well trained security officer on duty. Mental illness must be seriously addressed- I'll leave that up to the experts. The President had directed Biden to chair a panel on what to do about the availability of certain types of weapons. We'll see what happens when the dust settles.

12/20/2012 new

This topic is called "Gun Control Laws".

How is that different than:

Center for Disease Control

no Free-speech zone

slavery-zone

Department of Religion Control

Department of Human Rights Control

No lawyer zone...in court houses

Department of Liberty Control

Center for Thought Control

Control indicates an intelligence and purpose against the natural order and the self-authoirty to maintain the control. A thought.

12/20/2012 new

Wow, we just need more "Self Control" Praying

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Good acting!!!
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Good acting!!!

--hide--
And here's one from me: "Is it the spoon which make me fat?"

12/20/2012 new

laughing laughing Just read your post Jerry. We hit it the same time. No, they say it's pictures that make us look 10 pounds heavier wink

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: Just read your post Jerry. We hit it the same time. No, they say it's pictures that make us l...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

Just read your post Jerry. We hit it the same time. No, they say it's pictures that make us look 10 pounds heavier

--hide--

That's why I pose for pictures in front of wide doors! wink

theheart

12/20/2012 new

laughing laughing Thanks for the advice Victor. When I think I need a new pic, I will keep that in mind! OK, back to are regularly scheduled program Praying

I just hope this all meltsdown for our Nation. I have had a call from my daughter's middle school principal and my daughter's high school, and all parents call of course. Unfortunately, they are having threats at this time. I am sure if it is happening here in MN, it is happening all across the nation. My middle-school told me yesterday when they practice the lock-down, they lock themselves in the classroom and have to put a note under the door that says "We are OK". She said mom, that's dumb. It's like she said here we are sad "In God We Trust" Praying

I hate to say it but the only gun control we need is to arm the principals and some other staff members. Train them in firearms, and have them conceal and carry. It is getting nuts out there and we have to take these kind of precautions. We also don't need to advertise that this is a gun-free zone building, because that is what the mentals are looking for. It provides a false sense of security!

12/20/2012 new

People who want to take other people's lives will always find a way to do it. If we want peace as a society, then wa to acheive that is through Christ Jesus, not more laws and regulations.

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: And here's one from me: "Is it the spoon which make me fat?"
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

And here's one from me: "Is it the spoon which make me fat?"

--hide--
Just the plastic ones if you eat too many of them.... rolling eyes

Posts 51 - 60 of 200