Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Need iphone 4 help!

Dec 17th 2012 new

Here's the story...

My SIL gave me her old iphone 4 to replace my 3g. I got the phone wiped clean and the service switched at the ATT store just fine. However, my computer (Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7 with all updates) does not even recognize when the phone is plugged into it (the phone will charge through the computer, though). It recognizes the 3g one just fine. As a result iTunes doesn't recognize the phone either.

The phone I was given is sore in need of an update. The iOS on it is 4.3.5. The phone is not prompting for an update, though, and the version it's on doesn't have the "software update" option under the general settings.

So...

How can I get my computer to even recognize the phone?

and

How can I get iTunes to recognize the phone?

and

How can I force an update to it?

Dec 17th 2012 new

Have you updated iTunes? You may also need a firmware update.

Dec 17th 2012 new

iTunes is current. I did it late last week.

What's a firmware update?

Dec 18th 2012 new
While we're asking Apple tech questions .... For the last couple of months, iTunes on my PC has not picked up the presence of my iPad over Wi-fi, for the purpose of syncing. It appears to do backups to iCloud just fine, though, and I can sync when the iPad is plugged in to the USB port. The Wi-fi works otherwise (I was just able to use an app on my Samsung Blu-ray player this evening, which won't work without wifi.) So why is iTunes not recognizing the iPad over wifi?
Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: While we're asking Apple tech questions .... For the last couple of months, iTunes on my PC has not p...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: While we're asking Apple tech questions .... For the last couple of months, iTunes on my PC has not picked up the presence of my iPad over Wi-fi, for the purpose of syncing. It appears to do backups to iCloud just fine, though, and I can sync when the iPad is plugged in to the USB port. The Wi-fi works otherwise (I was just able to use an app on my Samsung Blu-ray player this evening, which won't work without wifi.) So why is iTunes not recognizing the iPad over wifi?
--hide--

Look in the Summary Pane in iTunes and make sure the WiFi sync is still turned on.

theheart

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Edward-4511 said: While we're asking Apple tech questions .... For t...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Edward-4511 said: While we're asking Apple tech questions .... For the last couple of months, iTunes on my PC has not picked up the presence of my iPad over Wi-fi, for the purpose of syncing. It appears to do backups to iCloud just fine, though, and I can sync when the iPad is plugged in to the USB port. The Wi-fi works otherwise (I was just able to use an app on my Samsung Blu-ray player this evening, which won't work without wifi.) So why is iTunes not recognizing the iPad over wifi?

Look in the Summary Pane in iTunes and make sure the WiFi sync is still turned on.

--hide--

Do it with the iPad connected to your PC.

theheart

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Do it with the iPad connected to your PC.

Do it with the iPad connected to your PC.

--hide--

Sync over Wi-fi is checked.

The Wi-fi on the iPad works otherwise .... shows my local network when I am at home, and I was able to log on to a wi-fi at a restaurant earlier this evening.

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Sync over Wi-fi is checked. The Wi-fi on the iPad works otherwise .... sho...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Sync over Wi-fi is checked.

The Wi-fi on the iPad works otherwise .... shows my local network when I am at home, and I was able to log on to a wi-fi at a restaurant earlier this evening.

--hide--

Any issues with Bonjour?

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Any issues with Bonjour?

Any issues with Bonjour?

--hide--

What is Bonjour?

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: What is Bonjour?
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

What is Bonjour?

--hide--

It's network discovery software that some people use. It isn't necessary to have though.

Posts 1 - 10 of 17