Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Silly question about profiles

Dec 17th 2012 new

So my sister and I were talking about those lovely emails that tell you. "Johnny has viewed your profile!!!!" I say if there is no follow up with a message/emotiongram etc., then it is another rejection. She says that he wants you to view his profile and respond. What do you think????

Dec 17th 2012 new

Your sister would be correct... about 10% of the time.

Women will "drop the hanky" far more often than men will... assuming that men do it at all.

If a man is interested he will at least send an emote or message.

theheart

Dec 17th 2012 new

I think my response would have to be, "Who cares!?" If, after viewing my profile, he's not interested enough to start communication, I'm not going to bother. Don't be shy, gentlemen! Step up to the plate!

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: Don't be shy, gentlemen! Step up to the plate!
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: Don't be shy, gentlemen! Step up to the plate!
--hide--

Then don't throw the brushback, Madamoiselle. wink

Dec 17th 2012 new

I have come to the conclusion that some people just enjoy window shopping! laughing laughing laughing

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Joseph-924851 said: Then don't throw the brushback, Madamoiselle.
(Quote) Joseph-924851 said:

Then don't throw the brushback, Madamoiselle.

--hide--

Oh, come on! I had to google "brushback," btw laughing

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Molly-236515 said: So my sister and I were talking about those lovely emails that tell you. "Johnny has viewed ...
(Quote) Molly-236515 said:

So my sister and I were talking about those lovely emails that tell you. "Johnny has viewed your profile!!!!" I say if there is no follow up with a message/emotiongram etc., then it is another rejection. She says that he wants you to view his profile and respond. What do you think????

--hide--

Can't hurt. You paid to join a singles site. Make the most of it. That's what happened with a couple I know who are now engaged. He looked at her but thought she wouldn't want anything to do with him. She sent a message. They met. The rest is history.

Dec 18th 2012 new

If you have a profile picture it means that as he was cruising, searching or reading the forums, your picture, or your post plus your picture intrigued him enough for him to look at your profile. why it intrigued him, I don't know, but probably intrigued in a good way most likely....

The fact that he didn't write means only two things: 1) he didn't like what he saw upon closer inspection, for what he is looking for, or 2) he liked what he saw but for some reason (no time, shy, scared, has someone even more to his liking on the line) he has not written, yet....

So that is what it means! Either way, he didn't want to contact you/me, so I say, move on and not worry about it. If he wants to contact you in the future, he is a big boy and knows how to do it! hug

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Can't hurt. You paid to join a singles site. Make the most of it. That's wha...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Can't hurt. You paid to join a singles site. Make the most of it. That's what happened with a couple I know who are now engaged. He looked at her but thought she wouldn't want anything to do with him. She sent a message. They met. The rest is history.

--hide--

That's great that that worked out for them! I messaged a guy who viewed me without saying a word, and we talked/skyped a lot for about 6 weeks. Then he dropped off the face of the earth. Didn't work out so well for me!

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: That's great that that worked out for them! I messaged a guy who viewed me witho...
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said:

That's great that that worked out for them! I messaged a guy who viewed me without saying a word, and we talked/skyped a lot for about 6 weeks. Then he dropped off the face of the earth. Didn't work out so well for me!

--hide--

Don't be so sure about that. It could have been the best thing that could have happened for you. Who knows what the future held with him, or what your time with him would have prevented a different potential future.

You just never know. biggrin

theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 69