Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 20th 2012 new

Here's how I see it: We are many in this Catholic Match sea, with many preferences, personalities, geographic locations, hang ups, exercise types, food preferences, education and work backgrounds. Hopefully we are not scammers and are all single and available to marry under the Catholic church. The purpose of Catholic Match is to offer us a place where we can be ourselves in a safe environment, let others know who we really are and decide if they want to contact us or not. We are adults and need to work to be informed and take care of ourselves, even on CM. Every person is different. To group men/women into broad cattegories is naive. We are all individuals. I'll meet the right man for me more than halfway.

Dec 20th 2012 new

"So my sister and I were talking about those lovely emails that tell you. "Johnny has viewed your profile!!!!" I say if there is no follow up with a message/emotiongram etc., then it is another rejection. She says that he wants you to view his profile and respond. What do you think????"

Molly ~

Good question. I disagree with it being a rejection. More like, the woman views the guy's profile and is just seeing what's out there. I have had some good exchanges with women on here who viewed me and, months later, we communicated.

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Jennifer-803334 said: Donna, thank you so much for this inspiration. You've motivated me to "move ...
(Quote) Jennifer-803334 said:

Donna, thank you so much for this inspiration. You've motivated me to "move my feet" and have courage knowing God is guiding my footsteps.

--hide--

Your welcome Jennifer. Welcome to the fora, post often, you will meet a great group of friends. Merry Christmas!santahat

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Molly-236515 said: So my sister and I were talking about those lovely emails that tell you. "Johnny has viewed ...
(Quote) Molly-236515 said:

So my sister and I were talking about those lovely emails that tell you. "Johnny has viewed your profile!!!!" I say if there is no follow up with a message/emotiongram etc., then it is another rejection. She says that he wants you to view his profile and respond. What do you think????

--hide--

Hi Molly,

Men tend to be more direct communicators. If I view a profile, I view it. If I'm interested I'd send a message. I wouldn't take a view of my profile as a rejection however. I'm flattered that someone viewed me and I leave it at that. I have occasionally sent a message to someone who has viewed my profile. Beyond that, the ball is in their court.

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:........... but .... but .... but I'm told that men don't take hints too well ...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

........... but .... but .... but I'm told that men don't take hints too well

--hide--
Well, MaryAlice -- the obvious solution is to take those fluffy snowballs, pack them hard and make sure you hit your target. That should wake up the guys who are asleep at the switch.

gangster duck

Dec 20th 2012 new

clap clap clap Bow

(Quote) Pat-5351 said:No one is willing to step up and actually DO anything. Send of sermon.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:No one is willing to step up and actually DO anything. Send of sermon.
--hide--

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Hi Sir Ray!I've always kind of considered my browsing a man, more than once, was ...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Hi Sir Ray!

I've always kind of considered my browsing a man, more than once, was a sign that I was interested in him and would like to hear from him. And many times, I've had to drop more than my hanky by sending an emotigram with the same sentiment ... that I would enjoy hearing back from him. They either ignore it (by not responding), or send back a thank you with some reason why they're not interested. I give them credit for responding.

Hope you're having a very fruitful and holy Advent season!

--hide--

You should be receiving responses. Hopefully, you'll be getting more positive ones so you and a deserving man can discover each other. You need not settle for anything less. hug

A blessed Advent season to you, also, MaryAlice... theheart

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: Ray, I think my viewing men's profiles in Searches and from Threads is my way of giving g...
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said:

Ray, I think my viewing men's profiles in Searches and from Threads is my way of giving gents a nudge.
--hide--
It certainly is a nudge, Kathleen -- and it should prompt some reaction on the other end. Too bad you can't send a loud noise with your view to wake up the sleepyheads out there.

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:........... but .... but .... but I'm told...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

........... but .... but .... but I'm told that men don't take hints too well

Well, MaryAlice -- the obvious solution is to take those fluffy snowballs, pack them hard and make sure you hit your target. That should wake up the guys who are asleep at the switch.

--hide--

Okay, Ray, I'll take your advice and see what happens ................... I'll let you know! santahat

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Hi Sir Ray!I've always kind of con...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Hi Sir Ray!

I've always kind of considered my browsing a man, more than once, was a sign that I was interested in him and would like to hear from him. And many times, I've had to drop more than my hanky by sending an emotigram with the same sentiment ... that I would enjoy hearing back from him. They either ignore it (by not responding), or send back a thank you with some reason why they're not interested. I give them credit for responding.

Hope you're having a very fruitful and holy Advent season!

You should be receiving responses. Hopefully, you'll be getting more positive ones so you and a deserving man can discover each other. You need not settle for anything less.

A blessed Advent season to you, also, MaryAlice...

--hide--

Thank you, Ray .... the same to you! You get a Gold Star!

Posts 51 - 60 of 69