Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Nancy-632072 said: I still have my big bar hair from the '80'...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Nancy-632072 said:

I still have my big bar hair from the '80's

I don't have my hair from the 80's......

(Well, not as much of it, anway....)

--hide--

Ray,

Thus far, I still have all my hair. It's the other stuff I occasionally have to use WD-40.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Ray,Thus far, I still have all my hair. It's the other stuff I occasionally ha...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Ray,

Thus far, I still have all my hair. It's the other stuff I occasionally have to use WD-40.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
You're fortunate, Leon. When you start needing duct tape, then you know you have some real problems...... laughing

Blessings to you, too.....

Dec 18th 2012 new
In the end, fix it the way you like it. We all have personal preferences, but YOU have to live with it and look at it daily. If you like it long maybe ask about different ways to put it up for times its in the way.
Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: My daughter, 18, says that if I cut my hair, I'll look like a grandmother, that only old women...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

My daughter, 18, says that if I cut my hair, I'll look like a grandmother, that only old women wear their hair short... My hair ir unruly like me: very straight in the front, wavy in the back.

I let it grow and, as soon as I can get 10" chopped off without looking like a schoolboy (been there, done that, embarrassed my kids), I donate it to the Foundation of Children with Lukemia. That keeps the Bad Hair Days in perspective.

Mari

--hide--
Geesh, Mari, I have short hair, and I assure you I don't look like a grandmother, consider myself an old lady, or look like a schoolboy. rolling eyes

Nope!!! Can't say as I've ever been told I look like a boy. wink

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Geesh, Mari, I have short hair, and I assure you I don't look like a grandmother, consider my...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Geesh, Mari, I have short hair, and I assure you I don't look like a grandmother, consider myself an old lady, or look like a schoolboy.

Nope!!! Can't say as I've ever been told I look like a boy.

--hide--

You look very far from masculine! You have a beautiful, open smile and look very happy and young too!

Dec 18th 2012 new

Ok -- I added a few pics of me in the last 3 years with my hair at different lengths -- none w/ me 'fancied up with a makeover' since I don't do much make-up and these were all impromptu -- no one takes pics of me w/ all these beautiful kids of mine around! Thoughts now?

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Geesh, Mari, I have short hair, and I assure you I don't look like a grandmother, consider my...

Geesh, Mari, I have short hair, and I assure you I don't look like a grandmother, consider myself an old lady, or look like a schoolboy.

--hide--

That's my kids take on short hair... Whatdayaknow! rolling eyes I can't figure it out...

First time I donated, I had about 2" length. The kids asked me NOT to get off the car when dropping them at school! I don't care if I embarass them. They don't want me to say the now words, or dance the Gangnam or whatever is dated in this century! I told them that they will always know I'm their mom (not the fun aunt or stepmom or grandma) because I embarass them! I think they got it. My dear daughter gave me a small cushion that says: I smile 'cause you're my mother, and I laugh 'cause there's nothing you can do about it! laughing

On the grandmother thing, I so hope to become one in a couple of years! It's such a compliment, really. In the scale of relatives, I think those are the greatest! And, no, you don't look like a grandmother in the boring sense... you have a very flattering hair style and color. hug

Mari

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Ok -- I added a few pics of me in the last 3 years with my hair at different lengths -- none w/ ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Ok -- I added a few pics of me in the last 3 years with my hair at different lengths -- none w/ me 'fancied up with a makeover' since I don't do much make-up and these were all impromptu -- no one takes pics of me w/ all these beautiful kids of mine around! Thoughts now?

--hide--

WOO-HOO!! wink

theheart

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: Geesh, Mari, I have short hair, and I assure you...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

That's my kids take on short hair... Whatdayaknow! I can't figure it out...

First time I donated, I had about 2" length. The kids asked me NOT to get off the car when dropping them at school! I don't care if I embarass them. They don't want me to say the now words, or dance the Gangnam or whatever is dated in this century! I told them that they will always know I'm their mom (not the fun aunt or stepmom or grandma) because I embarass them! I think they got it. My dear daughter gave me a small cushion that says: I smile 'cause you're my mother, and I laugh 'cause there's nothing you can do about it!

On the grandmother thing, I so hope to become one in a couple of years! It's such a compliment, really. In the scale of relatives, I think those are the greatest! And, no, you don't look like a grandmother in the boring sense... you have a very flattering hair style and color.

Mari

--hide--
Mari, I'm so glad I don't look li9ke a grandmother "In the boring sense". Just a grandmother, eh?? BTW, I've never colored my hair. All naturalll!!! Not bad for an " non-boring grandmother"....

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Mari, I'm so glad I don't look li9ke a grandmother "In the boring sense". Just ...

Mari, I'm so glad I don't look li9ke a grandmother "In the boring sense". Just a grandmother, eh?? BTW, I've never colored my hair. All naturalll!!! Not bad for an " non-boring grandmother"....

--hide--

Should we start a grandma thread, Linda??? wink

I'm sorry today's my last day. I'm having so much fun, I'm sure someone's going to come up and tell me it's a SIN!

I think hair is hair is hair... I'm glad I have some. I cannot donate blood, so I donate hair. I have some grey, and would not allow anyone to pull them. I love them, just as I love the wrinkles in my face, hands, and the baby belly from my many, multiple pregnancies.

hug Mari

Posts 11 - 20 of 84