Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 18th 2012 new

I say, if you are still looking for man, keep your hair reasonably long (collarbone) IF you can pull it off still, because on average, men like longer hair, and all that "short hair is for grandmas" alas, is more or less true. Some women can rock the short hair, but it is usually only appreciated on her by other women, not by men.

I cut off all my hair a few years ago, and it was not only traumatic to me, but also to my ex, who is now my ex, so I would not recommend it.

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I say, if you are still looking for man, keep your hair reasonably long (collarbone) IF you can pull ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I say, if you are still looking for man, keep your hair reasonably long (collarbone) IF you can pull it off still, because on average, men like longer hair, and all that "short hair is for grandmas" alas, is more or less true. Some women can rock the short hair, but it is usually only appreciated on her by other women, not by men.

I cut off all my hair a few years ago, and it was not only traumatic to me, but also to my ex, who is now my ex, so I would not recommend it.

--hide--

A few years ago, wqhen I found out about all the cheating on me my then-husband did all throughout our marriage, and his attraction to very young girls, he told me if I cut my hair short he would divorce me -- so I did. Unfortunately it didn't work and it took me catching him in the act again and tossing him out to get the divorce rolling. So, yeah, I can see how many guys go for long hair, but I don't want the length of my hair to be the make it or break it deciding factor. So, back to asking what ideas for me you can give, looking at my pics.

Dec 18th 2012 new

Mari,

My hair is short, snow white in front, and I'm not going to color it like 99.9% of women my age do. I'm a Grandmother and I love being one (ages 7 to 20). My hair style is not one that is the typical "Grandmother" cut, it's a bit on the edgy side and up to date, a little like me. My grandchildren keep me that way, young at heart and ready for whatever they want to talk about and believe me they do.

wave

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Mari,My hair is short, snow white in front, and I'm not going to color it like 99.9%...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Mari,

My hair is short, snow white in front, and I'm not going to color it like 99.9% of women my age do. I'm a Grandmother and I love being one (ages 7 to 20). My hair style is not one that is the typical "Grandmother" cut, it's a bit on the edgy side and up to date, a little like me. My grandchildren keep me that way, young at heart and ready for whatever they want to talk about and believe me they do.

--hide--

Yes, someone should definitely start a Grandma Thread!

I most likely will not be able to have more children of my own, so I'm loking forward to it!

To keep this on the Hair Thing, I'll have to do my own survey here to find out why women cut their hair and sport similar styles. It might be that grandmas here in Panama just give up on the humidity & heat alllllll year long and invest their time on helping raise the grandkids. Fortunately, we live in a very, very small country where families still ive within driving distance.

I find that all pics of women that I have encountered here, be it with long or short hair, are very good. We do put our best foot forward. Mostly, I find that the women wear friendly smiles, which invite others to get to know them - for different reasons depending on gender, of course.

I find that, when I had super short hair, my eyes stood out. When I have longer hair, I have a more serene look. I'd say: try wigs of different styles & colors, and see what happens. Have fun with hair. It's like the frame of a picture: it can totally enhance it.

May God bless you all this Season, Eloise (or Heloise as in the French love lettters lovestruck!),

Mari

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: A few years ago, wqhen I found out about all the cheating on me my then-husband did...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

A few years ago, wqhen I found out about all the cheating on me my then-husband did all throughout our marriage, and his attraction to very young girls, he told me if I cut my hair short he would divorce me -- so I did. Unfortunately it didn't work and it took me catching him in the act again and tossing him out to get the divorce rolling. So, yeah, I can see how many guys go for long hair, but I don't want the length of my hair to be the make it or break it deciding factor. So, back to asking what ideas for me you can give, looking at my pics.

--hide--

Dear Rachel:

I think you are in the right palce, where men are not going to judge whether to approcah you or not based on your hair. Nor willthey do like your ex and try to find an excuse (not a reason) to mistreat you. . Like I wrote somewhere, there are more than Three Wise Men in CM!

It is wonderful that you put yourself out for others to offer healthy opinions. You are a beautiful woman. With a smile like yours, the hair is just icing on the cake!

hug Mari

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Ok -- I added a few pics of me in the last 3 years with my hair at different lengths -- Thoughts...

Ok -- I added a few pics of me in the last 3 years with my hair at different lengths -- Thoughts now?

--hide--
While it looks like you can go either way, I will weigh in with the "average guy" and say that the longer styles look better on you. But,as others have said, you have a lot more going for you than just the hair. I wish you lots of luck finding what you are looking for, and I think you will accomplish that no matter what the hair looks like.

Dec 18th 2012 new

I would grow out the bangs, get something that is long chin length (long bob), and with a fringe type bang, off to one side, side part, and a cut that is layered that goes with your waves.

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Should we start a grandma thread, Linda??? I'm sorry today's my last d...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Should we start a grandma thread, Linda???

I'm sorry today's my last day. I'm having so much fun, I'm sure someone's going to come up and tell me it's a SIN!

I think hair is hair is hair... I'm glad I have some. I cannot donate blood, so I donate hair. I have some grey, and would not allow anyone to pull them. I love them, just as I love the wrinkles in my face, hands, and the baby belly from my many, multiple pregnancies.

Mari

--hide--

Mari, you don't have anything to apologize for! You only stated what your daughter said about YOU having short hair hug

Cat

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: A few years ago, wqhen I found out about all the cheating on me my then-husband did...

--hide--

You have gorgeous eyes! And according to your pictures, you can pull off shorter hair very well. I would either promote the curl/wave that you already have with layers and curl enhancer, or try to go sleek with something like Biosilk and a straightener.

Cat

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Mari, you don't have anything to apologize for! You only stated what your daughter said...
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Mari, you don't have anything to apologize for! You only stated what your daughter said about YOU having short hair

Cat

--hide--

hug Thanks, Cat.

Posts 21 - 30 of 84