Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 21st 2012 new

um, what's a 'hairmaker'??

Dec 21st 2012 new

Rachel, You have such a lovely, open personality and are your beauty shows through no matter what kind of hairstyle you have. You're also doing a great job of getting people to look at your profile. Congratulations!

I am loving this thread because men and women are both commenting. Every single comment has been constructive. We all have your best interests at heart. Wow!

Today I spent about three hours getting my hair done. It is the style that is in my profile picture. I am 80% gray and went blonde for the first time in my life less than 2 years ago at my hairdresser's recommendation. (Blonde hair does sa btter job of hiding the gray.) I have what is called cap highlights. Strands of hair are pulled out of a cap this is placed over my head, then those strands are dyed blonde. The brown part of my hair at the nape of my neck is kept brown. I get my hair done at a hairdresser's academy and pay a yearly $25 membership fee, then I was charged only $31 today (before the tip) for the color and haircut. So I get a great hairstyle at a reasonable cost (I've been told it would ordinarily cost $140), and I get to help train hairdressers. The only downside is the amount of time that it takes. I only get my hair colored 4 times/yr because this style wears very well. My hair has been short much of my life; it just suits my personality and having long hair in my face irritates me.

So Rachel, my suggestion is to consider a hair academy; it can be very cost effective, it's great fun and a neat way to learn abt fashion. Hope I didn't bore you men. But it is my impression that single guys miss this type of feminine talk. I've noticed too that men like to watch a woman putting on makeup, lipstick or combing her hair, just as I like watching certain manly things.

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Rachel, You have such a lovely, open personality and are your beauty shows through no matter what...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Rachel, You have such a lovely, open personality and are your beauty shows through no matter what kind of hairstyle you have. You're also doing a great job of getting people to look at your profile. Congratulations!

I am loving this thread because men and women are both commenting. Every single comment has been constructive. We all have your best interests at heart. Wow!

Today I spent about three hours getting my hair done. It is the style that is in my profile picture. I am 80% gray and went blonde for the first time in my life less than 2 years ago at my hairdresser's recommendation. (Blonde hair does sa btter job of hiding the gray.) I have what is called cap highlights. Strands of hair are pulled out of a cap this is placed over my head, then those strands are dyed blonde. The brown part of my hair at the nape of my neck is kept brown. I get my hair done at a hairdresser's academy and pay a yearly $25 membership fee, then I was charged only $31 today (before the tip) for the color and haircut. So I get a great hairstyle at a reasonable cost (I've been told it would ordinarily cost $140), and I get to help train hairdressers. The only downside is the amount of time that it takes. I only get my hair colored 4 times/yr because this style wears very well. My hair has been short much of my life; it just suits my personality and having long hair in my face irritates me.

So Rachel, my suggestion is to consider a hair academy; it can be very cost effective, it's great fun and a neat way to learn abt fashion. Hope I didn't bore you men. But it is my impression that single guys miss this type of feminine talk. I've noticed too that men like to watch a woman putting on makeup, lipstick or combing her hair, just as I like watching certain manly things.

--hide--

So cool do you think the hairdresser's academy could do anything with my grayness??? scratchchin

Dec 21st 2012 new

Hi all!

I know I am intruding... I should be at the kids' table and not the grown up's! laughing

BUT!!!! I am so interested in this topic! Most of my life I have had long curly hair. I stood in front of a mirror not quite a year ago and chopped it all off! I was just ready for a change! I was shock by the comments. Every woman LOVED the new cut and my brothers and men I know who I NEVER thought even noticed I had hair on my head seemed to bemoan the fact I cut off all my beautiful curls! It was SUCH a strange yet interesting experience! Now I am growing it back out, and I kid you not, my mother or one of the ladies at work ask when I am getting another hair cut almost every week. My brothers, on the other hand, say "Thank God you're growing back out!" So funny! Personally, I;ve enjoyed the spunky, funky short curly hair but I miss the feel of the length.

This has been a fun thread! Back to the kids' table I go! laughing laughing laughing

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: So do you think the hairdresser's academy could do anything with my grayness??? ...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

So do you think the hairdresser's academy could do anything with my grayness???

--hide--
Michael, your gray hair is gorgeous. But I would recommend a pedicure (just kidding.) Yes, I think it would be ggreat fun for you to get fussed over by a young hairdresser.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20'...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20's and then it became progressively curlier. I used to always have it short -- I was always in the pool swimming laps or on the road running and training so it was easier. Now it's getting long and so curly! I don't know what to do with it. I want to not spend a long time fixing it each day but I want to look nice. Many people say once you are 40 you have to go short. I like it long but must pull it up and restrain it for work, which on some days it difficult -- it has a mind of it's own and likes to be free and 'wild' sometimes. What do you think about hair styles that are attractive on the over 40 woman? Anyone what to (gently) give me suggestions? I guess you have to creep on my profile to see me better, though. Who else has curly hair and what do you do? Thank you!!

--hide--

Disclaimer - I'm under 45.

But, I have a spur-of-the-moment hair appointment tomorrow morning, and I was just venting to 2 guy friends. lol How they love me!

I'd say, long and straight is youthful. Bangs are Botox. :) A fresh haircut can do wonders!

Dec 22nd 2012 new

bangs are botox???

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: bangs are botox???
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

bangs are botox???

--hide--

Yep, they hide the forehead lines. Just like Botox is for that area and crow's feet. That's what hairstylists say. Bangs are Botox!

Dec 22nd 2012 new

eyepopping shocked That is so not true. I have always had bangs. I am one of those lucky gals with a high hairline thanks to my beautiful, ageless looking mother. Too much brains I guess. Besides they add style wink laughing

Dec 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: That is so not true. I have always had bangs. I am one of those lucky gals with a high hairline thanks to m...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

That is so not true. I have always had bangs. I am one of those lucky gals with a high hairline thanks to my beautiful, ageless looking mother. Too much brains I guess. Besides they add style

--hide--
I'm saying hairstylists say that. Yes, it's true mine say that. Lol what are you saying isn't true? Lol
Posts 51 - 60 of 84