Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 22nd 2012 new

No, bangs frame certain people very well and some people like myself would look really really bad with no bangs laughing laughing No harm biggrin I don't think Botox and bangs are the same wink

Dec 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: No, bangs frame certain people very well and some people like myself would look really really bad with no bangs...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

No, bangs frame certain people very well and some people like myself would look really really bad with no bangs No harm I don't think Botox and bangs are the same

--hide--
Lol! It's an expression my hairstylists use! I'm not insinuating that women who have bangs need Botox. Lol just a harmless comment that I think is rather humorous :)
Dec 22nd 2012 new

OK -- looking at my pics w/ and w/o bangs -- what's a better way for me????

I'm just so ready for a good hair style that is still easy and low maintenence yet flattering and can be out of my way at times but free and loose other times!

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: So do you think the hairdresser's academy could do anything with my grayness??? ...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

So do you think the hairdresser's academy could do anything with my grayness???

--hide--

Michael, In my book there is nothing like a man with a full head of gray/white hair. They look so distinguished.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-924110 said: Michael, In my book there is nothing like a man with a full head of gray/white hair. ...
(Quote) Mary-924110 said:

Michael, In my book there is nothing like a man with a full head of gray/white hair. They look so distinguished.

--hide--
Mary, Michael's hair is a lovely silver and gray. You are so right!

I used to have a guy friend who loved getting his hair because his hairdresser wld massae his scalp. It is an appropriate form of touch and one that we should remember. (This friend, coincidntally, get frequent haircuts and his hair looked very nice.)

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Hi Rachel,

I went to a stylist four years ago and told her what you said in your comments -looking for... and I told her that I had had no luck with anyone. So she just trimmed my hair for the first year. I wasn't ready to get brave and I didn't realize at the time but this gave her an opportunity to get to know me and how my hair "worked". The day I came in to get "the cut" I knew I wanted a short, professional cut that was easy to manage and gave her full rein. She knew who I was, kind of what I was about, and I had seen her work on others. I ended up with a cut I maintain with her now for the last three years. The day I walked out of there with the cut everyone - I mean EVERYONE inclduingthe priest LOVED it. EXCEPT my husband - soon to be ex. WHo byt he way has been having multiple affiars I am now learning and dragging me through the courts on false charges. Everything my soon to be ex is doing is on him, though. But he was the ONLY One who didn't like it. I don't know if this helped or not... but I could hear iny our post my words five, six, seven years ago. Go forward!! Merry Christmas, Margaret

Dec 23rd 2012 new
My usual response---it depends on the woman, or more to the point, it depends on the hair type and face shape.

I have noticed recently that long hair seems to be back in style, although usually I do see it on women much younger than myself. My hair has been shoulder length for so many years that when I became too busy to have it cut as usual, I just let it keep growing, so by now it could be considered long hair.

I had to chuckle when the author of the thread wrote that her hair has become more curly with age, as the same happened to me. One day a couple of years ago I walked into a new salon to inquire about their prices, and before I could ask for anything, the staff asked: "Brazilian straightener?" I probably said,

huh me? But for the past 15 years my hair that has always been straight, has become fluffy and wavy.

No it was not a gift from God, or the straight hair fell out, but per my haircutter, it is hormonal.

My theory regarding hair style for women is that if it is thick, even at ages over 45, it may look better longer vs. shorter, especially if she is taller vs. shorter. Thinner wavy hair can wear short styles better without looking boyish, and they also would be easier to keep styled. Shorter hair is usually for the more style-conscious, and long hair can look frumpy on some mature women.
Dec 24th 2012 new

You hair looks better with the way you feel comfortable with. I myself tried both i looked good in both but i preffered long layered hair it matches more my carachter and body type. This link may help www.lhj.com

There are also so many short and fashionable hair cuts where you don't really look like grandma. Even though most men like long hair, you always can look attractive to them no matter how long your hair is.

In your pics i liked more the long hair. You can keep your hair long or medium length and ask to have it layered around the face but be aware that short layers may show your face bigger so it is up to you how you want your face to look like, and what kind of imrpression about you you want to give. Hair cut can define your personality and it is only you who can decide about it. This link kind of explains what i meant. www.hairboutique.com

Also you can go to a store where they have short and long hair wigs and try them wink

Good luck! Therese!

Dec 24th 2012 new

I like long hair on women.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20'...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20's and then it became progressively curlier. I used to always have it short -- I was always in the pool swimming laps or on the road running and training so it was easier. Now it's getting long and so curly! I don't know what to do with it. I want to not spend a long time fixing it each day but I want to look nice. Many people say once you are 40 you have to go short. I like it long but must pull it up and restrain it for work, which on some days it difficult -- it has a mind of it's own and likes to be free and 'wild' sometimes. What do you think about hair styles that are attractive on the over 40 woman? Anyone what to (gently) give me suggestions? I guess you have to creep on my profile to see me better, though. Who else has curly hair and what do you do? Thank you!!

--hide--

I think you look better with long hair, curly hair is fine.

Posts 61 - 70 of 84