Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

12/25/2012 new

I've always had curly hair (well, since about the age of five.) I've worn it short and appreciate how easy it is to take care of. Hairdressers love it. They say it makes THEM look good. LOL

My husband told me at 40 I should cut it to look my age, so I did. But now at 53, it is down to my mid back and I love it because I don't feel my age! Wear what makes you feel good. Naturally curly hair is great because you can wash and go. I use a frizz control by Paul Michel's and will only finger comb it after it's dry. Right now to my daughter's horror, I'm trying to bring the banana clips of the 70's back into style! I'm a low maintenance gal and I hope I never again do something to look my age.

12/25/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: OK -- looking at my pics w/ and w/o bangs -- what's a better way for me???? I'...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

OK -- looking at my pics w/ and w/o bangs -- what's a better way for me????

I'm just so ready for a good hair style that is still easy and low maintenence yet flattering and can be out of my way at times but free and loose other times!

--hide--

Here's a good time waster: http://www.naturallycurly.com.

I haven't particpated there for quite some time but I did get great advice on how to handle my mostly-curly hair. Lots of styling ideas too.

About the bangs, I like having a "no bang" look but with long side-swept bangs that are quite a bit shorter than the rest of my hair. They are technically bangs but push to the side and had some shape to my hair.

12/25/2012 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: ...They are technically bangs but push to the side and had some shape to my ha...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

...They are technically bangs but push to the side and had some shape to my hair.

--hide--

correction: ...and ADD some shape to my hair. I'm really bad for typos - must pay better attention.

12/25/2012 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: Here's a good time waster: http://www.naturallycurly.com. I haven't...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

Here's a good time waster: http://www.naturallycurly.com.

I haven't particpated there for quite some time but I did get great advice on how to handle my mostly-curly hair. Lots of styling ideas too.

About the bangs, I like having a "no bang" look but with long side-swept bangs that are quite a bit shorter than the rest of my hair. They are technically bangs but push to the side and had some shape to my hair.

--hide--

I LOVE this website! One of my professors in college had beautiful curly hair. ( Mine was usually a frizz ball unless the weather was with me... or excessive amounts of product on me!) She told me to stop shampooing everyday and to only do so twice a week... to stop brushing, period... and to make conditioner my best friend! Following her advice, my curls came to life!!! I also like this book: www.amazon.com

12/26/2012 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Ok -- I added a few pics of me in the last 3 years with my hair at different lengths -- none w/ me 'fancie...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Ok -- I added a few pics of me in the last 3 years with my hair at different lengths -- none w/ me 'fancied up with a makeover' since I don't do much make-up and these were all impromptu -- no one takes pics of me w/ all these beautiful kids of mine around! Thoughts now?

--hide--

Rachael...you are beautiful in all three. I say wear it the way you like it best......and that means cut and color. Look out world....
12/26/2012 new

Rachel there is no law that says a person of a certain age should wear their hair a certain length. I'd consider your lifestyle, shape of your face and personal preference. I used to have butt long hair until 19, then I got it cut a la Farah Fawcet,. then grew it long and shortish in layers where i discovered I had curly hair. 2 years ago I went short for the first time in about 30 years, I loved it, I don't like high maintenance anything, so I washed and wear, my daily routine is spritz it, gel it, fluff it out, LOL....so....do what you prefer, don't ever let anyone tell you...'you are too old for _______' (except for certain fashions! LOL)

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: I LOVE this website! One of my professors in college had beautiful curly ha...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

I LOVE this website! One of my professors in college had beautiful curly hair. ( Mine was usually a frizz ball unless the weather was with me... or excessive amounts of product on me!) She told me to stop shampooing everyday and to only do so twice a week... to stop brushing, period... and to make conditioner my best friend! Following her advice, my curls came to life!!! I also like this book: www.amazon.com

--hide--

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: I LOVE this website! One of my professors in college had beautiful curly ha...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

--hide--

Nancy, I love your cut, can't wait to grow out my hair so I can get it back into a bob, loved it but can't have it during the winter, I hate my neck getting cold! LOL.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Nancy, I love your cut, can't wait to grow out my hair so I can get it back into a ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Nancy, I love your cut, can't wait to grow out my hair so I can get it back into a bob, loved it but can't have it during the winter, I hate my neck getting cold! LOL.

--hide--

Thank you! hug

12/27/2012 new

Personally, I keep my hair long. I never looked good in short hair.

Posts 71 - 80 of 84