Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

12/27/2012 new
Rachel-- as someone with naturally curly hair, the secret is in the cut. The length depends on your personal preference. Without a good cut by someone who can work with the curls it will be unmngeable no matter the length.(don't let my picture fool you, the straight bit takes time)
12/27/2012 new

Age has nothing to do with it, at least that is my opinion. As someone put it to me I like coloring outside of the lines. Embrace your own style, if you dont like your style nothing stands in your way of changing your style. I cannot help but notice that some people (women and men) just give up when they get into our age range. Just my opinion!

12/27/2012 new

When I go to a hair stylist I tell them basically what I want in length. And then I give them my criteria.... I won't comb or brush my hair, I won't blow dry it, I won't color it (I do wash it!).... after I leave the hair stylist it is without adult supervision, so it has to fall into place. I leave the stylist to do what they want. They know what is in style and how to combine it with what looks good on me. If it turns out horrendous, I wouldn't go back; this hasn't happened to me.

Good luck Rachel! princess

12/28/2012 new

Hi Rachel,

I looked at your pictures, too. Beautiful family!

To the question at hand, I'd say leave it long and curly. You can try a gel or mousse to keep it under control when you wear it down. Layers are good if they're done right; otherwise, your hair will "poof" out.

Find a hairdresser that has experience with curly hair, but don't choose a picture from the hairstyle books; most of those show permed hair, and let me tell you--it's not the same! ( I had curly hair most of my life . . . oh, the stories I could tell! :)

Best,

maricela

Posts 81 - 84 of 84