Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Marianne, I figured you had friends who were homosexuals.. I have a second cousi...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

Marianne, I figured you had friends who were homosexuals.. I have a second cousin who is an out of the closet lesbian. She was a tomboy when she was young. I'm not sure but my other cousin told me that she was molested. I don't know at what age, or, if that is true. But when she came out in the open her mother who was always joking and happy turned into the most miserable person on the earth.

Her father is a very liberal man. When I came to visit them her girlfriend came over. Her father ws crying in my prescence. For whatever reasons he allowed the two of them to sleep together under his roof. I guess he thought it was only fair since he allowed his sons to do the same thing a long as they got married.

I would not hesitate to tell her what she is doing is wrong, but I never had the chance. At my cousins wedding her girlfriend came up to me but I ignored her. I also spoke out against it to her brother, I told him not to support her in any way. It is a bit shameful for a family to admit that their child is wrong, so most families go along with it because they still love their child.

This is called misdirected love. It is misdirected because the love that they direct has no principle.

In the eyes of the church we have no choice but to speak against sin. Love the person but hate the sin is a better path, this is what I believed all along. Laws are now being passed to prevent anyone from trying to guide a homosexual person out of that lifestyle. So, when someone says that they should have rights.. we are supporting them instead of guiding them back to their destiny that God intended for them.

--hide--

John, I think there is a problem with people considering homosexuals as commiting sins. Many have no partner or no
sexual interaction. They just are gay. So they are shunned by society. As soon as it becomes known that men or
women have same-sex attraction, they are labelled.

I don't think that having that orientation is sinful, as far as I know.

All the men and women I know that are gay have
not been abused or molested. They had normal upbringings. The ones I grew up with, were gay from early teen years.

I also have noticed a strong genetic link within the family of those that are gay. I can trace other gays in their family.
A friend of mine had no gays in her family, and then I saw that her husband had a gay first cousin, and another
cousin of his had a gay daughter. I also have seen two siblings in a family being gay. This is in addition to all the
gays that I know from parties which friends of mine give. Most of them are guys though that I know.

That is interesting that your very "liberal uncle" was so upset by his gay daughter. One would think he would accept it
with open arms. Maybe his liberalness would only accept other people's children who are gay with open arms, not his own.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I haven't read through the entire conversation but as far as I know the Catecism is very clear about homosexuality. And you are correct....

It is not a sin to be homosexual. Homosexual acts are sinful.
Section 2357 of the Catecism says, "Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life."

I love what Section 2358 says....
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition. Homosexual persons are called to chastity.

If you've never read this its pretty cool. This is why I love the Catholic church--clarity. You can't mess with this!
Love, Lynette

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The thing that really aggravates me about gays, is the fact that they take themselves ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

The thing that really aggravates me about gays, is the fact that they take themselves so seriously. If a
heterosexual couple got engaged in the White House, there would be no big spectacle.

It gets old because they shove it in your face.

--hide--

The crazy thing is that the liberal Obama voters think that it is loving to encourage them.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: John, I think there is a problem with people considering homosexuals as commiting sins...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

John, I think there is a problem with people considering homosexuals as commiting sins. Many have no partner or no
sexual interaction. They just are gay. So they are shunned by society. As soon as it becomes known that men or
women have same-sex attraction, they are labelled.

I don't think that having that orientation is sinful, as far as I know.

All the men and women I know that are gay have
not been abused or molested. They had normal upbringings. The ones I grew up with, were gay from early teen years.

I also have noticed a strong genetic link within the family of those that are gay. I can trace other gays in their family.
A friend of mine had no gays in her family, and then I saw that her husband had a gay first cousin, and another
cousin of his had a gay daughter. I also have seen two siblings in a family being gay. This is in addition to all the
gays that I know from parties which friends of mine give. Most of them are guys though that I know.

That is interesting that your very "liberal uncle" was so upset by his gay daughter. One would think he would accept it
with open arms. Maybe his liberalness would only accept other people's children who are gay with open arms, not his own.

--hide--

Are you saying that your gay friends or homosexuals are not in sin because they are 'asexual' ? having no desire for sex? I think that the term homosexual means lusting for the same sex, which to the best of my knowledge is a sin.

I can understand your social position..And it seems like the people you are friendly with are confused and leaning towards the same sex because of pro 'gay' propoganda. But even if they are lusting for the same sex then they are in sin. If they are sitting on the fence not sure which side to take then maybe they need counseling.

I would say that, when confronting a child that has..shall we say, 'flipped' takes a great deal of confidence mixed with courage for that child to return to normal. I know I'm so right about this. Governor Brown of CA has proven me right with the banning of "reparative therapy" calling it "quackery".

The Governor says the child can make their own decision when they are eighteen, which gives the state (homosexual lobby) the opportunity to molest them during their most impressionable years of puberty. The passage of this bill also takes away parental rights. This alone might be the most probable reason why they want a gun ban.

www.cnn.com

I also want to point out that I am not a 'homophob' since I am not afraid to confront it. I still love my cousin very much, she really is a sweet girl and I have a great deal of affection for her, but I cannot accept her lifestyle. It's counterproductive to a family and propogation.. which is our main purpose.

As far as her father it's not that he's a selfish type of liberal who doesn't mind it happening to someone else's daughter. He, like his wife, love their daughter and are afraid of losing her, so they go along with the lie which is proven by the tears that ran down his cheek in my presecnce. What she really needed was professional counseling.

articles.cnn.com

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-929536 said: John, what you've written here is correct but to address this issue we need to be consistent in ou...
(Quote) Barbara-929536 said: John, what you've written here is correct but to address this issue we need to be consistent in our opposition to sin. Homosexuality is a sin committed by gay people, but what about sins committed by straight people: abortion, adultery and contraception. I think that although we know that these things are wrong, they have become so commonplace that we no longer speak out against them in our everyday lives with people that we know, so then, when we speak out against homosexuality it looks discriminatory. This thought has made me re-assess my own tolerance levels of sin. Hopefully, if I am known to abhor any sort of sin my view on homosexuality will simply be consistent with my life view.

Hope that makes sense.
Peace Barbara
--hide--

Barbara, Let's no confuse the issue. All sin is not only wrong but dangerous as well. I believe the biblical passage of "fire and brimstone" is not just in the afterlife but in this life as well and it is called war.

I also believe that when each and everyone of us sins then we are giving support to the dark or negative force which gives life to Satan who destroys us physically on this earth. When we are not in sin then we support and give life to the positive life force where we meet and bond with God in the spirit. This is the reason for repentance, which should never be spoken in vain.

Sins would be but no limited to..recklessness, cowardice, - hedonism, not enjoying life, - spendthrift, stinginess, -extravegance, miserliness, - vanity, low self esteem, - aggressive ambition, lack of ambition, - rage, lack of spirit, -boastfulness, false modesty, - clownishness, humorlessness, - self serving flattery, grouchiness, - excessive shame, shamelessness, - envy, malice and spite..

Betraying neighbors, drunkedness, etc..

There is now a great amount of talk of a coming civil war in the United States. The reason is sin. Many of us now have our eyes wide open.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

Lynette...You cited a wonderful source...our Catechism! When in doubt, turn to the Catechism. Thank you.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Are you saying that your gay friends or homosexuals are not in sin because they are 'asexual&#...

Are you saying that your gay friends or homosexuals are not in sin because they are 'asexual' ? having no desire for sex? I think that the term homosexual means lusting for the same sex, which to the best of my knowledge is a sin.

I can understand your social position..And it seems like the people you are friendly with are confused and leaning towards the same sex because of pro 'gay' propoganda. But even if they are lusting for the same sex then they are in sin. If they are sitting on the fence not sure which side to take then maybe they need counseling.

I would say that, when confronting a child that has..shall we say, 'flipped' takes a great deal of confidence mixed with courage for that child to return to normal. I know I'm so right about this. Governor Brown of CA has proven me right with the banning of "reparative therapy" calling it "quackery".

The Governor says the child can make their own decision when they are eighteen, which gives the state (homosexual lobby) the opportunity to molest them during their most impressionable years of puberty. The passage of this bill also takes away parental rights. This alone might be the most probable reason why they want a gun ban.

www.cnn.com

I also want to point out that I am not a 'homophob' since I am not afraid to confront it. I still love my cousin very much, she really is a sweet girl and I have a great deal of affection for her, but I cannot accept her lifestyle. It's counterproductive to a family and propogation.. which is our main purpose.

As far as her father it's not that he's a selfish type of liberal who doesn't mind it happening to someone else's daughter. He, like his wife, love their daughter and are afraid of losing her, so they go along with the lie which is proven by the tears that ran down his cheek in my presecnce. What she really needed was professional counseling.

articles.cnn.com

--hide--

The term refers to an attraction to someone of the same sex, and not a lust for. Sin would enter the picture with the lust, as it does for us heterosexuals. A homosexual is no more guilty of sin by his or her attraction to a member of the same sex than a heterosexual is guilty of sin by his or her attraction to a member of the opposite sex.

These are sensitive subjects, and I think it is incumbent on us to really be sure of the assertions we are making here. There are people on this site who are new to the Faith and who don't have a grasp of what the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches on quite a few different subjects. If we are not careful, we can do more harm than good by posting comments or ideas that are contrary to the Church's teaching on a particular subject. Someone less educated on the topic might be compelled to question their decision to become Catholic.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

Anyone from Illinois?

www.churchmilitant.tv

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: The term refers to an attraction to someone of the same sex, and not a
(Quote) William-607613 said:

The term refers to an attraction to someone of the same sex, and not a lust for. Sin would enter the picture with the lust, as it does for us heterosexuals. A homosexual is no more guilty of sin by his or her attraction to a member of the same sex than a heterosexual is guilty of sin by his or her attraction to a member of the opposite sex.

These are sensitive subjects, and I think it is incumbent on us to really be sure of the assertions we are making here. There are people on this site who are new to the Faith and who don't have a grasp of what the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches on quite a few different subjects. If we are not careful, we can do more harm than good by posting comments or ideas that are contrary to the Church's teaching on a particular subject. Someone less educated on the topic might be compelled to question their decision to become Catholic.

--hide--

Which term would that be? Asexual means lacking any desire for sex. Homosexual means men (or women) who engage in sexual acts with other men.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Which term would that be? Asexual means lacking any desire for sex. Homosexual means men (or women...

Which term would that be? Asexual means lacking any desire for sex. Homosexual means men (or women) who engage in sexual acts with other men.

--hide--

A homosexual is one who is attracted to a member of the same sex. Homosexual activity describes acts of a sexual nature between two members of the same sex.

Posts 131 - 140 of 145