Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Which term would that be? Asexual means lacking any desire for sex. Homosexual means men ...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

Which term would that be? Asexual means lacking any desire for sex. Homosexual means men (or women) who engage in sexual acts with other men.

--hide--

I don't think you got that right, John. "Homosexual" doesn't mean the sexual act. It is just a preference. And yet,
those on this website have condemned anyone who is attracted to the same sex. And that is what is so upsetting
about this thread.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I don't think you got that right, John. "Homosexual" doesn't mean th...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I don't think you got that right, John. "Homosexual" doesn't mean the sexual act. It is just a preference. And yet,
those on this website have condemned anyone who is attracted to the same sex. And that is what is so upsetting
about this thread.

--hide--

This is news to me. So, your 'homosexual' friends aren't sexually active. Would that be right?

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: This is news to me. So, your 'homosexual' friends aren't sexually active. Wou...

This is news to me. So, your 'homosexual' friends aren't sexually active. Would that be right?

--hide--

That is what I am saying, they are not sexually active. I only know a few who have partners.
The rest go home alone. Just because you are gay does not mean you can get a date any
easier than the rest of us can.

I am straight. That does not mean that I lust over men every day or minute of my life.

There is a gay guy I know. He still lives with his mother. He takes
care of her. He is a social worker during the day. He is only one example of the other gays
that I know.

I think your ideas about what homosexuals are, encompass only one end of the spectrum, and that
is the active and sinful end. It is easy to get that idea with the media of today, though.

Gays or homosexuals have difficult lives because they know they are different. The idea of
getting married to the opposite sex and having a family is not possible for many of them. Yet, as
we know, family life is natural for the human race.

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: That is what I am saying, they are not sexually active. I only know a few who have par...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

That is what I am saying, they are not sexually active. I only know a few who have partners.
The rest go home alone. Just because you are gay does not mean you can get a date any
easier than the rest of us can.

I am straight. That does not mean that I lust over men every day or minute of my life.

There is a gay guy I know. He still lives with his mother. He takes
care of her. He is a social worker during the day. He is only one example of the other gays
that I know.

I think your ideas about what homosexuals are, encompass only one end of the spectrum, and that
is the active and sinful end. It is easy to get that idea with the media of today, though.

Gays or homosexuals have difficult lives because they know they are different. The idea of
getting married to the opposite sex and having a family is not possible for many of them. Yet, as
we know, family life is natural for the human race.

--hide--

Is the definition of homosexuality that you use able to meet a academic standard in defined words? Because it sounds to me (and with all due respect) that you are using a newly revised definition. It also sounds like whoever defined that word is using semantics as a cover for what it actually is.

Take the word 'homo' this means 'man' and then take 'sexual' this meaning a sexual attraction leading to sexual acts. If you say that men who are attracted to other men are homosexual then I can't fathom it. I'm sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful to you but if you really believe this then maybe that is the reason why you find this subject complicated when it is very simple.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Is the definition of homosexuality that you use able to meet a academic standard in defin...

Is the definition of homosexuality that you use able to meet a academic standard in defined words? Because it sounds to me (and with all due respect) that you are using a newly revised definition. It also sounds like whoever defined that word is using semantics as a cover for what it actually is.

Take the word 'homo' this means 'man' and then take 'sexual' this meaning a sexual attraction leading to sexual acts. If you say that men who are attracted to other men are homosexual then I can't fathom it. I'm sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful to you but if you really believe this then maybe that is the reason why you find this subject complicated when it is very simple.

--hide--

John: I think you are taking a big leap forward when you describe someone as being attracted to the same sex, then you
go on to say that this means a "sexual attraction leading to sexual acts." It is not a "100% given" that it leads to sexual acts.

So, I feel you are describing two different things. Before you even described it as lusting for. I think you are describing
the queens and outspoken gays in the media. As I said, many gays never come out of the closet, except to close
friends. Some gay men even get married to women and have families.

The definition I looked up says that homosexual means desire for the same sex. Then secondly, it says, having sex with the same
sex.

It doesn't matter what I believe, you have your concepts and they are yours. If you don't believe me it is OK. I am
not at all offended.

Posts 141 - 145 of 145