Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 27th 2012 new

It was all a big publicity stunt to push gay rights in the face of everyone, whether these two were/are in love or not. It is not romantic to be all about publicity or pushing an adgenda. How can you not see that, Marianne?

Dec 27th 2012 new

I cannot believe the blatant disrespect and homophobia displayed in this forum. This is a man who has risked his life to protect our country, who -a true American hero. Because of who he loves he deemed a "disgrace?" Sad and ignorant.

Dec 27th 2012 new

Also did you just say "if homosexuals got married they'd become extinct" because the VAST majority of gay people are born from straight families. Seriously, you cannot get anymore homophobic than you did with that statement. Replace "homosexuals" with any other nationality, gender, religion etc. and you'll see how absolutely hateful and un-Christian that sounds. God bless you.

Dec 27th 2012 new

excuse me but are we all not Catholic here? homosexual acts are unnatural and forbidden and sinful. promoting their marriage is wrong. there is nothing homophobic about not wanting another's sin thrown in our faces. those with attraction to the same sex are not to be mistreated or bullied, but we as Catholics are not to call their 'in your face' blatant homosexual displays romantic or ok. love the sinner but hate the sin. you seem to have been won over by the homosexual adgenda that the rules are to be rewritten. and from there, it will lead to ok-ing 'marriage' of more than 2 people to each other, 'marriage' of adults and children, etc

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: excuse me but are we all not Catholic here? homosexual acts are unnatural and forbidden and sinful. promotin...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

excuse me but are we all not Catholic here? homosexual acts are unnatural and forbidden and sinful. promoting their marriage is wrong. there is nothing homophobic about not wanting another's sin thrown in our faces. those with attraction to the same sex are not to be mistreated or bullied, but we as Catholics are not to call their 'in your face' blatant homosexual displays romantic or ok. love the sinner but hate the sin. you seem to have been won over by the homosexual adgenda that the rules are to be rewritten. and from there, it will lead to ok-ing 'marriage' of more than 2 people to each other, 'marriage' of adults and children, etc

--hide--
Thank you for speaking up, Rachel.

Using the White House backdrop for publicity to promote "so-called" gay "marriage" propaganda is nauseating.

This isn't marriage. It's a perversion of marriage.
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-924916 said: Also did you just say "if homosexuals got married they'd become extinct" because the...
(Quote) Judy-924916 said:

Also did you just say "if homosexuals got married they'd become extinct" because the VAST majority of gay people are born from straight families. Seriously, you cannot get anymore homophobic than you did with that statement. Replace "homosexuals" with any other nationality, gender, religion etc. and you'll see how absolutely hateful and un-Christian that sounds. God bless you.

--hide--
There is no such thing a homophobia. It is a made up term to tag people who think that being Gay is wrong. So lets see if they were bank robbers lets say??? How dare we, would be roberphobics and should respect them cause they are veterans. Names mean nothing and yes, we should treat them with kindness, but never buy saying what they are doing is OK. If you haven't noticed, what they are doing, is a mortal sin In the Catholic church and everyone has there right to say what they want, Last I check this is a free country. I would come down on you opinion phobia???

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: No, can't be??????
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

No, can't be??????

--hide--

Sadly, there is a movement to legalize pedophilia. If there was ever an administration that would approve, I think it is in place now.
Dec 27th 2012 new

I see that the two opposing viewpoints in this thread come from the two youngest responders, while the rest of us stick to the traditional definition of love and marriage, as defined by God and the Church. I harbor no ill will against those who practice the homosexual lifestyle, as I truly believe it came from either lack of a proper father figure, molestation, or both. However, I will not condone the lifestyle under any circumstances, as it goes directly against my conscience.

So I'm wondering if the younger viewpoints stated here are indicative of that generation as a whole? Are gay and lesbian lifestyles going to continue to evolve where those of us with traditional conservative positions become the ostracized minority? If so, I feel bad for the future of this country and the world.

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: It was all a big publicity stunt to push gay rights in the face of everyone, whether these two were/are in lov...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

It was all a big publicity stunt to push gay rights in the face of everyone, whether these two were/are in love or not. It is not romantic to be all about publicity or pushing an adgenda. How can you not see that, Marianne?

--hide--

Absolutely!! clap clap It's not about their service; it's about the filth.
Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I see that the two opposing viewpoints in this thread come from the two youngest responders, while the rest of us...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I see that the two opposing viewpoints in this thread come from the two youngest responders, while the rest of us stick to the traditional definition of love and marriage, as defined by God and the Church. I harbor no ill will against those who practice the homosexual lifestyle, as I truly believe it came from either lack of a proper father figure, molestation, or both. However, I will not condone the lifestyle under any circumstances, as it goes directly against my conscience.

So I'm wondering if the younger viewpoints stated here are indicative of that generation as a whole? Are gay and lesbian lifestyles going to continue to evolve where those of us with traditional conservative positions become the ostracized minority? If so, I feel bad for the future of this country and the world.

--hide--

The future is indeed shaky. Each generation seems to take another step down the morality ladder. I worry for the future of civilization.
Posts 31 - 40 of 145