Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: It was all a big publicity stunt to push gay rights in the face of everyone, whether these two w...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

It was all a big publicity stunt to push gay rights in the face of everyone, whether these two were/are in love or not. It is not romantic to be all about publicity or pushing an adgenda. How can you not see that, Marianne?

--hide--


Exactly, but it goes even further than that. This was this President shooting his "middle finger" at all faiths (primarily the Catholic Church) and at all those who value the moral and traditional definition of marriage. The fact that this took place in the People's House is a direct message by the current administration to the American people.


theheart

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Sadly, there is a movement to legalize pedophilia. If there was ever an administration that would approve...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

Sadly, there is a movement to legalize pedophilia. If there was ever an administration that would approve, I think it is in place now.
--hide--
Normalization of Pedophilia Urged by Psychiatrists

"A conference of mental health professionals is presenting a process whereby pedophiles will contribute to an effort to remove pedophilia from the American Psychiatric Associations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in its 2013 revision -- the similar strategy employed several decades ago to normalize homosexual behavior.

Child advocate Dr. Judith Reisman, a visiting professor at Liberty University's School of Law, said the conference is part of a strategy to condition people into accepting pedophiles.

The first thing they do is to get the public to divest from thinking of what the offender does criminally, to thinking of the offender's emotional state, to think of him as thinking of his emotional state, [and] to empathize and sympathize, Reisman said. You don't change the nation in one fell swoop; you have to change it by conditioning. The aim is to get them [pedophiles] out of prison."

culturecampaign.blogspot.com
Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Exactly, but it goes even further than that. This was this President shooting his "mi...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:




Exactly, but it goes even further than that. This was this President shooting his "middle finger" at all faiths (primarily the Catholic Church) and at all those who value the moral and traditional definition of marriage. The fact that this took place in the People's House is a direct message by the current administration to the American people.






--hide--
I was thinking the same thing. This was a direct message from Obama and his administration.
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: It was all a big publicity stunt to push gay rights in the face of everyone, whether these two w...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

It was all a big publicity stunt to push gay rights in the face of everyone, whether these two were/are in love or not. It is not romantic to be all about publicity or pushing an adgenda. How can you not see that, Marianne?

--hide--


Rachael: We already said it was probably set up, if you had read the thread. So, I did see it....

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I see that the two opposing viewpoints in this thread come from the two youngest responders, while the rest of us...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I see that the two opposing viewpoints in this thread come from the two youngest responders, while the rest of us stick to the traditional definition of love and marriage, as defined by God and the Church. I harbor no ill will against those who practice the homosexual lifestyle, as I truly believe it came from either lack of a proper father figure, molestation, or both. However, I will not condone the lifestyle under any circumstances, as it goes directly against my conscience.

So I'm wondering if the younger viewpoints stated here are indicative of that generation as a whole? Are gay and lesbian lifestyles going to continue to evolve where those of us with traditional conservative positions become the ostracized minority? If so, I feel bad for the future of this country and the world.

--hide--
Well worded. A number of us on CM have watched this excellent documentary which speaks to the current moral, cultural, and political destruction of America. For those of you who haven't watched it, please take the time to do so.

AGENDA: Grinding America Down - vimeo.com
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-924916 said: Also did you just say "if homosexuals got married they'd become extinct" because the...
(Quote) Judy-924916 said:

Also did you just say "if homosexuals got married they'd become extinct" because the VAST majority of gay people are born from straight families. Seriously, you cannot get anymore homophobic than you did with that statement. Replace "homosexuals" with any other nationality, gender, religion etc. and you'll see how absolutely hateful and un-Christian that sounds. God bless you.

--hide--


I don't even know what your beef is? You can't just take a post out of context, and think you are so high and mighty and
God fearing and throw around terms like homophobic. You should read the rest of the thread. And if a person is, or wants
to be homophobic, it is their right to do so. But that doesn't mean it is your right to start blabbing that a person is
homophobic.

If your first post causes so much misconception, I can imagine what the rest of them will be like.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Normalization of Pedophilia Urged by Psychiatrists <...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Normalization of Pedophilia Urged by Psychiatrists

"A conference of mental health professionals is presenting a process whereby pedophiles will contribute to an effort to remove pedophilia from the American Psychiatric Associations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in its 2013 revision -- the similar strategy employed several decades ago to normalize homosexual behavior.

Child advocate Dr. Judith Reisman, a visiting professor at Liberty University's School of Law, said the conference is part of a strategy to condition people into accepting pedophiles.

The first thing they do is to get the public to divest from thinking of what the offender does criminally, to thinking of the offender's emotional state, to think of him as thinking of his emotional state, [and] to empathize and sympathize, Reisman said. You don't change the nation in one fell swoop; you have to change it by conditioning. The aim is to get them [pedophiles] out of prison."

culturecampaign.blogspot.com
--hide--


Mary, this is really mind-boggling at this point. Now, what about all of the priests who were convicted of the very same
charge? How does this new concept of pedophilia effect the church's legal problems?

Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Normalization of Pedophi...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Normalization of Pedophilia Urged by Psychiatrists

"A conference of mental health professionals is presenting a process whereby pedophiles will contribute to an effort to remove pedophilia from the American Psychiatric Associations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in its 2013 revision -- the similar strategy employed several decades ago to normalize homosexual behavior.

Child advocate Dr. Judith Reisman, a visiting professor at Liberty University's School of Law, said the conference is part of a strategy to condition people into accepting pedophiles.

The first thing they do is to get the public to divest from thinking of what the offender does criminally, to thinking of the offender's emotional state, to think of him as thinking of his emotional state, [and] to empathize and sympathize, Reisman said. You don't change the nation in one fell swoop; you have to change it by conditioning. The aim is to get them [pedophiles] out of prison."

culturecampaign.blogspot.com



Mary, this is really mind-boggling at this point. Now, what about all of the priests who were convicted of the very same
charge? How does this new concept of pedophilia effect the church's legal problems?

--hide--
Wow. Hadn't thought of that yet. Good point.

However, I don't think the definition has been changed.....yet. May it meet endless opposition.
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mary, this is really mind-boggling at this point. Now, what about all of the priests who were...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Mary, this is really mind-boggling at this point. Now, what about all of the priests who were convicted of the very same
charge? How does this new concept of pedophilia effect the church's legal problems?

--hide--

The vast majority of the clerical sexual abuse cases that were included in the John Jay Report did not meet the clinical definition of pedophilia due to the age of the victims. This is not to dismiss or make light of the abuses in any way -- they were clearly wrong -- all I'm saying is that they were something other than pedophilia.

 

 

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Rachael: We already said it was probably set up, if you had read the thread. So, I did...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:



Rachael: We already said it was probably set up, if you had read the thread. So, I did see it....

--hide--


Marianne -- I did read the thread -- I was reiterating, ok??? I was aghast that you seemed to be jumping to the defense of those viewing these blatant anti-Cathoic, anti-family, anti-true-marriage publicity stunts as 'romantic' good things.

Posts 41 - 50 of 145