Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 28th 2012 new

[quote]Peter-449116 said:

The Commandant of the Marine Corps must be grinding his teeth knowing this happened on his watch, and there's nothing he can do about it.

[/Baloney! The commandant of the Marine Corps can/should do something about it! If he were truly a patriot, he would denounce this from the rooftops..in front of the media and then submit his resignation. Too many of the Big Brass are handpicked "Yes!"-men/women who are liberals...that is why they were appointed to their respective positions..because they give knee-jerk approval to what the President wants.quote]

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Timothy-240636 said: (Quote) Peter-449116 said: The Commandant of the Marine Corps must be gr...
(Quote) Timothy-240636 said:

[quote]Peter-449116 said:

The Commandant of the Marine Corps must be grinding his teeth knowing this happened on his watch, and there's nothing he can do about it.

[/Baloney! The commandant of the Marine Corps can/should do something about it! If he were truly a patriot, he would denounce this from the rooftops..in front of the media and then submit his resignation. Too many of the Big Brass are handpicked "Yes!"-men/women who are liberals...that is why they were appointed to their respective positions..because they give knee-jerk approval to what the President wants.quote]

--hide--

All general and admiral ranks are political appointments; these people have been carefully vetted to ensure that they "toe the party line" on such matters. This policy came about after General MacArthur publicly opposed President Truman over the handling of the Korean War.

If the Commandant of the Marine Corps were someone who would denounce this activity from the rooftops or resign, then he wouldn't be the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: All general and admiral ranks are political appointments; these people...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

All general and admiral ranks are political appointments; these people have been carefully vetted to ensure that they "toe the party line" on such matters. This policy came about after General MacArthur publicly opposed President Truman over the handling of the Korean War.

If the Commandant of the Marine Corps were someone who would denounce this activity from the rooftops or resign, then he wouldn't be the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

--hide--

All, Officers in all branches of the Armed Forces have been since the beginning, political appointees, in the sense that the branch of service nominates a person for Officer Rank, the President then appoints them with the "advise and Consent" of the Senate.

For all officers from the Rank of LT (Army, Air force & Marine Corps) Ens (Navy through those just below Flag Rank, the process is more pro foma with rarelyanyone in the Presidents Office or in the Senate bothering with vettting an individual; i.e. anyone nominated by the Service gets approved. For all Flag ranks the approval process is more formal, especially for 4 & 5 stars. For 1, 2 & 3 stars approval tends to be less forma in the sense that they get autonmatically approved unless there is specific opposiiti on.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: All, Officers in all branches of the Armed Forces have been since the beginning, political...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

All, Officers in all branches of the Armed Forces have been since the beginning, political appointees, in the sense that the branch of service nominates a person for Officer Rank, the President then appoints them with the "advise and Consent" of the Senate.

For all officers from the Rank of LT (Army, Air force & Marine Corps) Ens (Navy through those just below Flag Rank, the process is more pro foma with rarelyanyone in the Presidents Office or in the Senate bothering with vettting an individual; i.e. anyone nominated by the Service gets approved. For all Flag ranks the approval process is more formal, especially for 4 & 5 stars. For 1, 2 & 3 stars approval tends to be less forma in the sense that they get autonmatically approved unless there is specific opposiiti on.

--hide--

I'm sure that's technically true, but as you would agree, the President or the Senate doesn't know one ensign from the next. Colin Powell, on the other hand, would never have gotten his first star if the process was not a political one. (He was not even considered for promotion until the Secretary of the Army under President Carter stepped into the process.)

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Marianne -- I did read the thread -- I was reiterating, ok??? I was aghast that you...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Marianne -- I did read the thread -- I was reiterating, ok??? I was aghast that you seemed to be jumping to the defense of those viewing these blatant anti-Cathoic, anti-family, anti-true-marriage publicity stunts as 'romantic' good things.

--hide--

I was "jumping to the defense" of her clearly written statement and the problem John had with its interpretation.

Are you through yet with your reprimanding?

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I see that the two opposing viewpoints in this thread come from the two youngest responders, while ...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I see that the two opposing viewpoints in this thread come from the two youngest responders, while the rest of us stick to the traditional definition of love and marriage, as defined by God and the Church. I harbor no ill will against those who practice the homosexual lifestyle, as I truly believe it came from either lack of a proper father figure, molestation, or both. However, I will not condone the lifestyle under any circumstances, as it goes directly against my conscience.

So I'm wondering if the younger viewpoints stated here are indicative of that generation as a whole? Are gay and lesbian lifestyles going to continue to evolve where those of us with traditional conservative positions become the ostracized minority? If so, I feel bad for the future of this country and the world.

--hide--

The gay population is about 6 percent. That hardly coincides with the large amount of publicity, and
"wanting to change laws" for them that we are seeing. It feels more like they are 1/3 of the population.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Marianne -- I did read the thread -- I was reiterating, ok??? I was aghast that you...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Marianne -- I did read the thread -- I was reiterating, ok??? I was aghast that you seemed to be jumping to the defense of those viewing these blatant anti-Cathoic, anti-family, anti-true-marriage publicity stunts as 'romantic' good things.

--hide--

I forgot to tell you--"Get off my back!"

Dec 28th 2012 new

Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the lack of rights for a gay couple (as well as the ignorance and homophobia in this forum) to be an issue of human dignity, which is in line with Catholic Social Teaching. I see the disrespect towards each other both in this forum and towards gay people (especially with the "keep it out of my face" attitude... God forbid you say that to a straight person) as really disheartening. It would make me ashamed of being Catholic... except my Catholic roots go pretty deep, and I believe there is room for intellectual conversation between those who carry differing opinions. No one needs to be crucified here.

So, as a young, educated Catholic, who enjoys learning and thinking through all sides of an issue... maybe it is right to say that the future of this country is completely screwed in your eyes. In that case, I will keep praying.

Dec 28th 2012 new

Hello fellow Minnesotan. Oh, BTW, CM, our state rocks for the most LIBERAL in the NATION! UGH! Lord Help US and Our Country!!!

Bottom line here, gayism is a Grave Sin in the Catholic Faith and I don't know how much clearer the Lord has to BE!!! I will not respect, condone or support such acts. The person I am ok with, but Marital Rights, CMON!!! REALLY! As a Catholic. Love the person but hate the sin!!!

With this and all the CRAP that is going on around the world, why can't you young people open your eyes up and see what is going on around you. Free birth control, gayism rights, welfare for the lazy, etc., etc. It's time to Grow Up America!!! Just saying.

Oh, and one more thing I might add. If this were a normal Country, there would be no GAY RIGHTS!!! God did not make Adam and Steve, he created Adam and Eve!

Im not hating them because cripes I have neighbors that are, but if you don't point out the obvious not normal and given them rights that onlye One Man and One Woman should have, what do you expect to come of this World?! Then we all have problems!!!

Dec 28th 2012 new

Yes, I am a homophobia!!!

Posts 51 - 60 of 145