Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Sara-598052 said: Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the l...
(Quote) Sara-598052 said:

Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the lack of rights for a gay couple (as well as the ignorance and homophobia in this forum) to be an issue of human dignity, which is in line with Catholic Social Teaching. I see the disrespect towards each other both in this forum and towards gay people (especially with the "keep it out of my face" attitude... God forbid you say that to a straight person) as really disheartening. It would make me ashamed of being Catholic... except my Catholic roots go pretty deep, and I believe there is room for intellectual conversation between those who carry differing opinions. No one needs to be crucified here.

So, as a young, educated Catholic, who enjoys learning and thinking through all sides of an issue... maybe it is right to say that the future of this country is completely screwed in your eyes. In that case, I will keep praying.

--hide--

There is no greater threat to human dignity than that which defies the natural order of humanity itself.

"Intellectual conversation" is often a coded phrase meaning to initiate conversation intended to protest and redefine that which is clearly defined by Natural Law. The post-Vatican II period in the history of our Church is flush with "intellectuals" who have done little more than cause our Church to come apart at the seams and protestantize our faith, all in the name of "we don't want to offend anyone."

Personally, in matters of faith, I have little interest in "intellectual conversation." I have the word of God and the writings of the saints and apostles to educate me as to what is right and wrong, appropriate and inappropriate, moral and immoral. I don't need a bookworm scholar from an institution of higher learning to tell me how I should interpret that which comes from the greatest institution of highest learning.

Just my two cents

theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-924916 said: I cannot believe the blatant disrespect and homophobia displayed in this forum. This is a man who ...
(Quote) Judy-924916 said:

I cannot believe the blatant disrespect and homophobia displayed in this forum. This is a man who has risked his life to protect our country, who -a true American hero. Because of who he loves he deemed a "disgrace?" Sad and ignorant.

--hide--
This is a Catholic dating site. We Catholics love everyone...including those with same-sex attraction. We do, however, despise and condemn homosexual acts, as they are contrary to the natural world, contrary to God's laws. Thus, we Catholics do NOT support gay "marriage," as it is an abomination.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Sara-598052 said: Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the l...

Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the lack of rights for a gay couple (as well as the ignorance and homophobia in this forum) to be an issue of human dignity, which is in line with Catholic Social Teaching. I see the disrespect towards each other both in this forum and towards gay people (especially with the "keep it out of my face" attitude... God forbid you say that to a straight person) as really disheartening. It would make me ashamed of being Catholic... except my Catholic roots go pretty deep, and I believe there is room for intellectual conversation between those who carry differing opinions. No one needs to be crucified here.

So, as a young, educated Catholic, who enjoys learning and thinking through all sides of an issue... maybe it is right to say that the future of this country is completely screwed in your eyes. In that case, I will keep praying.

--hide--

Our rights come from God, not man nor civil law. Likewise, dignity comes only from being in union with the natural law -- which is defined by God alone. God's word on homosexual behavior is very clear in Scripture.

Societal acceptance of homosexual behavior, to say nothing of same-sex "marriage", is a true affront to human dignity as marriage and sexual intimacy are by their very nature to be shared only by one man and one woman.

Those with same-sex inclinations are due the same dignity and respect as any other human being; however, this does not mean turning a blind eye to grossly immoral behavior, especially when such is being exhibited in public and passed off as normal and desirable. This is all part of the same desensitization process we went through with extramarital heterosexual sexuality, contraception, abortion, etc.

Dec 28th 2012 new

--hide--
To confirm anyone, in this case...defending the victims involved in gay "marriage," is, at best, false compassion. True love demonstrated towards these confused people would be to admonish them and instruct them in Truth.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: Hello fellow Minnesotan. Oh, BTW, CM, our state rocks for the most LIBERAL in the NATION! UGH! Lo...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

Hello fellow Minnesotan. Oh, BTW, CM, our state rocks for the most LIBERAL in the NATION! UGH! Lord Help US and Our Country!!!

Bottom line here, gayism is a Grave Sin in the Catholic Faith and I don't know how much clearer the Lord has to BE!!! I will not respect, condone or support such acts. The person I am ok with, but Marital Rights, CMON!!! REALLY! As a Catholic. Love the person but hate the sin!!!

With this and all the CRAP that is going on around the world, why can't you young people open your eyes up and see what is going on around you. Free birth control, gayism rights, welfare for the lazy, etc., etc. It's time to Grow Up America!!! Just saying.

Oh, and one more thing I might add. If this were a normal Country, there would be no GAY RIGHTS!!! God did not make Adam and Steve, he created Adam and Eve!

Im not hating them because cripes I have neighbors that are, but if you don't point out the obvious not normal and given them rights that onlye One Man and One Woman should have, what do you expect to come of this World?! Then we all have problems!!!

--hide--
Cathy, I fully support what you have said here. I resent the adjective "homophobic." I am not homophobic. I do not fear nor hate gay/homosexual people. I admonish them. In doing so, I do not confirm them in their sinful acts, but attempt to illumine their intellects.Again, confirming/ validating people engaged in sinful behavior is not love...nor is it compassion. It is false love, false compassion. There is much confusion being taught at many so-called Catholic institutions. Look into the Cardinal Newman Society, which is doing wonders to assure that authentic Catholic teaching occurs at solidly Catholic schools.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-924916 said: I cannot believe the blatant disrespect and homophobia displayed in this forum. This is a man who ...
(Quote) Judy-924916 said:

I cannot believe the blatant disrespect and homophobia displayed in this forum. This is a man who has risked his life to protect our country, who -a true American hero. Because of who he loves he deemed a "disgrace?" Sad and ignorant.

--hide--

Few people have ever lived that can truly be called heroes; ironically, the label is rarely, if ever, used to describe the rare few to which it applies (Jesus, Mary, John the Baptist. Maybe a few others).

Many, but not all, of those society views as heroes exhibit both heroic and decidedly anti-heroic behavior. While it is certainly proper to recognize these people for their heroic acts, viewing the person as a hero often results in confusion (or worse) if the person's anti-heroic acts come to overshadow the heroic.

The deliterious effect that this one act will have, directly and indirectly, on society is itself enough to banish any notion that the Marine officer is a hero, regardless of any heroic acts he may have performed. As a side note, the news article linked to in the topic post provides no evidence that he has either risked his life in service to the country or performed any heroic act.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The thing that really aggravates me about gays, is the fact that they take themselves ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

The thing that really aggravates me about gays, is the fact that they take themselves so seriously. If a
heterosexual couple got engaged in the White House, there would be no big spectacle.

It gets old because they shove it in your face.

--hide--

And some of them want to climb to the nearest mountaintop and announce to the world they're gay.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The gay population is about 6 percent. That hardly coincides with the...

The gay population is about 6 percent. That hardly coincides with the large amount of publicity, and
"wanting to change laws" for them that we are seeing. It feels more like they are 1/3 of the population.

--hide--

The more usual statistic is 2%,with possible another 2% bi-sexual.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I forgot to tell you--"Get off my back!"

I forgot to tell you--"Get off my back!"

--hide--

Marianne -- you seem to have a real problem with me -- but I don't know why. I'm sorry you have been hurt or offended by me -- it certainly was not intentional. What really is your reason for being so nasty?

Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: Hello fellow Minnesotan. Oh, BTW, CM, our state rocks for the most LIBERAL in the NATION! UGH! Lord Help US ...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

Hello fellow Minnesotan. Oh, BTW, CM, our state rocks for the most LIBERAL in the NATION! UGH! Lord Help US and Our Country!!!

Bottom line here, gayism is a Grave Sin in the Catholic Faith and I don't know how much clearer the Lord has to BE!!! I will not respect, condone or support such acts. The person I am ok with, but Marital Rights, CMON!!! REALLY! As a Catholic. Love the person but hate the sin!!!

With this and all the CRAP that is going on around the world, why can't you young people open your eyes up and see what is going on around you. Free birth control, gayism rights, welfare for the lazy, etc., etc. It's time to Grow Up America!!! Just saying.

Oh, and one more thing I might add. If this were a normal Country, there would be no GAY RIGHTS!!! God did not make Adam and Steve, he created Adam and Eve!

Im not hating them because cripes I have neighbors that are, but if you don't point out the obvious not normal and given them rights that onlye One Man and One Woman should have, what do you expect to come of this World?! Then we all have problems!!!

--hide--

clap clap clap Bow
Posts 61 - 70 of 145