Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Sara-598052 said: Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the l...
(Quote) Sara-598052 said:

Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the lack of rights for a gay couple (as well as the ignorance and homophobia in this forum) to be an issue of human dignity, which is in line with Catholic Social Teaching. I see the disrespect towards each other both in this forum and towards gay people (especially with the "keep it out of my face" attitude... God forbid you say that to a straight person) as really disheartening. It would make me ashamed of being Catholic... except my Catholic roots go pretty deep, and I believe there is room for intellectual conversation between those who carry differing opinions. No one needs to be crucified here.

So, as a young, educated Catholic, who enjoys learning and thinking through all sides of an issue... maybe it is right to say that the future of this country is completely screwed in your eyes. In that case, I will keep praying.

--hide--
Well when a Young Catholic thinks, Other Catholics being against making a mortal sin the law of the land.Then saying they are Homophobic, It makes one wonder about the Catholic Faith you were taught. Because it does not line up with social Catholic teaching of any kind.

I would get my money back for the school I went to, if this is what you were taught. Also if other Catholics are teaching this as ok I will have to pray for there soul, because they put it in grave danger by saying a mortal sin is to be excepted as OK in the Catholic Church And this is not and opinion , it is a fact in the Catholic Church, always has been and never did or will ever change.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I forgot to tell you--"Get off my back!"
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I forgot to tell you--"Get off my back!"

--hide--

This seems so uncharacteristic of someone who self-describes herself in her profile as: "I am a nice person with a good sense of humor. Usually I am described as "soft spoken," sometimes "gentle."

So I must have really offended you somehow -- sorry.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Sara-598052 said: Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the l...
(Quote) Sara-598052 said:

Well, I think that anything said about this being a publicity stunt is a HUGE stretch. I see the lack of rights for a gay couple (as well as the ignorance and homophobia in this forum) to be an issue of human dignity, which is in line with Catholic Social Teaching. I see the disrespect towards each other both in this forum and towards gay people (especially with the "keep it out of my face" attitude... God forbid you say that to a straight person) as really disheartening. It would make me ashamed of being Catholic... except my Catholic roots go pretty deep, and I believe there is room for intellectual conversation between those who carry differing opinions. No one needs to be crucified here.

So, as a young, educated Catholic, who enjoys learning and thinking through all sides of an issue... maybe it is right to say that the future of this country is completely screwed in your eyes. In that case, I will keep praying.

--hide--
Sara, here is a link to a good teaching on what the Catholic Church teaches on Mariage. Maybe you could show it to who ever taught you about Catholic social teaching. You will find many in our faith have decided to teach there own faith and not the Catholic faith. well here is the link of what has always been taught and backed by Scripture. www.catholicculture.org

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Sara, here is a link to a good teaching on what the Catholic Church teaches on Mariage. Maybe yo...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Sara, here is a link to a good teaching on what the Catholic Church teaches on Mariage. Maybe you could show it to who ever taught you about Catholic social teaching. You will find many in our faith have decided to teach there own faith and not the Catholic faith. well here is the link of what has always been taught and backed by Scripture. www.catholicculture.org

--hide--

One of the problems, Thomas, is that liberal priests and nuns have fostered this kind of cafeteria, pseudo Catholicism. Until the hierarchy polices its own, our youth are at risk for this kind of garbage.

- Elizabeth

Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: There is no such thing a homophobia. It is a made up term to tag people who think that being Gay is wrong. ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

There is no such thing a homophobia. It is a made up term to tag people who think that being Gay is wrong.

--hide--
Exactly. If you can manipulate language, you can manipulate the thought process of society. Altering the way we think about abnormal and amoral behaviors is a pre-requisite for society to incorporate hideous perversions as normal.

Another case in point... Manufacturing the term "pro-choice" vs calling abortion "murder". Certainly no civilized person would advocate the legalization of "murdering babies"! But gosh, how could a reasonable person be against "choice"! Words have power. In these cases, the power of language is being used to deceive!

Calling people who oppose the homosexual agenda "homophobics" is a tactic. Because one protects and defends Christian values and the biblical definition and institution of marriage doesn't make them "phobic", "fearful", or "haters". Again, the name calling is part of their manipulative agenda.
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: One of the problems, Thomas, is that liberal priests and nuns have fostered this kind of caf...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

One of the problems, Thomas, is that liberal priests and nuns have fostered this kind of cafeteria, pseudo Catholicism. Until the hierarchy polices its own, our youth are at risk for this kind of garbage.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

You know the more I here so many young of today, including my own children. I think it is to late and our country and world is in for some dark ages coming for those who Believe in the Catholic Churches teachings. I feel like it will be other Catholics, leading the charge against the Church. Think of what Pierce Morgan said the other night??? That the Bible should be amended to include Gay marriage. Just think of that and how many people agree with it, in our Church alone. Like the word of God can be changed for anything we choose. I see another reformation coming and other Catholics and prodestens leading the way.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Exactly. If you can manipulate language, you can manipulate the thought process of society. Altering the ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Exactly. If you can manipulate language, you can manipulate the thought process of society. Altering the way we think about abnormal and amoral behaviors is a pre-requisite for society to incorporate hideous perversions as normal.

Another case in point... Manufacturing the term "pro-choice" vs calling abortion "murder". Certainly no civilized person would advocate the legalization of "murdering babies"! But gosh, how could a reasonable person be against "choice"! Words have power. In these cases, the power of language is being used to deceive!

Calling people who oppose the homosexual agenda "homophobics" is a tactic. Because one protects and defends Christian values and the biblical definition and institution of marriage doesn't make them "phobic", "fearful", or "haters". Again, the name calling is part of their manipulative agenda.
--hide--
Mary, It's been going on for a long time and what they have been doing with words is working. We are losing the battle of words and we just might be to late to change it ??? Did you hear what Sam donaldson said the other day that the country is there's and they are in the majority now and we are just a part of the country. I think he said we better get use to it also.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The more usual statistic is 2%,with possible another 2% bi-sexual. ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The more usual statistic is 2%,with possible another 2% bi-sexual.

--hide--

Paul, where that that 2 percent number come from?

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Timothy-240636 said: This is a Catholic dating site. We Catholics love everyone...including those with same-sex attr...
(Quote) Timothy-240636 said:

This is a Catholic dating site. We Catholics love everyone...including those with same-sex attraction. We do, however, despise and condemn homosexual acts, as they are contrary to the natural world, contrary to God's laws. Thus, we Catholics do NOT support gay "marriage," as it is an abomination.

--hide--

That is simple and well put, Timothy. Thank you for it.

Dec 28th 2012 new

The church supports upholding the dignity of all people and to impose ill will towards these individuals is not Christian.

We are all sinners and are fortunate God didn't allow us all to be stoned. We are expected to not stone another.

I would expect all conversations on this topic to be limited to public policy and terminology.

Companies are allowed mergers, people are allowed contracts.

The true problem comes from government providing priviledges to married individuals not afforded to others. Essentially, this was to support children and mothers and to provide the state with fatherhood information.

The bulk of society does not follow marriage as a Christian perspective and this leads right into the problem faced here. I've had co-workers married upto 5 times, etc. Are these people entitled to more benefits for some reason just because they are married?

Civil Marriage is simply a contract. The societal problem comes from utilizing the same word for a civil contract and religious union.

The simple fact is having a Catholic Marriage and having a civil marriage are two very different things.

However, because same-sex individuals are demanding a contract for them - the only option I see is that it be named something else and that it be a contract option for anyone with no sexual relationship required.

Posts 71 - 80 of 145