Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: However, because same-sex individuals are demanding a contract for them - the only option I see ...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

However, because same-sex individuals are demanding a contract for them - the only option I see is that it be named something else and that it be a contract option for anyone with no sexual relationship required.

--hide--

Tried that already... "civil unions". It lasted for about 5 years until they decided to redefine the term because those in "civil unions" were then demanding the right for their "unions" to be recognized as equal to marriage. When that failed they decided to redefine "partnerships" as "civil unions" and are now not only demanding the full rights and privileges of married couples, but to also be referred to as the same.

Progressivism at work... in living color.

theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

I'm not denying that Victor, that a line still needs to be drawn. But we might as well focus on how to draw that line and why it must be drawn to be imposed legally.

I believe the term "marriage" should be retained for man and woman.

The Supreme Court case is a much better use of our time.

Dec 28th 2012 new

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. <...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

--hide--

Prayer is a good thing. Somethings are better left to God to handle.

Dec 28th 2012 new

Going off on a tangent - in heaven no one is married but we are spiritually married to Christ.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marine-proposes-boyfriend-white-house-222137561--abc-news-politics.html<...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

news.yahoo.com

--hide--

Sick.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Paul, where that that 2 percent number come from?
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Paul, where that that 2 percent number come from?

--hide--

That is the figure that has been published for years. I first saw the statistic in an intro to psych. course in the mid 1950s

The Welles Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank says that as of 2011, 9 million Americans Identify themselves as Gay, Lesbian, bisexual of transgender people. They say that the 9 million represents 3.8% of the population. But their math is bad. Since the US Population is about 315 million, that is only 2.8% of the population.

They break down their 3.8% this way: Bisexuals are 1.8%of the population, while 1.7% say they are gay or lesbian and a mere 0.3% are transgender.

So this whole moronic nonsense about gay marriage is to satisfy a mere1.7%of the population. and in reality, the majority of gays and lesbians are no more interested in "marrage" than you would be in becoming a burlesque queen. So all this furor is over such a small percentage of the population as to be ridiculous.

I would also add that there are recognized mental illnesses whose frequency in the population is higher than this. And homosexuality was a recognized mental illness until the 1960s when the American Psychiatric Association decided to drop it. A glaring mistake for which we are reaping the harvest of weeds today.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) John-711000 said: OK, well I thought you were. I think...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
John-711000 said:

OK, well I thought you were. I think that the next step after allowing homosexual parades they would want the same for pedophiles, that's what a lot of people are now saying. In many ways pedophilia is legal, there's a group called NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association) which, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't been raided and shut down yet. It shows that many people in our government support the group.

Oh, Lord, now I have heard everything, NAMBLA?????? That is sickening. And I understand now how you meant that they
may want it legalized. What a shame? And here I thought we had most everything in NYC. Never heard of that group.
Thanks, John.

--hide--

If you look into it further--it Will make you sick. They are based in Boston where a former clergy person I once knew moved...in order to pursue whatever it is that he pursues... It is scary. Frightening.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: (Quote) John-711000 said: news.yahoo.com.
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Quote:
John-711000 said:

news.yahoo.com

Sick.

--hide--

Not for nothing, but I wonder if anyone has noticed the fact that he is 35 and "he" is 26 (or is it "he" is 35 and he is 26? boggled ).

We seem to have either a "creeper", or a "cougar" at work here! laughing

theheart

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Edward-512961 said: Sadly, there is a movement to legalize pedophilia. If...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Edward-512961 said:

Sadly, there is a movement to legalize pedophilia. If there was ever an administration that would approve, I think it is in place now.

Normalization of Pedophilia Urged by Psychiatrists

"A conference of mental health professionals is presenting a process whereby pedophiles will contribute to an effort to remove pedophilia from the American Psychiatric Associations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in its 2013 revision -- the similar strategy employed several decades ago to normalize homosexual behavior.

Child advocate Dr. Judith Reisman, a visiting professor at Liberty University's School of Law, said the conference is part of a strategy to condition people into accepting pedophiles.

The first thing they do is to get the public to divest from thinking of what the offender does criminally, to thinking of the offender's emotional state, to think of him as thinking of his emotional state, [and] to empathize and sympathize, Reisman said. You don't change the nation in one fell swoop; you have to change it by conditioning. The aim is to get them [pedophiles] out of prison."

culturecampaign.blogspot.com
--hide--

Mary- Thanks for posting this. VERY disturbing..

Posts 81 - 90 of 145