Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

I am working on an annulment . I don't get hardly any replies here. Is it because I am divorced?? Do the others think it was all my fault?? Is it real evil that a divorce happened. Sometimes it is necessary for those that think otherwise.

Dec 20th 2012 new

Walter ~ When two people are involved - there are always two sides to every story. I don't believe that you have not received any responses for that purpose. Jesus was there with the woman at the well and also Mary Magdalene. He love us just as much as the next person. Keep your head up and always remember to put God in control for sending you the very best person for you and your life. His answers to prayers are always better than ours. Praying hug

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Walter-181370 said: I am working on an annulment . I don't get hardly any replies here. Is it because I am divor...
(Quote) Walter-181370 said:

I am working on an annulment . I don't get hardly any replies here. Is it because I am divorced?? Do the others think it was all my fault?? Is it real evil that a divorce happened. Sometimes it is necessary for those that think otherwise.

--hide--
Walter, you would be surprised how much our profile pictures can make a difference. There is glare on the lenses of your glasses. Have a good friend (it makes a difference- you will appear more relaxed) take a bunch of images- some indoors using overhead diffused lighting and absolutely no flash. Then some outdoors on an overcast day. This is to avoid squinting into the sun or the harshness of shadows across your face. Also no sunglasses! I spent the better part of 46 years in the photographic/printing industry, so I've learned a few things. I even remember some of them! A lot of us are divorced- that's not a factor.

Oh, and one more thing- smile!

Blessings and good luck to you, Pete

Dec 20th 2012 new

thank you
yu are so kind

Dec 20th 2012 new

thanks Pete. I will change my primary pic

Dec 20th 2012 new

Laurel - thank you for your kindness

Dec 21st 2012 new

My Ideal Match:

Nice appearance, not overweight, physically fit. One who believes in most or all the teachings of the church.If you answered no on the "faith/doctrine" section to sanctity of life, please do not contact me. I believe in marriage. Possible marriage. Under age 69 please. I am also leaving open the possibility of meeting someone younger and starting a family. I look younger than my age and exercise daily, play sports and and eat the right foods.

This would keep many women from contacting you.. You start out giving the impression that physical beauty is your first disqualifier.. This section also comes across as negeative.. "You can't be this or you can't say that." Most women over 40 are going to immediately disqualify themselves when you tell them in your profile that you are looking to start a family. Then you end it with talking about yourself again instead of about what you want.. Someone told me very early on not to use *I* statements.. So I tried very hard to re-word my profile to take the *I's* because I could see how 'selfish' they sound.

My Ideal Match should be a positive essay on the kind of woman you want not a collection of statements about the kind of woman you don't want..

Dec 21st 2012 new

It depends on the individual circumstance. Some people who are divorced may have cheated on their sposues and done some rotten things. In that case, well, not so good. In other cases, the spouse was a monster and they were lucky to get out in one piece. In that case bravo.

Either way, you may be short on resposnes partially because you don't have a profile pic that shows up by your name.

I rarely respond to anyone without a picture up because zi like to see who zi am talking with, so other women may feel the same.

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: My Ideal Match should be a positive essay on the kind of woman you want not a...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

My Ideal Match should be a positive essay on the kind of woman you want not a collection of statements about the kind of woman you don't want..

--hide--

I agree with Donna on this...I will admit that I disqualify men for the negative tone of their profile. Changing it to a positive one may help. Being divorced may be a stopper for some women as it is seen as adultery until it is annulled. As soon as you are annulled, change your profile to indicate that change.

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: It depends on the individual circumstance. Some people who are divorced may have cheated on their...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

It depends on the individual circumstance. Some people who are divorced may have cheated on their sposues and done some rotten things. In that case, well, not so good. In other cases, the spouse was a monster and they were lucky to get out in one piece. In that case bravo.

Either way, you may be short on resposnes partially because you don't have a profile pic that shows up by your name.

I rarely respond to anyone without a picture up because zi like to see who zi am talking with, so other women may feel the same.

--hide--

Walter had a picture yesterday when I replied to him Celia..He might be changing it to a new one..

Posts 1 - 10 of 16