Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Jessica-844048 said: Sooo I've run out of things to read recently, and for fear of growing tired of my books and...
(Quote) Jessica-844048 said:

Sooo I've run out of things to read recently, and for fear of growing tired of my books and going through and rereading the bookshelf again I am wondering... what have you read lately that you wanted to share with someone or that you just thought was a good book? I'm looking for something new, but old is sometimes new too. Lemme know

--hide--

What a great thread, Jessica! I love talking books and, well, I guess I love talking. lol

What kind of things interest you? What are you passionate or curious about?

Dec 21st 2012 new

I just started reading "Life of Pi"...Even though the movie came out, I want to read the book first.... biggrin

Dec 21st 2012 new

I've got a whole pile of stuff here that keeps losing the battle to TV and internet. But, the last couple I finished were:

Truck: A Love Story, by Michael Perry
www.amazon.com

Homespun non-fiction. A friend said it reminded her of me.

In the Heart of the Sea, by Nathaniel Philbrick

www.amazon.com

A little gruesome at points.

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: I just started reading Captivating, Unveiling The Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John & Sta...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

I just started reading Captivating, Unveiling The Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John & Stasi Eldredge. I have it on my Nook and can share it if anyone is interested. Someone in another forum recommended it so I am excited to have something to read over the holiday.

--hide--

It sounds great. I will look for a Kindle copy.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Jessica-844048 said: Sooo I've run out of things to read recently, and for fear of growing tired of my books and...
(Quote) Jessica-844048 said:

Sooo I've run out of things to read recently, and for fear of growing tired of my books and going through and rereading the bookshelf again I am wondering... what have you read lately that you wanted to share with someone or that you just thought was a good book? I'm looking for something new, but old is sometimes new too. Lemme know

--hide--

I'm really liking Lisa Scottoline. She's very similar to Jodi Picoult. I'm also reading some Catholic/Christian recommendations, including The Fantasty Fallacy.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'm really liking Lisa Scottoline. She's very similar to Jodi Picoul...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I'm really liking Lisa Scottoline. She's very similar to Jodi Picoult. I'm also reading some Catholic/Christian recommendations, including The Fantasty Fallacy.

--hide--

FANTASY... NOT fanTASTY. lol Why do I keep mistyping?!

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: (Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'm really liking Lisa Scottoline. She's ...

Quote:
Tara-916865 said:

FANTASY... NOT fanTASTY. lol Why do I keep mistyping?!

--hide--

A subconscious desire for TASTYkakes! wink laughing laughing

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: A subconscious desire for TASTYkakes!
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

A subconscious desire for TASTYkakes!

--hide--

I don't know what those are, but I'm dieting, and they sound DELICIOUS!!!!!!! lol

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I don't know what those are, but I'm dieting, and they sound DELICIOUS!!!!!!! lol

I don't know what those are, but I'm dieting, and they sound DELICIOUS!!!!!!! lol

--hide--

not sure if you'd like them. they're a few rungs below hostess baked goods.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: not sure if you'd like them. they're a few rungs below hostess baked goods.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

not sure if you'd like them. they're a few rungs below hostess baked goods.

--hide--

A few weeks ago this would have been a matter of subjective preference. Now that Hostess is nowhere to be found...

While there was some overlap in the product lines, there area number of TK items that have (had) no counterpart in other companies' offerings (e.g., krimpets). I like the TK pies because they have no sugar glaze and much less sugar in the filling than most. One thing I have noticed about the modern TK pies (vs. those I last had 35+ years ago) is that the crust is not quite as firm and the tops tend to separate from the body if you apply a little too much pressure at the seam. This doesn't affect the taste, though.

Posts 21 - 30 of 93