Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 28th 2012 new

I am currently reading "Jesus of Nazareth" by our beloved pope Benedict XIV and I am really loving it. I've also read "Rome Sweet Home" by Scott Hahn and Kimberly Hahn recently, thinking how every love story with Christ is fascinating. The way they have found their way in the Catholic Church is riveting.

Dec 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Melissa-790653 said: I am currently reading "Jesus of Nazareth" by our beloved pope Benedict XIV and I am really loving ...
(Quote) Melissa-790653 said:

I am currently reading "Jesus of Nazareth" by our beloved pope Benedict XIV and I am really loving it. I've also read "Rome Sweet Home" by Scott Hahn and Kimberly Hahn recently, thinking how every love story with Christ is fascinating. The way they have found their way in the Catholic Church is riveting.

--hide--

Yes, "Rome Sweet Home" gets a thumbsup from me, too. Great book!
Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: I've got a whole pile of stuff here that keeps losing the battle to TV and internet. But, the ...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

I've got a whole pile of stuff here that keeps losing the battle to TV and internet. But, the last couple I finished were:

Truck: A Love Story, by Michael Perry
www.amazon.com

Homespun non-fiction. A friend said it reminded her of me.

In the Heart of the Sea, by Nathaniel Philbrick

www.amazon.com

A little gruesome at points.

--hide--

Hey!! Michael Perry is an author from my area living in Western Wisconsin. Very funny man.
sneezingcow.com

Dec 29th 2012 new

I'm currently reading Rediscover Catholicism by Matthew Kelly. It was given to everyone at Christmas Mass in the Parish I grew up in. The Archbishop wants everyone in the archdiocese to have it.

I'm also reading The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Official Movie Guide by Brian Sibley. Read the book many years ago when my kids were into it. I can't wait to see the movie.

Jan 14th 2013 new

The Other Side by Michael Brown. Solidly Catholic...about people, even little children, who died and were brought back and they describe what they saw...There is no way the children could have known what they described. Incredible book.

Jan 14th 2013 new

Just finished "The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz", the WWII memoirs of a 90-year old British soldier who spent part of the war as a POW at a forced labor camp adjacent to Auschwitz III, and got to know a few of the Jewish persons who he worked with in the factory. A couple of times he even exchanged uniforms with one of them, to spend the night and learn more about what really was going on over there.

Keeping with the same theme, I started "Schindler's List" last night, but not sure yet if I'll stick with it.

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Just finished "The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz", the WWII memoirs of a 90-year old Br...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Just finished "The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz", the WWII memoirs of a 90-year old British soldier who spent part of the war as a POW at a forced labor camp adjacent to Auschwitz III, and got to know a few of the Jewish persons who he worked with in the factory. A couple of times he even exchanged uniforms with one of them, to spend the night and learn more about what really was going on over there.

Keeping with the same theme, I started "Schindler's List" last night, but not sure yet if I'll stick with it.

--hide--

It sounds very interesting....

Jan 16th 2013 new

Brothers Bulger Howie Carr

Jan 16th 2013 new

Just started The Horror Stories of Robert E Howard I know it is kinda pulp fiction but taking a break from history and murder mysteries

Jan 17th 2013 new

The Unincorporated Man. It's a scifi book about a guy who awaken after a 300 year sleep to find the work quite different. It's ok so far but quite detailed and can be hard to follow if your not familiar with corporations, shares and partnerships which is something I work with in my job. It's

Posts 81 - 90 of 93