Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I need help with prepositions. What's a good website that I can get the rules from?

Dec 21st 2012 new

www.englishclub.com

theheart

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I need help with prepositions. What's a good website that I can get the rules from?
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I need help with prepositions. What's a good website that I can get the rules from?

--hide--

The OWL at Purdue. owl.english.purdue.edu

. . . or you could as your friendly, virtual neighborhood English teacher. :)

Peace,

Maricela

Dec 21st 2012 new
(Quote) 4 hours ago (new) Writing a Paper - Prepositions? I need help with prepositions. What's a good website that I can get the rules from?
(Quote) 4 hours ago (new) Writing a Paper - Prepositions? I need help with prepositions. What's a good website that I can get the rules from?
--hide--
Oh man you broke rule #1 Carl. Never end a sentence with a preposition. Sorry, my Dad was an English teacher and I probably watched too much Schoolhouse Rock as a kid!
Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I need help with prepositions. What's a good website that I can get the rules from?
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--

now thaaat theer is a preposition ---> "... or you could as your friendly, virtual neighborhood English teacher. :)

Peace,
Maricela"

biggrin thumbsup thumbsup

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--

Carl, as a sometimes freelance editor, I know that prepositions are not something to end a sentence with. wave

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--

You mean what's a website from which you can learn the rules?

I think he is joking again people! hyper party

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--

My first degree is in English Education. Watch School House Rock! :)

Dec 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: The OWL at Purdue. owl.english.purdue.edu . . . or you could ...
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:

The OWL at Purdue. owl.english.purdue.edu

. . . or you could as your friendly, virtual neighborhood English teacher. :)

Peace,

Maricela

--hide--

I have a BA in English Education and an M. Ed. I still use OWL Purdue. In fact, I was just on it this week, and I was just talking to an English teacher yesterday about it! Besides, DREW BREES went to Purdue. :)

Posts 1 - 10 of 21