Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandpar...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandparents, they have been around 60 years married. But ever since remember, they've always had this I-hate-you-i-cant-stand-you relationship.
--hide--

I agree with Elizabeth. You have a very pretty name.

Happiness is a choice you make everyday. If you find a mate with this same attitude, then 'Happily ever After' is probably in the cards for you.

01/01/2013 new

To all with annulled marriages.

If it was annulled then it never existed in the first place. In other words, you have not yet experienced a true marital union and have very much to look forward to.

theheart rose heartbeat

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said: It can happen. It happened to me. I married my best friend. We loved each other unconditional...
(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said:

It can happen. It happened to me. I married my best friend. We loved each other unconditionally, accepted each other's faults and strove hard to make each other happy. We always talked through issues and problems. If we can't agree, we agreed to disagree. I was very secure in my love for him and his for me and I know that whatever problems we may be faced with, I will be okay because he will always be there to support me. And he was til his last breath.
--hide--

Lilibeth-How beautfiul! theheart lovestruck! hug rosary

01/01/2013 new

I love that "Family"

Forget about me

A bout

M e 'cause

I

L ove

Y ou

01/07/2013 new
My father was 49 and my mother was 43 when they got married. They were married for over 42 years when he passed 3 years ago at age 91. They had a successful marriage because of trust, commitment and prayer. I am 42 and I hope to be as fortunate as my father to find a mate and bring the same "ingredients" as he did to his marriage.
03/20/2013 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandpar...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandparents, they have been around 60 years married. But ever since remember, they've always had this I-hate-you-i-cant-stand-you relationship.
--hide--

HI Alma Rose,

"Happily ever after" lasts till death do us apart if both husband and wife are centered in Christ. My parents were married for 57 years when my mother died, and I was married to my beloved husband for 21 years when he passed away in my arms. Even to his last breath he loved me and I loved him.

That is why I believe it is important to find a spouse who is centered on God. When our eyes are focussed on God and doing his will we move towards God. If two people are moving towards their God, how can they not be together happy ever after? That is why the Bible talks of not being yoked to an unbeliever. One can still be a Catholic yet they may not be focussed on the teaching of the church or in doing God' s will. I am surprised to see so many answering "NO" to to the questions surrounding our faith. There will be times when it is difficult but love is a commitment and a decision and God gives us the grace to remain in love if we pray for it and for each other.

03/20/2013 new

GREAT comments!!!

I have to agree esp. with the "girlfriends" item. Your spouse HAS TO be your primary confidante. And you cannot go around badmouthing him to other people (gentle teasing that he would smile at is okay). LOYALTY is important.

03/20/2013 new

There you've made a good distinction: LOVE can last forever.

"Happily Ever After"? Well, it comes and goes. Illness, money trouble, in-law trouble, job loss, bratty kids...it's a roller coaster.

But -- if you can regularly MAKE TIME for the TWO of you, so that these other things can't make you forget why you love each other...it works.

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) As Fr Stan sang: F orget about me A bout M e 'cause<...
(Quote)

As Fr Stan sang:

F orget about me

A bout

M e 'cause

I

L ove

Y ou

--hide--

I recently went to a church where Fr. Stan Fortuna spoke & sang this song! What an inspiring evening & message!

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: To all with annulled marriages. If it was annulled then it never existed in the first p...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

To all with annulled marriages.

If it was annulled then it never existed in the first place. In other words, you have not yet experienced a true marital union and have very much to look forward to.

--hide--

An annulment in the Catholic Church is a declaration by the Church that a valid marriage did not exist between a couple, even though there was both a legal marriage in accord with state law and, to initial appearances, what seemed like a valid marriage. Technically, an annulment is a declaration of invalididty in the Catholic Church. An obstacle existed making a valid marriage impossible. There was not a permanent bond between the parties. The parties involved did not have a marriage as the Lord intended it to be.

These statements are from a document that answers general questions regarding annulments. Unfortunately, the source was not cited on this particular document

Posts 31 - 40 of 59