Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: Happily ever after? I had that once and I believe that it will happen again. Yes, every marriage ...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

Happily ever after? I had that once and I believe that it will happen again. Yes, every marriage has it's ups and downs, but you know what still tickles me to this day? Phil and I eloped after 4 months of dating and 23 years later he still called me his bride. We would walk into a restuarant with five children in tow and Phil would ask for the most romantic table in the place. Imagine the looks we got. When I find someone who looks at me like that again, makes me laugh, and who has a heart blazing with faith, I will have my chapter two. You see, it isn't always easy to be married, but faith cements people in a manner that is like super glue. I know it because I lived it until Phil took his dying breath.

--hide--

Happy ever after? Like Linda, I had that once as well and in my heart believe it will happen again. I remember after several years of marriage thinking "Wow, I didn't think happily ever after required so much work!". That's when I began to pray to Our Blessed Mother for strength, wisdom and guidance so that I could be the best wife and mother that God meant for me to be. We met our freshman year in college about one month before my 18th birthday. We took our marriage vows seriously and he promised that divorce would never be an option. Our love grew stronger over the years as we relied on our faith to build and strengthen our relationship. We even had a Marriage Encounter baby. This strength helped us deal with his cancer diagnosis after 25 wonderful years of marriage and as he took his last breath in my arms in the comfort of our home with family around us. My following chapters are my children and grandchildren, I pray for a 2nd Edition.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Here's an interesting story that will hopefully inspire everyone.... ...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Here's an interesting story that will hopefully inspire everyone....

A man and woman had been married for more than 63 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little Old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had Cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but One day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said it will take time to heal.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was In the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls And a stack of money totaling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents. 'When we were to be married,' she said, ' my grandmother told me that the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that If I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll.'

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears.

Only two Precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two Times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness. 'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.'

A Prayer.......
Dear God, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;
Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods;
Because God, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death,
Because I don't have time to crochet.

--hide--

Thanks Rosemarie. I liked the story but most of all I like your prayer. laughing laughing laughing

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Here's an interesting story that will hopefully inspire everyone.... ...

Here's an interesting story that will hopefully inspire everyone....

A man and woman had been married for more than 63 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little Old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had Cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but One day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said it will take time to heal.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was In the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls And a stack of money totaling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents. 'When we were to be married,' she said, ' my grandmother told me that the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that If I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll.'

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears.

Only two Precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two Times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness. 'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

A Prayer.......
Dear God, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;
Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods;
Because God, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death,
Because I don't have time to crochet.

--hide--

Rosemarie,

Loved the story. Not sure about the prayer, though.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandpar...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandparents, they have been around 60 years married. But ever since remember, they've always had this I-hate-you-i-cant-stand-you relationship.
--hide--

Marriage is HARD work, but the rewards are amazing when you wake up each morning and commit to loving your spouse more then you did the day before. It's a process, and it takes time! No matter how good the marriage there will be times when you completly hate your spouse, but those are the times you NEED to remember that no matter how much you hate them, you'll never stop loving them! When you stop remembering why you fall in love, or how much you really love each other the marriage is going to suffer.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: It might seem that way too you, but there's a good chance that they couldn't stand to be ap...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

It might seem that way too you, but there's a good chance that they couldn't stand to be apart, and that they would be lost without each other.

--hide--

I'm convinced my grandparents fought EVERY day they were married (at least they fought every day I ever saw them) but there was no denying how much they loved each other. After they had their fight (and grandma lost ... which happened 99% of the time) she'd go off to the corner and recover. 10-20 minutes later everything was done and forgotten (never to be discussed again), and in all honesty I think if you would have asked her why they fought she would have said "we fight? no way!"

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Your spouse HAS TO be your primary confidante.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Your spouse HAS TO be your primary confidante.

--hide--

Yeah the 3rd wheel can kill even the best of marriages! As soon as you go to someone other then your spouse for pretty much anything, there is going to be resentment, hurt feelings, etc. etc.!

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: If you want to be happy for a month, GET MARRIED.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

If you want to be happy for a month, GET MARRIED.

--hide--

I heard one, where the key to happiness in a marriage is to take 2 weeks vacation every year. He should go for a week in the spring, and her a week in the fall! laughing laughing

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: 'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.'

--hide--

LOVE IT!! Now that's a perfect marriage!!!!

May 8th 2013 new

Love lasts forever, happy comes and goes :-). Its cyclical, sometimes it is very happy but life has its pains and that is true in a marriage. But, the important things, unconditional love, deep abiding respect and loyalty, admiration, integrity, dignity. . .those last forever, as long as you put in the work to make it so and set your priorities to keep them there regardless of what things might tempt you to discard them. I too had the forever love, and while not every day was a happy one, overall there is a deep and satisfying joy that I was able to share my life with Pete and I hate that I will not share the rest of my life with him. No matter how chaotic the world was, no matter how stressful, I was always excited to get to be home with him, and at night I couldn't wait to crawl into bed and get all wrapped up in his arms, because at that moment every night, the world was right and I knew I'd be able to face anything I needed to the next day. But, his work here was done and mine is not. I hope I get the chance to share that type of relationship with another and if not I know at least I did get to know it once.

Posts 51 - 59 of 59