Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said: I am curious. Has anyone actually met anyone, face-to-face, on this site?? I renewed my membersh...
(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said:

I am curious. Has anyone actually met anyone, face-to-face, on this site?? I renewed my membership this fall, hoping for better results than I experienced last time. Unfortunately, the experience is the same: men who don't respond to messages, men who will only send emoticons without messages, and conversations that go nowhere and typically end without their reply. I have not met any person who has even suggested a meeting. Are there men out there who are interested in making an actual connection with a woman, and are they experiencing similar responses? I am beginning to think this is a site for those who do not really want to meet someone face-to-face. I would love to hear from those who have had success meeting people face-to-face.

--hide--

Well, to be honest I've only been here a short time, so I don't have experience one way or the other. I will say, however, that I would certainly like to meet face to face in the proper situation! I think that initially I was afraid of doing things "the right way" on CM, but I realized that outside of common courtesies, honesty, and the like, there is no "right way", and that I need to do things how I would do them, since that is who I am. In other words, outgoing (despite the fact I can initially be very shy), proactive, and of course with Christian charity and prudence. Have I stuck my foot in my mouth already? Probably. I can be very impatient at times, so I am learning to slow down, and realize that all will happen in His time...

All that said, I have not suggested a meeting yet, but that's because the situation just isn't quite right, at least at the moment. Am I open to suggesting one? Definitely. Will that be sooner rather than later? Probably. It makes me a bit nervous, but then again, that's part of the adventure! biggrin

When it comes down to it, I much prefer face to face communication (I am a people person and find communicating through text difficult at times), and so I look forward to the time when I can finally meet that special someone in person, whether in the neighborhood or across country. After all, only God knows who, when, and where someone will walk into your life, and you better be attentive and proactive or that person may just walk right back out...

I just pray that my outgoing spirit and odd sense of humor doesn't put someone off! tongue

Pax.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Dean-927722 said: Well, to be honest I've only been here a short time, so I don't have experien...
(Quote) Dean-927722 said:

Well, to be honest I've only been here a short time, so I don't have experience one way or the other. I will say, however, that I would certainly like to meet face to face in the proper situation! I think that initially I was afraid of doing things "the right way" on CM, but I realized that outside of common courtesies, honesty, and the like, there is no "right way", and that I need to do things how I would do them, since that is who I am. In other words, outgoing (despite the fact I can initially be very shy), proactive, and of course with Christian charity and prudence. Have I stuck my foot in my mouth already? Probably. I can be very impatient at times, so I am learning to slow down, and realize that all will happen in His time...

All that said, I have not suggested a meeting yet, but that's because the situation just isn't quite right, at least at the moment. Am I open to suggesting one? Definitely. Will that be sooner rather than later? Probably. It makes me a bit nervous, but then again, that's part of the adventure!

When it comes down to it, I much prefer face to face communication (I am a people person and find communicating through text difficult at times), and so I look forward to the time when I can finally meet that special someone in person, whether in the neighborhood or across country. After all, only God knows who, when, and where someone will walk into your life, and you better be attentive and proactive or that person may just walk right back out...

I just pray that my outgoing spirit and odd sense of humor doesn't put someone off!

Pax.

--hide--

Dean, I think the most important thing here on the CM site and in life in general is to be yourself. That's the only way you will meet the right person for you. I think we're all tempted at times to be someone we're not, but that only leads to heartache - both for us and the other person. Of course, that should not be confused with putting your best foot forward. However, in the end you are who you are - own it, love it, cultivate it!! Hang in there! Chelle

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I have met hundres of people on this site in person and have had a couple of brief romances. People really do meet in person.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) . After all, only God knows who, when, and where someone will walk into your life, and you better be attentive and proactive or that person ...
(Quote) . After all, only God knows who, when, and where someone will walk into your life, and you better be attentive and proactive or that person may just walk right back out..

--hide--

Yes Sir, that's why I've invited a devout CM woman, about 100 miles away, to meet halfway for Dinner. She hasn't said yes or no ... yet.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I got to all the CM events that I can. Meet great people and I have also gone on many F-2 F great guys just have not found the guy for me however did make some awesome life long friends. Search continues . It works! I know of at least 12 matches from this site that resulted in marriage and just found out about 3 more that will be coming up within this year all in the engagement phase waiting on the dates and details. Be bold and open to being out of your comfort zone and have fun . This will lead you to your forever gal or guy when it is the right time. hug wink hug

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said: I am curious. Has anyone actually met anyone, face-to-face, on this site?? I renewed my membersh...

I am curious. Has anyone actually met anyone, face-to-face, on this site?? I renewed my membership this fall, hoping for better results than I experienced last time. Unfortunately, the experience is the same: men who don't respond to messages, men who will only send emoticons without messages, and conversations that go nowhere and typically end without their reply. I have not met any person who has even suggested a meeting. Are there men out there who are interested in making an actual connection with a woman, and are they experiencing similar responses? I am beginning to think this is a site for those who do not really want to meet someone face-to-face. I would love to hear from those who have had success meeting people face-to-face.

--hide--

Hi Chinwe,

I've met some wonderful people through CM, in fact, i met one of my very best friends here. I've had a couple romances too :) Like many things CM is largely what you put into.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

--hide--

A long long long long time ago. It's probably been since 2010 at least. You have to get emails first.

Jan 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Sure! I've met probably close to 100 current and former member of this site over the nearly 3 years that I...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Sure! I've met probably close to 100 current and former member of this site over the nearly 3 years that I have been here. More importantly, I've enjoyed being in the company of every last one, and some I will call friends for a very long time.

--hide--

sad {{sniff, sniff}} not me . . . weeping
Posts 11 - 18 of 18