Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 13th 2013 new
Today is a day for me and my family, my brothers and sisters, their spouses, their children, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, all of us and more--friends and whoever knew her--to give thanks for the life of my Mom. She passed into eternal life three years ago this morning. My Dad and Mom gave us life, eight plus five of us, not to mention their grandchildren, great grandchild and future great grandchildren. How blessed I am to simply be alive due to their cooperation with God's plan, their openness to welcoming life. I was the fourth born. My youngest brother was the eighth, and thirteenth if you count the ones Mom lost, which she did and I do. After she gave us life she showed us what it means to be truly alive. She was a person filled with joy and gratitude, even through the many trials and sorrows she would have. She had awesome humility, genuine humility. She knew what the source of holiness was, rather who the source of holiness was--Jesus Christ, through his Church. She ministered to many in the Church, through bereavement ministries, Cursillo, and many other programs. She ministered to her children daily, even to the end of her life. She was full of joy. She was so fun to be around, which to me is a sign of holiness. She suffered. She wanted everyone to know that the Blessed Mother is a Mother to all of us. She would tell us that Our Lady is a far better mother than she is. Knowing what a wonderful mother Mom was, this is amazing to know, since I am convinced Mom was right about Our Lady. She loved the simple things: lighthouses, postcards (she collected them throughout her life), she loved to be by the water, lakes, the ocean. Most of all she loved us. Her life was an act of self-sacrificial love. Her name is Colette, and she will always be Mom to me and my brothers and sisters. Thank You God.
Jan 13th 2013 new
God bless you all, John.
Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Today is a day for me and my family, my brothers and sisters, their spouses, their children, my aunts and...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Today is a day for me and my family, my brothers and sisters, their spouses, their children, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, all of us and more--friends and whoever knew her--to give thanks for the life of my Mom. She passed into eternal life three years ago this morning. My Dad and Mom gave us life, eight plus five of us, not to mention their grandchildren, great grandchild and future great grandchildren. How blessed I am to simply be alive due to their cooperation with God's plan, their openness to welcoming life. I was the fourth born. My youngest brother was the eighth, and thirteenth if you count the ones Mom lost, which she did and I do. After she gave us life she showed us what it means to be truly alive. She was a person filled with joy and gratitude, even through the many trials and sorrows she would have. She had awesome humility, genuine humility. She knew what the source of holiness was, rather who the source of holiness was--Jesus Christ, through his Church. She ministered to many in the Church, through bereavement ministries, Cursillo, and many other programs. She ministered to her children daily, even to the end of her life. She was full of joy. She was so fun to be around, which to me is a sign of holiness. She suffered. She wanted everyone to know that the Blessed Mother is a Mother to all of us. She would tell us that Our Lady is a far better mother than she is. Knowing what a wonderful mother Mom was, this is amazing to know, since I am convinced Mom was right about Our Lady. She loved the simple things: lighthouses, postcards (she collected them throughout her life), she loved to be by the water, lakes, the ocean. Most of all she loved us. Her life was an act of self-sacrificial love. Her name is Colette, and she will always be Mom to me and my brothers and sisters. Thank You God.
--hide--

What a beautiful testimony John and how blessed you are to have had such a wonderful mother. I lost my mom three and a half years ago and she sounds alot like your mom. She was my best friend. What a blessing she was. Such a beautiful and loving mom is something to truly be grateful to God for!

Jan 13th 2013 new
Thank you Meg! We all appreciate the blessing prayer.
Jan 13th 2013 new
Therese, Yes, very similar especially because she was a best friend to all of her kids. There's a high place in Heaven for many Moms; we can be certain of that. God is good. Thank you and may God bless!
Jan 14th 2013 new
As I just read back through all the posts in this thread I got a little feeling of the Christmas spirit, which tends to fade about now. I am really grateful for all the people who've posted in this thread. Of late so many great ones by Meg, Therese, Brenda. Why did I start mentioning names?! Too many to mention. My gratitude goes up for all of you and my prayers go to God for all of your intentions. God bless!
Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: As I just read back through all the posts in this thread I got a little feeling of the Christmas spirit, ...
(Quote) John-746882 said: As I just read back through all the posts in this thread I got a little feeling of the Christmas spirit, which tends to fade about now. I am really grateful for all the people who've posted in this thread. Of late so many great ones by Meg, Therese, Brenda. Why did I start mentioning names?! Too many to mention. My gratitude goes up for all of you and my prayers go to God for all of your intentions. God bless!
--hide--

Thank YOU, John, for the thread. It is a great thing to do every morning or night or like your mother did. I have read it makes God very happy and...us too! It is very healing.

Jan 14th 2013 new

I want to add that I am so attached to so many on this site...You all are wonderful friends and so fun and inspirational. CM has truly had a profound impact on my life these past seven weeks. I look forward to many more great times 'talking' and playing games with you all. BTW, I think 'BAN' is my favorite game.... laughing

Jan 14th 2013 new
Thanks Meg! I have two weeks left. Wouldn't it be great to fill this thread up to 200 by then, even if 1/3rd of them are my responses. I'll have to work on staying grateful for these two weeks to get my first "locked thread". Ha ha
Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks Meg! I have two weeks left. Wouldn't it be great to fill this thread up to 200 by then, even i...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks Meg! I have two weeks left. Wouldn't it be great to fill this thread up to 200 by then, even if 1/3rd of them are my responses. I'll have to work on staying grateful for these two weeks to get my first "locked thread". Ha ha
--hide--

I could contribute more but I didn't want to 'hog' it. I have so many things happening all the time that are obvious gifts...I often feel God is dropping them down saying, hang in there, keep going...It is amazing how many little, good things can happen in one day.

Posts 101 - 110 of 172