Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 21st 2013 new

Today I am grateful for a great Dad: a little league coach, a provider, an English teacher, a worker, a Private (medic) in the Army, a lector, a cantor, a Cursillista, a Catholic, a lover of the outdoors, loved our Mom, a guy who tried to make our lives full and fun and meaningful, a father of eight plus five, a great golfer and golf coach, a man who tried. A great Dad.

theheart rosary

Jan 21st 2013 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks for the sympathy prayers Meg. I noticed I've slipped to 24th place out of 188 who have played Trivia...
(Quote) John-746882 said:

Thanks for the sympathy prayers Meg. I noticed I've slipped to 24th place out of 188 who have played Trivia this week. Something must be wrong with the scoring though, because I really think I should be in the top ten. Someone ought to look into that.

--hide--

You knocked me out of 24th place!! I am now in 28th place!!

wave wave
Jan 21st 2013 new

I'm telling you Helen, something's up with the scoring. I can't prove it, but there's no way I should be worse than ninth overall. Like I say I have no proof, but it wouldn't shock me if there was a massive conspiracy to knock me out of the top ten. All I can say is that I'm pretty good at Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, so if that's not proof enough I don't know what is. wide eyed sad eyepopping weeping

Also I was very good at spelling bees.

Sorry about bumping you down to 28th.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

1) Family (especially my kids and grandkids)

2) My best friend who I can share absolutely anything with

3) A good job

4) Health

5) A sunny day (when it is warm - not right now in MN -6)

(not all necessarily in this order)

Jan 22nd 2013 new
John, couldn't there be an alumni group or something? That way you could stay in touch sometimes....I know there are many other successes from CM..
Jan 22nd 2013 new

I am grateful that my son celebrated his 14th BD at home instead of being in the hospital. He cried on New Year's Day because he was told that he had to spend another day in the hospital while he was looking forward to going home. You should have seen the smile on his face that daybiggrin

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Very nice Marirose. I once heard a priest's homily where he said if we remember to say thank you to God, more blessings will be sure to follow. That was over twenty years ago but it stuck with me. Thank you for sharing your list.

Brrrrr -6 degrees. It's a balmy 18 degrees here.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Meg, Thanks so much for making me feel appreciated/welcome here. I'm really enjoying CM as my subscription winds to an end this week, yet I do feel it's time to move on to the next thing, whatever that may be.

My girlfriend says that I'm going to miss this, and she's probably right, but I just think the time is right.

Who knows, maybe they'll have a free posting weekend, and if I become aware I will jump in the fora and say hello.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Daniel buddy, That is awesome my friend. That's a great birthday gift for dad and son!

Happy Birthday! theheart

Jan 22nd 2013 new
I am, again today, so grateful for wonderful people, new CM friends and, new lessons learned. JMJ
Posts 131 - 140 of 172