Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 22nd 2013 new

I'm grateful you encouraged the People We Think Are Saints thread Meg. Those posts are amazing.

I'm grateful for the God-given gift of life today. May it be held sacred.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: You knocked me out of 24th place!! I am now in 28th place!!
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:

You knocked me out of 24th place!! I am now in 28th place!!

--hide--

Now I am in 28th place in trivia. Funny how every time I peek at the results they only get worse!

I started the week in 4th place!

laughing boggled weeping

Jan 22nd 2013 new
I think I am in 32nd place!! I have been in the top 10 before....on a Sunday!!
Jan 22nd 2013 new

Yep. I just came to the conclusion if we lower our expectations we won't be disappointed. I'm changing my goal to top 10%, or top 50.

I may change my goal later in the week if things get worse.

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: I'm grateful you encouraged the People We Think Are Saints thread Meg. Those posts are amazing.I...
(Quote) John-746882 said:

I'm grateful you encouraged the People We Think Are Saints thread Meg. Those posts are amazing.

I'm grateful for the God-given gift of life today. May it be held sacred.

--hide--

It hit me although of course I have heard it before. I am grateful that God is so generous that He does not ever take away our free will. He allows us to turn our backs on Him, reject Him over and over, treat His Son the way we did and do, with sin, and hurt each other. In spite of it all, He loves us and respects us so much, he continues to let us choose, each and every day. He is totally vulnerable to our hurting Him but that is how He chooses to be. There is such a huge lesson here but I still don't totally grasp it, of course.

What we love the most, God will indeed let us have. If it is goodness, we receive Heaven and if it is not....

Every remaining day of life offers again, the choice. I am grateful He asks us again, what do you love the most?
Jan 23rd 2013 new
Today I am really grateful for heating systems. It's a brisk low of 10 degrees out there today.
Jan 23rd 2013 new
I am grateful for the commonality Catholics have. When I meet me people, who are Catholic, on many important levels we already connect. It is heartwarming. Eleven men, doing Christ's work and with God's help gave us a wonderful, universal Faith. Again, too, I am grateful for the work CM does to bring us together. Thank you
Jan 23rd 2013 new

Tonight I am grateful for the sacraments, as I should be all the time. We went to a talk on the sacraments given at my girlfriend's parish. It is amazing the gifts we Catholics have been given.

Jan 24th 2013 new
Today I'm grateful for a still new nephew. I'm grateful for people who stand up for life.
Jan 25th 2013 new
Tonight I am grateful for goodness. There is so much goodness in people and in the world. God deposits it in our lives like petals from a rose. He puts in each of us as He creates us. We just have to always remember to see it, love it and live it. It is that for which we are made.
Posts 141 - 150 of 172