Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 1st 2013 new
I have to put the Rose bowl parade on my gratitude list....I have loved watching it over the years on tv....perhaps I can see it in person scratchchin rose
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: I'm so thankful and grateful for ...
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

I'm so thankful and grateful for my new job -- began a couple weeks ago!

CONGRATULATIONS

--hide--

Thank you, Kevin hug smile rose

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Congratulations MaryAlice!!! Happy New Year! Thanks for adding your voice of gratitude!
(Quote) John-746882 said: Congratulations MaryAlice!!! Happy New Year! Thanks for adding your voice of gratitude!
--hide--

You're welcome, John .... and all the best with your new relationship!

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Hi Meg, Thank you so much for your kind remarks. My girlfriend said to me the other day, "You're...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Hi Meg, Thank you so much for your kind remarks. My girlfriend said to me the other day, "You're going to miss this," after I showed her all the great interaction I had with so many good people in this thread in particular. She's right. I am sure I will. But there's a season for everything as I paraphrase the old song by The Byrds, which quotes Ecclesiastes. There are so many good and kind voices in here. I'm just going to enjoy the next few weeks. God bless and Happy New Year Meg!
--hide--

Just a tad curious, John, but is your lady friend also from CM?

All the best to you both! heartbeat lovestruck! cupid

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

Jan 1st 2013 new

You absolutely must go to Pasadena some New Year's to see the Rose Parade, it is truly amazing lovestruck!

The floats line the streets of Pasadena for about 5-6 miles in the days following the event so you can see them up close rose

I am grateful every day God has given me to experience everything in life and to just BE; with unspeakable Joy that takes my breath away.

PS...You can get a good round trip flight for $300 if you book a couple months in advance! If you have a mileage card its even better angel

Jan 1st 2013 new

Congratulations on your relationship and I am excited to know that you are entering a new chapter in your life! Anyway - yes you will be missed and miss the forums, but isn't that what skype, phones, email, twitter and Facebook are for? That is how I stay in touch with my loved ones all over lovestruck!

God Bless you both John and my prayer for you is that your New Year is Blessed and Bright with opportunity and endless Joy & Love!

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Tanya-906422 said: You absolutely must go to Pasadena some New Year's to see the Rose Parade, it is truly amazing
(Quote) Tanya-906422 said:

You absolutely must go to Pasadena some New Year's to see the Rose Parade, it is truly amazing

The floats line the streets of Pasadena for about 5-6 miles in the days following the event so you can see them up close

I am grateful every day God has given me to experience everything in life and to just BE; with unspeakable Joy that takes my breath away.

PS...You can get a good round trip flight for $300 if you book a couple months in advance! If you have a mileage card its even better

--hide--

scratchchin I know I planned very well when I flew into Orange County this fall....next year sunny California does sound very tempting.....
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Sherry-118409 said: This is one of the nicest threads I've seen on CM in awhile. This past year, in particular, ...
(Quote) Sherry-118409 said:

This is one of the nicest threads I've seen on CM in awhile. This past year, in particular, I noticed how much I had been seeing only things that needed to be "fixed" or that weren't good enough, and I also noticed how this has robbed me of my joy, so I started being more grateful, and it really does make a difference.

I am grateful for past experiences that have been difficult, in dating, at work, and otherwise, and often through my own fault. Without them I would not have learned some badly needed lessons.

I am grateful for my job, even on the tough days, for many would be grateful for any type of work and I do get a lot of joy from it even in the difficult times.

I am grateful that I am healthy and active. I have vowed to make 2013 a year of better health choices, but even without any changes I have my family, my friends, my mobility...because I work with adults with severe and profound developmental disabilities I have seen what it's like to be dependent on others for personal cares. And because I also work with developmentally disabled adults who have more abilities, including the ability to hold a job, I have seen what it's like to be without friends and without transportation. I have so much....

I am grateful for my family, with all our varied and colorful choices. Sometimes they would not necessarily be choices I would make, but I'm grateful that through it all we are family, we love one another, and we are there for one another.

I am grateful for the beauty I see around me. Sometimes I think about all the things that God created for us to enjoy. Then I think about all the beauty that He created that will never even be discovered...it was just made for the joy of creating. And we are made in His image, meant to both enjoy and create beauty, whether anyone else ever notices or not.

I am grateful for my faith. It is the light and the compass in my days, and when I pay attention, it is that which will bring me safely home.

I am grateful for the opportunities present in my life. Often I find myself wondering which path to take, whether I should take more classes, hope that a different opportunity opens up in my present company (I have reached my salary cap), or seek a different line of work. Sometimes I am frustrated, but there is blessing in this, because I have choices that so many people in other countries do not have.

--hide--

Sherry, this is very inspiring and makes me thankful for all I have. It is good to see such positive posts. God bless you!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Sherry, this is very inspiring and makes me thankful for all I have. It is good to...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

Sherry, this is very inspiring and makes me thankful for all I have. It is good to see such positive posts. God bless you!

--hide--

I'm glad you liked it. Thank you! God bless you too! biggrin

Jan 1st 2013 new
Wow Sherry! Your post shows what gratitude really is. My Mom, who inspired me to start doing these, after her passing, was grateful not just for the pleasant things--which she was certainly grateful for--but also for the difficult things, and the grace she received to get through those things. I think this type of gratitude is really a source of lasting joy. Thank you for this and for the kind words!
Posts 61 - 70 of 172