Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 8th 2013 new
Today I am very grateful my hair stylist sent me a text wondering where I was when I failed to show up for my hair appointment....sometimes the little things really do make me feel better....
Jan 10th 2013 new

Thank you to St. Erasmus for intercession for a loved one!

Jan 10th 2013 new

I am grateful for completing what I needed to complete today.

Jan 12th 2013 new
Today I am grateful for a day I had three years ago today. Instead of going to work in the morning I chose to take a half day to visit Mom in the nursing home, even though I was very busy at work, I chose the better part that day. It was the last hours I would spend with her on this earth. She passed away the next morning as two of my sisters prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and then the Rosary at her bedside. She went to the Father during the fifth Glorious mystery, the Coronation of Our Lady. Since my Mom's gratitude lists inspired this thread, I thought it would be good to share that here. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Jan 12th 2013 new
Today I am grateful for my friends and family who have stood by me when I needed them the most. I can honestly say that if I have ever felt like I was alone or lonely it was my own fault because I have been blessed with many caring people who would be there in an instant for me. Because of my circle of friends and their care I tend to reach out to others more now with an offer of friendship..... angel rose
Jan 12th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Today I am grateful for a day I had three years ago today. Instead of going to work in the morning I chos...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Today I am grateful for a day I had three years ago today. Instead of going to work in the morning I chose to take a half day to visit Mom in the nursing home, even though I was very busy at work, I chose the better part that day. It was the last hours I would spend with her on this earth. She passed away the next morning as two of my sisters prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and then the Rosary at her bedside. She went to the Father during the fifth Glorious mystery, the Coronation of Our Lady. Since my Mom's gratitude lists inspired this thread, I thought it would be good to share that here. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
--hide--

That's beautiful, John. Thanks for sharing.

Jan 12th 2013 new

My grandmother, who was like a mother to me, joined the Church at age 71. For twenty years she attended many Masses, prayed many Rosaries and loved her new Faith. I was her godmother. She died right after praying her Rosary. I am grateful for her and for that.

Jan 12th 2013 new
That is an awesome testament to your Grandmother Meg. She was your Godmother? That is really cool, and I'd say probably rare. The norm seems to be to choose a sibling or friend who you consider a good Catholic. My Mom and Dad also made a rare choice in making me and my sister Godparents to our youngest brother. He was 11 years younger than me and 13 years younger than my sister. They also did that for my second youngest sibling, my youngest sister. My older brother and my oldest sister are her Godparents. Looking back I see they made a wise decision in this. My Dad passed away young, and I took the responsibility of Godfather seriously. Was I always a good example? Of course not. But I did get some things right with helping my little brother along. I keep him and all my Godchildren in prayer each morning, which to me is the most important thing I can do for them. I'm grateful for them all.
Jan 12th 2013 new
I am grateful today for the chance at a job promotion. I am also grateful for special friends and watching God's Love at work. We are presented with so many opportunities to help draw others back to Him. I received one of those today. This dear friend has been looking for years, grew up very devout and then lost the Faith but knows something is missing in life. Thus the reason God introduced us I believe!
Jan 12th 2013 new
I am grateful for my Godmother Mary. As a kid she always bought me gifts, no occasion needed. I was lucky to get wiffle balls and other toys from my Godmother, who seemed to really love being my Godmother. I don't know where she is currently. If I can say a public prayer here I'll ask Our Lord and Our Lady to take care of her, and my own dear Mom to intercede on her friend's behalf.
Posts 91 - 100 of 172