Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

How does this work? How does one get started? Who decides where and when? How is an event or meet-up 'sanctioned' or official? I'd love to have a jolly old time with all of you!

12/23/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: How does this work? How does one get started? Who decides where and when? How is an event or mee...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

How does this work? How does one get started? Who decides where and when? How is an event or meet-up 'sanctioned' or official? I'd love to have a jolly old time with all of you!

--hide--

Hi, Rachel wave ... I've been to seven CM Events or get-togethers: three regional get-togethers in the Milwaukee/Green Bay area, one national event in Orlando, another national event in San Antonio, and two adventure-events in the Colorado Rocky Mt National Park. In each case, what had to happen in order for the event to ever happen was that somebody had to step up, come up with an idea for a meet-up, and propose a date, time, and location.

The events can me more local, with maybe Mass, a dinner, and some other attraction such as a concert or visit to a park or something along those lines. Events that are more likely to attract people from all over usually are best held over a four-day holiday weekend (Friday evening through Monday departure), with multiple things planned over the weekend. The Orlando and San Antonio events had amusement parks, concerts, a couple of dinners, and of course some spiritual elements such as daily rosary and a group Mass.

The one thing all of these events had in common, however, was that one person who stepped up and planned it. One doesn't have to be an event planner as such, just somebody with some good ideas for group fun. They typically put out a feeler in this forum, to gauge interest and get some ideas and suggestions for things to do, and once they get it sorted out, they post the event under CM events. There are some guildelines within the events page as to what needs to happen to be posted there, and also some suggestions as to how to plan an event (I think Tracy's outline is still up there... she has planned many CM events both in Chicago and in Europe).

Hope my rambling helps, and that an event happens soon for our friends in PA!

Posts 1 - 2 of 2