Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 23rd 2012 new
You nailed it right on the head. To come to a Catholic site and find people going against what the Church teaches is discouraging. For instance, there are some who think it's ok to vote for pro-choice cadidates.
Dec 23rd 2012 new

Beautiful quote, Rachel! I for one am strongly devout. When a "potential" match (whatever that really means by CM) pops up, I'll look at their profile, and the first thing is, if they are not 7/7, then "X" marks the spot. I won't even read much more. Does that make me a bad person? Or does that just mean that I KNOW that God is looking out for me and knows that I wouldn't be properly matched with someone who doesn't share the faith. (I think the latter is true.)

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Yes, Duane -- isn't that why we are on CM instead of another site? Not bad, just discerning.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Hi Greg! I respectully disagree with your post or what I think is the essence of it. I do not believe that I am here to waste anyone's time, least of all my own. I believe there's a place for all of us in the world - no matter where we are in our life's journey or on the road of Catholicism. I hope that we have all come to CM to meet and have a relationship with fellow Catholics. With that said, everyone is different, and we are entitled to our preferences - whether they be in our own personal beliefs or in the characteristics of another person. Not to mention, we are all imperfect children of God. And I have seen plenty of profiles of people who seem to be very serious about their faith. Hopefully, this will allow each of us to connect with our perfect "CatholicMatch," thus allowing God to work in the individual and/or the relationship as He sees fit. This is just a thought from a newbie to the site who was hoping to find a community. Chelle

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Greg-902815 said: I'm not sure if anyone else has notcied this, but it seems that there are A LOT of po...
(Quote) Greg-902815 said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has notcied this, but it seems that there are A LOT of poofers and/or people who are just here for the fun of it, and don't take the Faith seriously. Has anyone else noticed this?

--hide--
I have noticed the contrary.

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Hmm I guess there is no room at the Inn this time of year for people who might be search...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Hmm I guess there is no room at the Inn this time of year for people who might be searching for other people romantic or otherwise who are stronger in their faith. Or maybe they recently decided to start taking their faith more seriously and they are just being honest about how things have been in their life. I would like to think that honesty counts for something especially when it would be much easier to deceive.

--hide--
amen to that brother!! (I Agree with you 100%)

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Greg-902815 said: My experiences have involved people who have little to no interest in talking about faith-related ...
(Quote) Greg-902815 said:

My experiences have involved people who have little to no interest in talking about faith-related subjects.

--hide--

I can totally understand your desire to talk about faith related subjects. But, one thing I really like about this site - I think Meg said it well - is that I have made many friends, both women and men. The benefit to this site is that we can make friends from all over the country and all walks of life who share a common perspective on life. So, while many of our discussions may not be specifically ABOUT the faith, they are discussions that are coming FROM the faith ABOut life. That is quite unique and rather special!

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: The topics vary but I don't see they always need to be about the Faith. For that I would join a...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

The topics vary but I don't see they always need to be about the Faith. For that I would join a specific study group for a specific aspect or teaching of Catholicism.

--hide--

And there are CM forum sections for doctrine, apologetics, etc.

Dec 24th 2012 new

... and the nice thing about having the x/7 section, and sections that people can add in whatever they want to ... means you can use the free will that God gave to you in an informed way as you navigate this website. To me that's a pretty good thing, actually...

Dec 24th 2012 new

Greg, I must say I agree with Meg. There are so many reasons to join this site. I am not yet annulled, but I love that this site is accepting of me and allows me to participate in the forums. I gain a whole lot from other people's perspectives and, even more importantly, I am finding ways to help others through involvement on the forums. It makes me happiest to try to help, rather than being a wet blanket all the time. :-) -All- the time... laughing

I am growing in my faith walk by helping others and by listening to others here.

There are "poofers" on the site, but I don't think there are any more here than any other site... particularly the secular sites. As a matter of fact, I think there are fewer of those types here and more of the DEFINITELY ELIGIBLE types of ladies who would make fantastic life's mates. We all have so many different faith journeys and are coming from such different directions... Some are commitment-minded, others are not.

I am trying to undersand our Lord's timing as I seek (eventual) marriage, and am trying to be patient. Take your time, be active in these forums, browse the ladies, and pursue development of your faith through the wonderful members on this site.

And... be active seeking ladies in your church and in your daily life.

Michael

Posts 11 - 20 of 46