Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 31st 2012 new

And please forgive my lack of quoting ability. I meant to quote his entire message, nor did I notice the pages of replies afterwards. embarassed

Jan 1st 2013 new

New to this site and thought I could get into some discussions that would help me as I strive to reconnect with the church and hopefully meet a lady that is looking for the same things in life that I am. I have been away from the church for quite sometime, and I hoped that here I would feel more comfortable than speaking to those at church. When I filled out my profile I thought being honest about my current status as I see it, was the right choice. A few of the posts here (not all) are making me uncomfortable and that is exactly what I have tried to avoid at church. Its hard enough to admit that I have been on the wrong path for so long. So please understand that some listed as "not practicing now" does not mean that we are here with any false intentions

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Dan-929964 said: New to this site and thought I could get into some discussions that would help me as I strive to reconnect with t...
(Quote) Dan-929964 said:

New to this site and thought I could get into some discussions that would help me as I strive to reconnect with the church and hopefully meet a lady that is looking for the same things in life that I am. I have been away from the church for quite sometime, and I hoped that here I would feel more comfortable than speaking to those at church. When I filled out my profile I thought being honest about my current status as I see it, was the right choice. A few of the posts here (not all) are making me uncomfortable and that is exactly what I have tried to avoid at church. Its hard enough to admit that I have been on the wrong path for so long. So please understand that some listed as "not practicing now" does not mean that we are here with any false intentions

--hide--

In Oklahoma they have programs for Catholics returning home and usually they begin their classes around this time of year. Perhaps that would help you transition back into practicing your faith once more?

Welcome to CM by the way biggrin
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-929964 said: New to this site and thought I could get into some discussions that would help me as I strive to re...
(Quote) Dan-929964 said:

--hide--

Welcome to CM! I hope you find this a place where you can be comfortable. Honesty is a great trait, and always appreciated. Faith is a journey, and not everyone is in the same place, and most people will realize this. If you post something directly contradicting the teachings of the Catholic Church people will probably try to give you the correct information, but hopefully they will be kind in their clarifications. Most of them will. It must be difficult jumping back into things. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-929964 said: New to this site
(Quote) Dan-929964 said:

New to this site

--hide--

Welcome Dan!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Everybody we encounter is an opportunity...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Joanna-615441 said:

Everybody we encounter is an opportunity to be persona Christi.

Actually, no it isn't. Only an ordained priest can act in persona Christi (in the person of Christ the head), unless, of course, lay people now also have the same powers as an ordained priest to perform the sacramental rite in which bread becomes the Body of Christ and the wine becomes His Precious Blood.

--hide--

Through Baptism, we are called to be the body of Christ...it is no longer I that live but Christ who lives in me.... We have all received the power of the Holy Spirit through the Sacraments and it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that ordained have received their faculties, to call upon the Holy Spirit to change bread & wine to the body & blood of Christ. Ordained do not have the power on their own....

There was a beautiful homily during Advent about this issue. The summary: We are created in God's image and likeness; through the Sacraments we have been filled with the Holy Spirit, who resides in us; and, just as mangers and statues are icons leading us to deeper relationship with Christ, so are we icons (or should be) leading others to Christ; when people experience us, do our lives exude Christ and lead others to Him? I think that is perhaps what Joanna was attempting to state.

Posts 41 - 46 of 46