Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Salome-701443 said: To be honest I think we show men that we need them if we stand back sometimes and allow them to ...
(Quote) Salome-701443 said:

To be honest I think we show men that we need them if we stand back sometimes and allow them to take charge,then show them appreciation afterwards.

--hide--

The truth is that what you discribed is the best place to be when you trust the man in charge.

- Elizabeth

Dec 31st 2012 new

Gentleman will always be a real gentleman if his deeds, thoughts and actions came from the bottom of his heart...regardless of what other will say, or wherever he maybe. There are some things innately that man can do without being told. In the beginning God created Eve to be with Adam.

Dec 31st 2012 new

Happy Birthday Liberty!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: My high school male students tend to get every door for me. Of course, I lay it on thick, &quo...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

My high school male students tend to get every door for me. Of course, I lay it on thick, "Wow, thank you SO much. You're such a GENTLEMAN. I appreciate YOU doing this!" Of course, it's genuine, but I know they thrive on the attention, so I don't just say thank you. lol

--hide--

This is great because they are learning from example and hopefully will continue the practice throughout life. I always say thank you when a gesture like this is made on my behalf.

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: This is a piggyback post... Besides the stereotypical "man stuff," like chang...

This is a piggyback post...

Besides the stereotypical "man stuff," like changing a flat tire, fixing a toilet, and carrying heavy things for us, how else can we show we need you? Of course I can open doors for myself, but I like when a guy does it. I can pay for myself, but it's nicer when a guy does it. I can bring my own jacket, but it's sweet when a guy offers his. I think, though, women are so used to doing things on our own that we need to think, "Wait, let him do this FOR me." With opening doors, even total strangers seem to do that down here, so that's more commonplace, but with other things, we actually need to stop and think. Just wondering...

--hide--

Allright Tara, I've thought about this...

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: I think there are three, probably already mentioned ways, that for me, work well. First the lit...
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

I think there are three, probably already mentioned ways, that for me, work well. First the little things. After I buy dinner, or share my jacket or umbrella, I like it a lot when a girl smiles back and says thank you. A touch on the upper arm is really nice as well. Second, let men lead. I once went on a date with a girl to a mutual friend's weeding, and she repeatedly agreed to dance with me at a specific time, and kept suggesting we do it later. When we made it to the dance floor, she asked if she could lead the dance. I said no, she seemed very nervous during the dance, and so I never asked her again. Third, find something you can do with the man you want to court you, and have there be something that cannot be completed without his help. Men like doing things and the high of accomplishment that comes with a completed task. I once dated a girl who when having me over for dinner always had a couple to tasks she needed me to do before dinner. We dated six years ago, and now that I have lived on my own for a while, I realize she could have done everything she asked me to do on her own. But, it was a very effective tactic of making me feel wanted. Sometimes when a man accomplishes something with a woman as a team, it sets his mind on other things they might accomplish together.

--hide--

How on earth is the girl supposed to "lead" the dance??? wide eyed That young lady would have benefitted from some dance lessons. All of the girl's moves on the dance floor happen because of the signals that the male lead gives - that makes sure that the two people don't trip over each other or other couples.

Jan 6th 2013 new
If the man does not know how to dance, then the girl needs to lead the dance. If the man knows how to dance, then he should be leading the dance and the girl should follow him. I always say that the woman should follow the man, only on the dance floor, not in real life. It should be both person making decisions and agreeing on it.
Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: "What if we give you our number, you never call us but continue to send messages?"
(Quote) John-727073 said:

"What if we give you our number, you never call us but continue to send messages?"

Send me your number & I'll share my thoughts by email.

--hide--

You wouldn't be the first to do so, sir. laughing

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: If the man does not know how to dance, then the girl needs to lead the dance.
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: If the man does not know how to dance, then the girl needs to lead the dance.
--hide--

I disagree. I don't need to lead, even if the guy is not the greatest dancer, even if he's making it up as he goes along. It's just a dance, not brain surgery, and no one is going to die if the dance is done wrong. wink If it's a lesson, that's one thing (and in lessons, you show/tell them how to lead, not take over leading for them), but if it's a dance, why not just relax and go with it?

Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: My high school male students tend to get every door for me. Of course, I lay...

My high school male students tend to get every door for me. Of course, I lay it on thick, "Wow, thank you SO much. You're such a GENTLEMAN. I appreciate YOU doing this!" Of course, it's genuine, but I know they thrive on the attention, so I don't just say thank you. lol

--hide--

You teach high school too? Hush your mouth! If you teach Theology, we are definitely going to have to be friends. smile

Posts 121 - 130 of 154