Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 8th 2013 new
Laura,

Are you dancer? I have done a lot of dancing in my life. Believe me there are men who dance with you and if they are leading, you as the woman look like a bag of potatoes thrown all over. With men like that, I rather lead the dance because by the end of the dance your body will feel that it just went through tornadoes.
Jan 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Laura, Are you dancer?
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Laura,

Are you dancer?
--hide--

Yes.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ed-442168 said: Just don't drain the life from the poor fellas.youtu.be.
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

Just don't drain the life from the poor fellas.

youtu.be

"Someone needs to light up that pretty lady."

--hide--

Ed, Thank you for the good laugh!

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Ballroom dancing is fun; I can lead in something. One way a woman can show she needs me is to dance with me off beat

if I get off beat myself, which is the correct way for her to follow; but then she can comment how much better she looks

if can get on the beat again.

I feel that throwing the lady around in dances such as two-step, swing, and salsa are not really dancing, since the woman

is just being forced here and there without much flair from her; though many like it like that.

For practicing, I would like for her to to just let me lead and for her to be quite except for constructive criticism. There is something that happens inside a man if he only deals with a woman based only on orders from another man.

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Isn't there a fine line between needing a man in our lives and being 'needy???? Hm...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Isn't there a fine line between needing a man in our lives and being 'needy????

Hmmmmm
--hide--

At the age of 56, I really don't NEED a woman for anything. While I would like to share the second act, as it were, with a companion in the journey in a marriage, it's not a pre-requisite to happiness or driving force. Quite capable of doing all those things necessary to maintain a full, well-ordered, and spiritual life; have eliminated the excess baggage and impedimentia...so, the short answer to the question, at least for me, is I don't need you to do anything. It's more important you BE something.
Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said: At the age of 56, I really don't NEED a woman for anything. While I would like to share the second act,...
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:

At the age of 56, I really don't NEED a woman for anything. While I would like to share the second act, as it were, with a companion in the journey in a marriage, it's not a pre-requisite to happiness or driving force. Quite capable of doing all those things necessary to maintain a full, well-ordered, and spiritual life; have eliminated the excess baggage and impedimentia...so, the short answer to the question, at least for me, is I don't need you to do anything. It's more important you BE something.
--hide--

Good points! Companionship is a good thing......
Jan 24th 2013 new

A great long hug and a kiss... and sincere thanks (with a smile) in what we do (while looking in our eyes). Telling other people how we help out wether we are there or not.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: (Quote) Mary-363093 said: Tara - great post! It IS hard sometimes ...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Quote:
Mary-363093 said:

Tara - great post! It IS hard sometimes to remember to step back and let the man BE the man! They should do those things for us, even if we're used to being fairly independent. I think the older gents are more prone to automatically behave that way - the younger ones have taken more unfair hits from the feminists, sadly, and it's made them gun shy. I don't blame them.

I consciously have to stop and think - make myself hold back so they can get the door, or carry something heavy, or help me with my coat, or whatever. I really do appreciate every single gesture and kindness from a gentleman - even if I can do it myself.

We're all happier when we feel needed, as well as wanted. A little appreciation goes a long way

My high school male students tend to get every door for me. Of course, I lay it on thick, "Wow, thank you SO much. You're such a GENTLEMAN. I appreciate YOU doing this!" Of course, it's genuine, but I know they thrive on the attention, so I don't just say thank you. lol

--hide--

I would say it is not that "they thrive on attention" but they appreciate sincere thanks. Adult men do too.

Also, when I was young man it made me feel like a hero when a women did that for me but don't use the same technique to manipulate; at a certain age we catch on to that too and the desire to do it diminishes.

The "hero" in men (adolescent and adult) is described in the "Theology of the Body" by Pope John Paul the II. The sincere thanks is described in the "5 Love languages" by a Christian author. It is called "words of affirmation." (Search 5 Love Languages on the internet and take the free test to see which combination of the 5 Love Languages you are.)

Mick

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-841276 said: Might be hard to these days. Some ladies find it insulting to hold the door open for them. (post...
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said:

Might be hard to these days. Some ladies find it insulting to hold the door open for them. (post feminist culture)

--hide--

I always appreciate when a man holds a door open for me. It rarely happens, but is always an appreciated surprise. I always smile and say "Thank you!" because I want to show that I appreciated the consideration. Holding the door is just common courtesy, something our society is beginning to lack.

I'm not offended by a man holding a door open for me. Isn't this gesture just showing someone common respect and recognition as a human being?? Why should anyone be offended by that?? Yes, I can open the door myself. I don't NEED someone to do that for me. But I certainly appreciate being made to feel that I deserve some common courtesy! HOORAY FOR CHIVALROUS MEN!!

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Yeah, that's not cool. Actually, a friend of mine on here is dating a gi...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Yeah, that's not cool. Actually, a friend of mine on here is dating a girl on here who is not being very nice to him, in my opinion. Yesterday, the girl's older brother actually told my friend to play hard to get! He will text her and call her daily, and she will get aggravated with him saying she's stressed or busy with work. I feel so badly for him. I keep encouraging him that most women would LOVE that, yet he is having to hold back who he is and "play her game". He thinks it's ridiculous, and it seems the honeymoon may soon be over because of her games.

--hide--

In don't play hard to get well.. Probably why I've been single 21 years.. I'm too available..

bodyodd.nbcnews.com

Posts 131 - 140 of 154