Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 26th 2012 new

Jacob brought up a good point about "chasing". If I ask you out, say yes the first time. I hear often of women who will say no at first just to see if the man asks again. If true, then it's lame, to say the least. A true man only asks once, and a true lady only replies once, not leave the man hanging. Games are for children.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: When I ask you out, say either yes or no. Don't say yes but tell me how busy you are for the ne...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

When I ask you out, say either yes or no. Don't say yes but tell me how busy you are for the next few weeks. Also, if you truly are busy, then tell me when you likely will be free and when to call, if you truly want to go out. It doesn't have to be anything more than lunch or coffee.

I'll do my best to be a gentleman and impress you, but if I forget something or screw up, cut me a break and appreciate the sincere effort.

If I make a plan, go along with it and be a good sport. If it's something I enjoy and want you to be part of, appreciate the sentiment.

Don't nag or criticize me; if you see something that I should change or improve upon, use Christian charity. It will go much further.

Let it be about us, not our friends; as it said in a CM article earlier, quoting Michael Jackson, "Ain't nobody's business but mine and my baby's."

If there's a problem, let's both approach it selflessly with the intent of focusing on the problem and solve it together.

I will love showing you off in public, but sometimes the best moments occur curled up on the couch eating takeout and watching movies.

As a bachelor, I'm not the best at picking out clothes, so go shopping with me.

All I need to see is a smile and hear a thank you. A hug or even a touch is plenty to let me know how I'm doing.

OK, that's enough wearing my heart on my sleeve; anything further and my fellow Cavemen will pull my Man Card.

--hide--

All I need to see is a smile and hear a thank you. A hug or even a touch is plenty to let me know how I'm doing. ---> A slap on the fannie works too. eyepopping boggled laughing laughing

As a bachelor, I'm not the best at picking out clothes, so go shopping with me. ---> In all seriousness, I would agree, had a girlfriend pick out clothes for me one times and I received more compliments on the outfit than on anything I picked out on my own. Not saying I'd want to do a lot of shopping, but here and there is always fun.........in my experience.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Jacob brought up a good point about "chasing". If I ask you out, say yes the first time. ...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Jacob brought up a good point about "chasing". If I ask you out, say yes the first time. I hear often of women who will say no at first just to see if the man asks again. If true, then it's lame, to say the least. A true man only asks once, and a true lady only replies once, not leave the man hanging. Games are for children.

--hide--

Yeah, that's not cool. Actually, a friend of mine on here is dating a girl on here who is not being very nice to him, in my opinion. Yesterday, the girl's older brother actually told my friend to play hard to get! He will text her and call her daily, and she will get aggravated with him saying she's stressed or busy with work. I feel so badly for him. I keep encouraging him that most women would LOVE that, yet he is having to hold back who he is and "play her game". He thinks it's ridiculous, and it seems the honeymoon may soon be over because of her games.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: All I need to see is a smile and hear a thank you. A hug or even a touch is plenty to let me kn...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

All I need to see is a smile and hear a thank you. A hug or even a touch is plenty to let me know how I'm doing. ---> A slap on the fannie works too.

As a bachelor, I'm not the best at picking out clothes, so go shopping with me. ---> In all seriousness, I would agree, had a girlfriend pick out clothes for me one times and I received more compliments on the outfit than on anything I picked out on my own. Not saying I'd want to do a lot of shopping, but here and there is always fun.........in my experience.

--hide--

I'll ignore the first part... It might encourage you further. laughing

I'm all about shopping for guys! It's so fun, especially when the pressure is off of us. Guys fit in anything!!!! It's sick! In fact, my brother (34) lets me do his shopping! biggrin I even offered to go shopping with a guy I dated who is now dating someone new. I just told him not to ask me how his butt looks in pants/jeans because I'm not looking!!! My brother knows better than to ask me that, but I think a guy friend would ask this without realizing. laughing I mean, that is an important part of picking out pants/jeans, but I'm not going there!!!

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Joseph-841276 said: Might be hard to these days. Some ladies find it insulting to hold the door open for them. (post...
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said:

Might be hard to these days. Some ladies find it insulting to hold the door open for them. (post feminist culture)

--hide--

I would say Thank you if you would hold the door open for me Joseph wink I always like when a man holds the door open. I think it is always the courteous thing to do. I will even hold the door for others.

Kathleen heart

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Jacob brought up a good point about "chasing". If I ask you out, say yes the first time. ...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--

I agree on all points Carl, I can understand a woman wanting to be pursued, but she needs to make it clear that the pursued is wanted and welcomed.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: OK, then show a LOT of leg. j/k.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

OK, then show a LOT of leg. j/k.

--hide--

I'm waiting for someone without a sense of humor to accuse y'all of being sexist. lol

Dec 26th 2012 new

I did initially hesitate for that very reason. I was counting on your (and CM officials') sense of humor.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'm waiting for someone without a sense of humor to accuse y'all of ...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I'm waiting for someone without a sense of humor to accuse y'all of being sexist. lol

--hide--

Oink, oink........ duck laughing laughing

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Oink, oink........
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Oink, oink........

--hide--

Reminds me of the Saved by the Bell ep with Jessie calling Slater a macho pig. He goes, Oink, oink, baby! Lol.... my family still quotes that.

Posts 31 - 40 of 154